Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #111
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
Okay, all went well and were home. He did great. I was so worried anesthesia would be rough bit he was so cooperative. Such a trooper. Now, trying to get him to let me apply medicine to it.....whole 'nother story.

I'm exhausted though. Got up at 4:15, Harper right after that and she hasn't slept yet. Don't know what's up with this girl. She doesn't nap!!
Glad he did so well!!

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #112
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Awesome about the avacados!!!!

See with Tanner and Peyton they are both so active, fun, and imo the smartest children alive them not gaining weight did not concern me bc they were not sluggish and sleeping all the time nor were they up at all hrs of the night (we had our moments of course).

I did have Tanner tested and I was concerned and it did ease my mind. It also eased my mind when Blu wasn't talking at 2 and we had him evaluated and he was fine. Not the same thing obviously but I think ease of mind is important.

The testing I had done for Tanner was at a lab through my ped's perscription so I did not have to check him in or anything. I held him they drew blood. He cried, I nursed and all was well. He did get special attention that day though and his nickname became Tiny or Teeny Tiny Tanner for the long nickname.

Maybe if you just talked to your ped and did that instead of checking her in.
She is super active and marked at 11.5 months developmentally last week. And while she sleeps 8 to 10 hours at night she does NOT nap. Much to my dismay. Waiting til Friday for our next weight check to make a decision.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #113
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 babies- March Chatter!

hey ladies...
britt, glad the surgery went well and praying for a good recovery and for peace for you.
praying also for the little ones not gaining weight. So hard not knowing what to do.

we got our van on monday. dodge caravan (the classic mom vehicle ) 2006. It is pretty amazing, we are so excited to be able to get it.

heading down to my parents tomorrow...we still get our dental work done there (hubby liked the dentist so much) and will then have an evening with my parents before coming home.
still catching up on sleep from when wayne was gone last week. the house got crazy out of control because I was focused on finishing his office (which turned out great) and I was feeling super overwhealmed. i literally had a near panic attack when I came into our bedroom the otherday and it was still filled with laundry that I had started to fold earlier in the day. so wayne was super husband and stayed up late last night to work on the kitchen and laundry room. he told me to go to bed and relax, so i did...what a guy.
folded a whole bunch of laundry this evening but still have a crazy amount to finish and put it all away. where's the laundry fairy??? and dishes fairy and toy fairy and so on?
probably all on strike.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #114
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So glad surgery went well!

Caspian has had a cold/cough for a couple weeks now. Took him in today and he was wheezing terribly. He is so congested. Dr prescribed an inhaler this morning and insurance denied it. =( Then they gave me a nebulizer instead. I got the run around on medicine for it. I finally got it at almost 9pm. Then I came home to put it together and they only gave the mouthpiece for him! What 7 month old knows to breathe in medicine? :banginghead: I have to wait for the office to open tomorrow to try and get him a mask. I just want him better. Poor little man sounds horrible. =( Prayers please. =(
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #115
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
She is super active and marked at 11.5 months developmentally last week. And while she sleeps 8 to 10 hours at night she does NOT nap. Much to my dismay. Waiting til Friday for our next weight check to make a decision.
This is exactly us over here!!!

Tanner has an incredible vocab for an almost 3 yr old. He is also only 25lbs. He will be our jocky.

Peyton is 13lbs but feels like a tank and has not gained much weight in months. She gained alot in the beginning. If we ask her to find someone she finds the right person/dog everytime--and we have a bunch of dogs. She immitates and is alwys finding mischeif. She is extremely active! Yet the dr will say something about failure to thrive! Really?

Naomi--yeah for new cars!!!! I have not caved on the mini van yet but when its time for a new car, I think we seriously have to look at them. My sister loves hers and it is the only car her 6'5 ds (who is 14) can fit comfortably in.

Amy I hope caspien feels better soon! Sorry for the sickies.

AFM The kiddos are on spring break--lol. The boys go to preschool 3 times a week and they have spring break this week. I find humor in that.

We are having a good time and I am getting back to cooking from scratch again. It is so much yummier!

We are working on pl'ing Tanner, hopefully we will be done by the end of the week. We called it "Big boy Tanner week" and he thinks its a holiday. We also promised Disney World but not so sure if that will happen--we are such bad parents!

Dh is gettin a ton of job offers and even though we have not decided on anything the threat of another move is looming over us! It stresses me out to move and it stresses me out to stay! I feel like a looney bin! plus we have never made a move together without me being pregnant so maybe a move won't happen or maybe I should take a pregnancy test
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #116
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Dh is gettin a ton of job offers and even though we have not decided on anything the threat of another move is looming over us! It stresses me out to move and it stresses me out to stay! I feel like a looney bin! plus we have never made a move together without me being pregnant so maybe a move won't happen or maybe I should take a pregnancy test
I think you'd said in an earlier post you had your kids intellect evaluated. Did you do it? Or did someone else? I think it could be a fun activity to fill a rainy day here!

At least its not moving to China! While still excited about moving I'm extremely flustered that they keep changing the date. We are now I think pushed back to July. With mid August being the latest they can push us back. I'm just having a lot of anxiety over the lack of knowing and ability to make plans. I'm excited to go I just want to go already!

