Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
3ringcircus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: August 2011 babies- March Chatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykins04 View Post
Hi! I have an August 2011 baby so I thought I'd introduce myself. My daughter was born 8-31-11. She is a cutie pie and my little angel! Her name is Abigail, we call her Abi. We reside in southern Wisconsin (so needless to say we are enjoying this weather, it's already 65 degrees today!). I am a stay at home mom and are currently looking for things to keep her entertained. She is almost crawling but seems to only want to crawl to things she shouldn't be playing with (electrical cords, the dog's toys, to name a few). She likes to play in her high chair and jumperoo but I think she is growing tired of those. Any ideas of things I could do with her to keep her entertained?
Welcome! Any ideas . . hmm - taking a moment to appreciate what my older 3 do to keep baby entertained. Levi isn't crawling yet but already has displaying an amazing aptitude to finding what he shouldn't have. He does love standing now so standing at his changing table and putting out all the diapers keep him occupied for a while. I also use the pack n play as a play pen outside the laundry room. He loves the push toy he got for Christmas - you know the kind with the phone and toys on the front - he will sit and play with that for a while. He will still go in the swing for short periods as well. Oh and he loves being outside now that it's warmer - he's even sat in the grass for a while without eating any (that I saw). And I'm not a very lengthy babywearer, but I can get a few things done that way.

Anyone know why I can't get the multi-quote buttons to work? Did I forget something?

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #32
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey guys..

Too many Mum Mum's over here and the kid WILL NOT POOP.

anyone got any suggestions? he was up half the night last night screaming I'm so tired. lol I know all about the Thermometer trick.. but I REALLY don't want to do it, I mean we don't even take tempertures that way. lol

I didn't realise they were RICE rusks when I was letting him have 300 of them a day because it was so cute he could hold them and eat them on his own. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh no lol. Umm apple j diluted, apples, warm bath.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #34
3ringcircus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diluted prune juice; you can also buy glycerin suppositories over the counter which would probably work faster.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #35
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Poor little guy! A little bit of juice should help.

A friend had her childcare drop on her last minute and I told her it would be no problem to watch her two kids. Almost 1 and 3 years. So I have a 7 month old, 1, 2, 3 and 5 year old kids for half the day 5 days a week! It was super fun yesterday, but exhausting. It is going to pay for Izzy's full day kindergarten so it will be worth it.

Caspian is crawling everywhere and getting into everything with the rest of them!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #36
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol, I do feel sorry for you jennifer and your little guy, but that was hilarious the way you described it. I got nothing...just what the other ladies said. poor buddy.

amykins, we've got an excersaucer that kezia likes. lots of gizmos, she can "stand" and spin around and that seems to go well for periods of time. forgot who mentioned it, but i'm thinking of putting up a pack and play as well. the older kids just have too many toys will small parts...not super small like legos or anything, but she keeps finding and chewing up their cardboard puzzle pieces or their cracker left overs or whatnot.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #37
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my life has been crazy! well, whose hasn't, but still, wow!

one super exciting thing, I think most of you saw on facebook, I won that wrap colorway contest! Well, was a runner up, but I'm still so happy! They decided to make 3 wraps. They are finishing up the winner's now, then will move on to making mine in about a month. super excited. I've been dying for a second wrap...ok, lusting for a second wrap, and I think this will do the trick nicely. it was a little pathetic, but I was almost crying last night when I saw that I had won. *overly dramatic happy girlie tears while faning my face with my hands as if that will somehow stop the tears from coming or ruining my mascara* "you love me, you really love me" ok, I'm a nutcase. I'm thinking you are all aware of that by now.

it is super nice weather here, mid 60s when it is supposed to be mid 30s, so the kiddos and I are planning a walk to the library this evening. should be a nice way to spend an hour or so. they love the library...nevermind the books, the library itself is what they like. there is a touch screen computer that sydney is crazy capable with using and elijah loves teh dinosaurs, puzzles and train table. and I love me some quiet chair time with kezia.
off to get supper before heading out.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #38
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got him pooping.

I ended up going to the store and buying the Pedia-lax things. You should of seen his face when I put that thing up there. lol Like WTH are you doing to me? lol

He pooped about 15 minutes later. Now, lay off the MumMums.. I wish they made something like that but not out of rice. He misses his "cookies" lol

He can sit up all on his own now, he got his big boy carseat yesterday and his mom is noticing how much baby foods have rice or rice flour in them.. ugh.

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #39
3ringcircus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Very cute! Did you find any deals on the Britax?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #40
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
hello from Cali! Harper and are on a mommy vacation this week and having so much fun. No sleep but it's nice to visit with family and friends. Monday I spent all day at the hospital with my gf who was being induced with her third baby. My dad came with and kept dd in the waiting room and I came out to nurse her as needed. Baby boy was born at 5:20 and momma and he are healthy and home now.

Dh took the week off to be with the older boys. They are doing well and each day he tells me the laundry is done and dishes are going and that the house it standing. Good, good man. I miss them all terribly though. I have never in 9 years been away from them like this.

What's up with us: Harper is crawling and in everything. She loves to play peek a boo with her lovey from Tickety Bu (best thing ever!!) and will put it OB her own head to wait for me to say 'where is Harper?' then she yanks it down and laughs. Oh she kills me. She's not eating much. No puréed anything-she gags. She can do soft cooked peas, green beans, carrots, bananas, apples that's all we've tried. She isn't overly interested though. She's still waking to nurse at night and cosleeping about half the night. Oh yeah...had her 6 month check last week (she is technically 7 months though) and she is 18.10 pounds and 28.5" long. Thats 96% for height and 80% for weight. This is usually where my kids plateau with the weight gain for about a year so well see.

Afm, getting involved with church more and spending more time with friends I have been blessed to make recently. One is Nathan's teacher and she has a new baby and the other is Nathan's best friends mom and she also has a baby who will be one. Its nice to have some mom friends again. We got through our first tornado- that was horrible. I am terrified of what's to come if it's starting already. I hear the milder the winter the more severe the tornado season. Ugh. I could hibernate...

Question about the babes: what toys are they enjoying? Harper will play with anything but loves things that play music especially. I'd like to get a few older baby toys, things she can manipulate, but don't know what to get that will last a while.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 03-15-2012 at 09:20 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote