Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #41
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 babies- March Chatter!

Hey hey!

Hallie- what are you having trouble with exactly? It's been awhile since I've made any covers, but I will try to help!

Jennifer- glad he's poopin again! lol

Brittney- scary huh? and yes the mild winter can make it worse. fx that you don;t have to do that again though. We are in Tornado alley too.

I have to say that I am a bit jealous of the other babies doing their things, but at the same time I'm not ready for Evan to be mobile. ( heck, he's still not sitting on his own) right now my house is taken over with baby stuff. high chair for the kitchen, swing and walker and pnp in the living room... lol

Things have been at a standstill around the house. Jeff has been working on the garden and working claims plus his reg job so nothing is getting done. I hate living with unfinished projects! But I can't get mad at him. It's just the way it is. This wkns we'll be doing lots of little projects though.
We are hoping to get a bunch of pallets from his work and from a worksite close to our house and upcycle them into a shed soon. I found some cool stuff online about lots of different things to use them for. and free is sweet! lol

I'm hoping we are finally at a breaking point in the teeth dept. the front 8 are all in now. the drooling seems to have slowed as well as the nonstop horrible diaper rash he's had. At least he wasn't a total crankbutt during all that.

Well- time's a wastin'! need to get dinner in the crockpot, laundry going, and pick up Lauren from preK! (oh and yes, the weather has been fabulous here too! 77 today! we are in shorts!)

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #42
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh my vanessa, that is a lot of teeth! kezia still does not have any...thought I saw some teeth buds few weeks ago, but i guess not. Kezia only rolls and gets around that way. she can sit for a few seconds if I sit her up, but that's it. packed up the swing cuz it took up so much space, but i hear ya on the baby things! a little rocker chair, bumbo chair, highchair, and I'm thinking of bring out the pack and play for down here so I can put her down and she can be safe...she keeps finding bits of paper and other super random items on the floor. babies are better than hovers apparently.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #43
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Naomi- with the colder weather gone, I am more apt to put him on the floor (on a blanket). with all wood floors downstairs it was just too dang cold! hopefully he will be willing to spend some time by himself and not on my lap. lol
Old 03-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #44
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

vanessa, oh yeah, wood floors would do it. we've got some loverly shag carpet :P. there is some nice wood floors underneath, but I'm not sure we are wood people...kids play too hard on the ground although I suppose you get used to it. we're just carpet people i guess. hence all the random fuzz/stuffs kezia keeps seeming to find. like, do I even own a vaccum?

heading out to my parents tomorrow through saturday. my sis and bro-in-law are swinging through, so we get to see them. been almost a year since we last saw them and they've only seen kezia in pics, so it should be fun.
still gotta pack :/ but it should go fast since it is just one night and i've finally got only 1 in diapers. woot!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #45
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay for less diaper duty!!! that's so awesome! I know when I was doing daycare I had 3 in cloth. dang! In our last house we had carpet everywhere- kinda nice, but I was always steam cleaning it, and I hate to vaccum.. With the wood floors I know when it's dirty, b/c it sticks to the bottom of my feet! lol We do have carpet upstairs, but it's brand new. We are never up there though. Have fun this wknd!

We are bed shopping Saturday- and we are thinking of cutting up our old temper(type) mattress to make a sectional sofa. It's too worn for sleeping but still not ready for the dump, plus the sofa mil gave us is a pos. We are going to use the frame and take off the arms. Then use the box spring from the spare bed (once we do the murphy bed) for the rest of the frame. I need to find/buy some cool fabric to make the fitted slipcovers for it. I love that we can recycle all this stuff for new things we need! IDK if it will work or not, but it's worth a try!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #46
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey everyone, I haven't been around in a while and now my DS app on my android phone is wiggin' out so I haven't been able to read even .

Vanessa - 8 teeth, holy cow!!!!! Don't feel bad, Mary is not doing much in the mobile department either, she can roll but doesn't use it as a mode of transportation, but she is a champ of a sitter - that kid could just sit all day long as long as someone is in her face keeping her company, lol.

Brittany - scary about the tornadoes, I just don't know if I could handle that. Glad you are having a fun trip .

Naomi - YEAH for the wrap and can I just say that your posts always brighten my days.

Amy - that is a LOT of kiddos, you rock!!!

AFM - Mary had her 6 month appointment a couple of weeks ago: 14lb15oz and 26in - tiny, but doc said not to worry, she's just setting her own curve. She has her two bottom teeth and she's not overly excited about food. She's tried applesauce, peaches, avocado, sweet potato, yeah I think that's it. She always acts like she HAS to have it but then is not super excited to eat it, KWIM?

She is sitting great but not crawling yet, probably won't for a while since she LOATHES being on her tummy still. She still wakes a bunch at night and usually ends up with us for 1/2 the night but her daytime naps are getting a little better, thank goodness.

She is dairy-protein intolerant, causes severe cramping, greenish mucous BM and projectile vomiting, NO GOOD - so I am dairy free and at first it was awful but I'm pretty used to it now, rice milk is a good substitute for cereal and cooking. I do miss a cold glass of milk with dinner and sour cream, I really miss sour cream .

Another exciting piece of news - we are buying our first home! We put our offer in on Monday and it was accepted, we are waiting to close until June 1st but man are we ever excited. It's on 5.25 acres and has a barn and a guest apt/studio, it's pretty much a heaven on earth for kids - little boys especially. The house is in great condition but of course there will plenty to do, mending fencing, building raised garden beds, decorating the boys room and a nursery, etc. It's kind of surreal and so exciting!!!!!

Okay, here's the prize for making it through the novel

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #47
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa- been missing you on here! So excited for you about the house!!! That sounds like heaven to me!!! You are going to be one busy mama!!!
Evan was all smiles seeing Mary! She is such a doll baby! And wow! look at that girl sittin so pretty! I'm not really worried- I know once we/I give him more floor time he will be all over the place. But since we are still in construction mode it's better that he's not getting around yet. Boo for no dairy- Idk if I could do it. I lack will power. lol

AFM- I guess we aren't going bed shopping this wknd. sigh. There's so much for us to do here. I really need to get the spare roo organized so I can start sewing in there. I have tons of projects on my to do list! Better get moving!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #48
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

5 kids 5 and under is super exhausting! But my kids are having so much fun with their friends. And the $ will be really nice. It is a really big surprise for me to see what all I can do. I really didn't think I had it in me! I'm thinking that maybe I really should look into having a home daycare. I guess we will see.

Some highlights for the week:
Juniper patting a crying baby Mason and saying, "It's okay baby"
Izzy "reading" to the girls.
Caspian giving snuggles to Mason.
And what could be better than dancing around the living room with 3 kids watching Ellen? Dancing with 5!

I woke up the other night to Caspian kicking me in the head. He had turned completely around. Then an hour later he was all scrunched up on my shoulder with no pants. I thought it was a fluke, but he keeps taking his pants off. And it is not hot here by any means. This must be a boy thing.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #49
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my Mary is just gorgeous!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #50
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the pics!

Sorry I've been MIA! Aside from the business (busyness?) of going back to work I've also been doing other stuff constantly and have hardly been home. We're all doing really well, though- just bought a new vehicle last week and I LOOOVE it. It's a 2003 Trailblazer LT and it's huge and decked out with all the extras.

Senia's 7 months today and almost crawling. Army crawling like crazy, though. Still no teeth. Handling me going back to work ok, but not great. At least she's finally drinking milk while I'm gone, and she's on some solids now.

Well, off to a cookout so I can't write more now, but just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive, lol!