Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I return them to Walmart and then use the gift card to either use toward something DS needs or use it on regular groceries I'm buying anyway and use that amount to order cloth stuff. I figure that way I'm just exchanging dipes I won't use for dipes I will!
If my Walmart didn't except returns I would either donate them or regift them since I know lots of babies on the way!

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Mistakes likey

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89
Not all Walmarts/Targets take diaper returns. I know the two closest to us do not. Donating is a great option!
Ours won't either, you have to exchange for other diaper items unless you have the reciept.
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sposie Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1010 View Post
Ours won't either, you have to exchange for other diaper items unless you have the reciept.
Can you lie to a person and blame an allergy and explain that NONE of that junk will work? Hopefully our walmart will take em back if I do get any (not really expecting any)..we only have one walmart within an hour.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
redshoe95
Registered Users
seller

I always return/exchange whatever we can't use to Wal-mart too we are lucky, our wal-mart and target take back diapering items. I do it with any baby product that we don't need, clothes as well if we have too many in that size etc. I guess I just expect people to do that as well when I give a gift. I want them to be able to have something to use rather than something setting around that won't be helpful to them.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We received 8 GIANT cases of diapers for my Daughter but just took them back to Walmart without receipt and they gave us a gift card to use instead ..it was something like $350.00 worth
Old 03-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
dangerbunny
Registered Users
seller

It is nice of people to think of you but definitely donate or return what you won't use. I think most people think babies poop a lot so diapers are the perfect option, without thinking there might be another way of diapering.

Most retail places will take returns without receipt but only for store credit, say you want to exchange something rather then return it. Especially if you are really nice when you go in, will vary a little by management but they want you to shop at the store.
dangerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde

Can you lie to a person and blame an allergy and explain that NONE of that junk will work? Hopefully our walmart will take em back if I do get any (not really expecting any)..we only have one walmart within an hour.
IDK? They might? I would hope so! Lol Ours used to take back anything but they are starting to crack down on returns. I personally think it has a lot to do with couponing. People buying high priced item cheap and then want to returrn them to get more money for other things.... But, I would at least contact a manager and explain that you cloth diaper and would like to return them for things that you can actully use/need.
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

ah... why don't people give gift receipts???!! MIL invariably sendss the wrong siz/ season and never a receipt...

OP- i love the idea of donating! Personally, I don't agree with retuning to a store if you don't know where the purchase was made. If my brother buys me diapers at Publix and I return them to Target, I don't think that's right... and without a gift receipt, you'll never know where things came from...
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #19
chickeedoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholemom View Post
I didn't have a baby shower so as people trickle in to see DD2 they've brought gifts for her. I guess they don't remember that I cloth diapered DD1 2years ago because I have over 400 gifted sposies. I don't want to offend anyone so I will be donating them to the local pregnancy center.
Yeah, I didn't tell anyone we gave our sposie gifts away either. I gave them to the local food bank and also the battered women's and children's center. They were very appreciated.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #20
chickeedoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
There is no way I could lie to someone who was generous enough to give a gift. It is a gift - its not like I'm out any money. I'm not comfortable returning things I don't know where they came from. I say just pay it forward.