In other news itty bit started crawling yesterday!!! She is using her head as a 5th balance point so her head is getting rug burned. She doesn't seem to care

Naomi I am so jealous of the mini van. I have a Hyuandai station wagon type thing and am wanting more space! Not that we are in a car buying position at the moment.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #117
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
I think you'd said in an earlier post you had your kids intellect evaluated. Did you do it? Or did someone else? I think it could be a fun activity to fill a rainy day here!

At least its not moving to China! While still excited about moving I'm extremely flustered that they keep changing the date. We are now I think pushed back to July. With mid August being the latest they can push us back. I'm just having a lot of anxiety over the lack of knowing and ability to make plans. I'm excited to go I just want to go already!

In other news itty bit started crawling yesterday!!! She is using her head as a 5th balance point so her head is getting rug burned. She doesn't seem to care

Naomi I am so jealous of the mini van. I have a Hyuandai station wagon type thing and am wanting more space! Not that we are in a car buying position at the moment.
lol china is always a possibility too! My dh works for a sports firm there. He has actually made several tours over there with some pro athletes. We were actually all ready to go when I got pregnant with Peyton and then we decided not too.

A move to China actually came up in Feb again but the offer was not good enough so dh turned it down. They seem to offer him something about every 4 months. Nothing quite worth it yet though.

As for an evaluation. Blu who is now 4 had one done at 2 yrs of age bc he was not talking. He was grunting and changing his tone when he talked though but only had a couple of words. When he tried to talk to me I would tell him I do not understand and he would have to use his words. He would then grunt to me slower and louder. It was kind of humorous. Ped thought he should get evaluated. So we did. Dhs nephews are on the autistic spectrum and wanted to rule all things out even though ped did not think that was the issue.

At first I was so upset about it and debated to have it done. We had him evaluated by an outside source that was part of our school district early learning child development program.

We were blown away by how much he actually knew. It was a really good feeling. He actually tested extremely high in all areas except for speech

They did everything from role play to picking things out. The funny part was that they wanted him to feed the baby doll so he ran up to the kitchen to get some food instead of using the pretend bowl (which was empty) and the spoon. He is not that into role play.

They then gave us a report that was at least 200 pages a very specific in all areas and extremely thorough. They also had no concern with his speech he was just delayed in speech and felt that it would be a matter of months before he started talking.

Now the kid will not stop talking. Esp about Dinosaurs. He is constantly quizing us about everything. I think it is bc we use to ask him a ton a questions when he was younger to get him to talk. Now he does it to us. So I had to make a rule that he can not ask me any questions he knows the answers too. He breaks that rule all the time though.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #118
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies, the mini van is pretty amazing. we now have nice happy car rides. it was terrible every time we went to pick up sydney from preschool. literally, the second the door opened, before she was even all the way in her seat, she and elijah were arguing, hitting, fussy, crying at each other. it is literally a 3 minute car ride from home to school and they could not leave each other alone for that little bit. sheesh. now, they actually play quietly with their own little toys (cars and barbie) and there is no yelling! *dramatic thankful mama sigh*

for all the soon to moving, maybe moving mamas.
we moved 6 times in our first 5 years of marriage. I hate packing. You get to those last few boxes of little stuff and you don't know what to label the box anymore. "Painfully Random Junk" is what a few of the last minute boxes have been labeled when we moved.

poor caspian, no fun to be so sick and not able to take the meds that will help him.

kezia has suddenly been getting up on her knees and rocking back and forth. getting close to crawling. she has finally been getting into foods a little more. sliced up a baked sweet potato for her the other day and she liked it. kinda likes mum mums. gave her a banana flavored puff thing, she spit it out like it was the most disgusting thing she had ever eaten. which I thought was funny, cuz I dont think you can get more bland than those puff things. but then I wondered if it was because she has been on formula for the past 5 months, she may not be used to various flavors. i don't know.

who else is formula feeding? what solids have you introduced? how much formula is kiddo taking?
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #119
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to be the total downer, but you ladies are my go to for venting. :giggles:

Caspian has been throwing up for 2 days. He's still doing breathing treatments. Not much better. =( I don't dare say this to anyone but you ladies, but he is having reactions to the shots he got on Tuesday. They think it's not severe effects, but if he continues to not keep anything down he will be going in tomorrow. =( He was 19 lbs 14 ozs at his appt. Hes gone down over a lb, but I guess that's from being mobile now. I just feel horrible for him. He crawled over to June eating at the table and was trying to grab food from her tray. He's only supposed to have breastmilk until they call tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers please.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #120
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl
Sorry to be the total downer, but you ladies are my go to for venting. :giggles:

Caspian has been throwing up for 2 days. He's still doing breathing treatments. Not much better. =( I don't dare say this to anyone but you ladies, but he is having reactions to the shots he got on Tuesday. They think it's not severe effects, but if he continues to not keep anything down he will be going in tomorrow. =( He was 19 lbs 14 ozs at his appt. Hes gone down over a lb, but I guess that's from being mobile now. I just feel horrible for him. He crawled over to June eating at the table and was trying to grab food from her tray. He's only supposed to have breastmilk until they call tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers please.
Poor guy hope he is feeling better soon! My sister and half brother (okay technically my moms identical twins son) both had reactions to DPT (if I'm remembering right) with seriously high fevers and vomiting for days. It started within hours of receiving the shot. Go with your Mama gut feeling.