Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
hibiscus869
Registered Users

SUPER gentle cover recs

Ok so I thought we were on the PLing train but apparently not. So we're going to take a break and wait for a few months, go back to diapers. I sold most of my stash (thinking we were done) but fortunately I held on to all my bamboo and hemp prefolds. However I only have a handful of covers for them.

So I am looking for recommendations on covers, I've researched on the internet until I'm bleary eyed and I could use some suggestions, maybe there's something I've missed. Here's what I am looking for, if it exists:

Must be able to use with trifolds.
Must be SUPER soft. I'm so sick of red marks. Surely there must be something out there that's really soft. I am totally open to fleece covers if they work with trifolds. I've looked at Sugar Peas fleece covers but do they work with trifolds?
Preferably sized, my LO is TINY and most OS diapers/covers are WAY too big in the bum, the waist, and the rise is too high. Also my prefolds are very trim and I don't need covers that run big, rather I need them to run trimmer.

I've looked at Flips, Blueberry, Capri, Thirsties, and Gen-Y, but I've heard that Sweet Pea and Imse Vimse are very soft. I just need some suggestions, spam is welcome.

Advertisement

hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
rosebrok
Registered Users
seller

Re: SUPER gentle cover recs

I found Gen-Y left red marks, in the last leg settings in a medium on a 6 month old. Maybe different versions of the cover are better. I have heard that Sweet Pea are softer but haven't tried. I ended up switching to wool rather than bother since I only use fitteds anyways.
rosebrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Imse vimse is great, I've heard great things about sugar peas, and baby soft covers have fleece lined leg openings and are sized and side snapping so they may be good. I've just given in and use fleece soakers. Wild child for babies on etsy does side snapping ones that would work for trifolding.
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestions...I'll check those out! I'm starting to think fleece may be my best option. I did nothing but fitteds and wool soakers for a while but then, as I say, I sold off most everything..oops, I just have a few fitteds and wool for nights. I prefer fleece anyway because you can toss it in the washing machine. I also stumbled upon Wallypop covers...anyone use those?

Oh hey those Wild Child ones are really cute and very affordable! Thanks for the rec, I didn't know about them!

Last edited by hibiscus869; 03-01-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
buggylovemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Peachy Green Switcheroos just came out in Version 2. Their new binding looks and is supposed to be really nice! Also, they are not very expensive, and the new versions just stocked last night at certain stores in new spring prints! I bought size 1 to use with Flips, and size 2 to use over our fitteds hth!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Little Boppers FLEECE AI2s! They are the BEST for trifolding, and I NEVER liked trifolding until I tried the LB Fleece AI2. Now I totally "get it" -- I really think the key to successful trifolding is using something TRIM like an AI2 rather than a diaper cover.

I have a lot of pics in my rave here:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1359943

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

The sized Bummis Super Lites have gentle, wide elastic and work well.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Thank you for all the suggestions, I am checking them all out. I really appreciate it!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
rosebrok
Registered Users
seller

Just want to say that I also tried the sized Bummis Super Lites (before I attempted the Gen-Y) and the too wide elastic gave us both marks and chafing (as if she was in a serged diaper marks). Also in a medium on that one and even with small gaping at the legs we had marks - whether in a fitted or in trifold flat. I am beginning to think I have a really sensitive to marks baby though.

Last edited by rosebrok; 03-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.
rosebrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
hibiscus869
Registered Users

My baby is super sensitive too, and is old enough now to voice it when things are uncomfortable, so that's why I'm on the hunt...but I appreciate these suggestions, they were not ones I had come across myself.