Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me about Swaddlebees Simplex..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice View Post
I know what you mean- it is a littke slicker on the outside as opposed to fabricy. But thicker than many other brands.
Yeah, very plastic-y and stiff

Advertisement

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl View Post
Yeah, very plastic-y and stiff
THANK YOU!!! I am now happy I did not blow my money on them... I think I might just stick with my flats and prefolds with a few BGE to go out with
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love ours. I just sold a bunch of BGEs to get some more simplex. I like the sized ones and have not tried the os ones. The absorbency is similar to BGE, I think. I love the fit. They wash and dry so easily and thoroughly. The birsdseye cotton is more durable than the cotton on the BGEs. I like the sized ones because I never have been a fan of zillions of snaps on the front of a diaper like on os diapers.

I have some old style and some new style. I think the old style run a little but bigger than the new style. My ds is just a little bit bigger than your lo and he is on the tightest snap setting on the old style large, but he wears the new style large on the second from the tightest snap setting. I would go with large new style if I were you. You'll get more use out of them. I'm not sure if your lo would fit in the old style large, you might need a medium in those and then need to size up soon. The new style has stretch tabs and the old style does not.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
THANK YOU!!! I am now happy I did not blow my money on them... I think I might just stick with my flats and prefolds with a few BGE to go out with
No.....!!!!! They are awesome! I have tried so many and (to each his own) but I think the quality is awesome (same quality as BGE in my opinion).
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not saying the quality is bad, the outer fabric just felt cheap to me, very different from BGE or GroVia.

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
See I felt grovia felt cheap. Love the simplex os. Comparable quality to bge. We can only do natural fibers and I use simplex & bge. The simplex has cuter prints & dries faster while being just as absorbent.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love them. I can't compare to the old version though. The OS is a little wider through the legs than the sized version but about the same width as the BGE's. The simplex doesn't seem to stain as easy either. My BGE's are the only diapers that I own that are stained. If it weren't for the stains I would sell them in a heartbeat to get more swaddlebees. Everyone likes different things though. They're definately worth trying.
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love them.

I've been using the BGEs since they came out 3 or 4 years ago and they continue to be my favorite diaper.

But the Simplex are a close second. I love that they are super cute.

I've had the sized and the onesize. They are both great, but I'm so lazy I was hating stuffing the attached soaker back into the diaper - so I sold off my sized and I only have the onesize. I leave the soaker with the staydry piece out.

They are a very nice diaper. The outside fabric is not cheap.

I would DEFINITELY recommend them.

In the last 5 years I've used both Grovia and Tot Bots. I like these better than those.

I don't think the Simplex have been out long enough to know how they will do long term. My BGEs didn't start getting holes until about 1 1/2 to 2 years into using them.

Last edited by fish3737; 03-01-2012 at 10:00 AM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #19
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridatracy View Post
I love them. I can't compare to the old version though. The OS is a little wider through the legs than the sized version but about the same width as the BGE's. The simplex doesn't seem to stain as easy either. My BGE's are the only diapers that I own that are stained. If it weren't for the stains I would sell them in a heartbeat to get more swaddlebees. Everyone likes different things though. They're definately worth trying.

Fill your laundry sink with enough water to cover the diapers. Put a bunch of oxy clean and let it soak. It does wonders for the stains. I only do it when I'm selling - but the organic cotton in general does stain like a sun of a gun.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl View Post
I'm not saying the quality is bad, the outer fabric just felt cheap to me, very different from BGE or GroVia.
If you think they are cheap feeling... go check out some Alvas or Bumpkins!

I know what you're saying though. I have tons of PG, and in general I think they seem cheap, but I still love them.