Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Someone motivate me to start potty training!

DS turned two in January. I know there's no rush, but he's got all the signs of being ready. He tells me when he's done a poo (sometimes before even doing it!). He enjoys playing with the toilet and flushing. Enjoys sitting on the toilet - but he's never done more than say "psssss! I'm peeing!"

I'm sure all it will take is some time a dedication to putting him on the toilet often.

But I'm lazy. Diaper changes are easier. And I love his diapers. And I don't plan on having another baby (or at least not any time soon). So I don't have a ton of motivation...

I've been trying to think about what I could do to motivate me and I could sell some of the stash and get some cute trainers... maybe. But then what would I sell? Is it silly have this attachment to diapers?!

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I don't think it's silly to be enjoying your cloth diapers, I think that's how most people feel, or else why would we all be talking about them endlessly?

Last edited by hibiscus869; 04-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Someone motivate me to start potty training!

I'm totally there with you. In the past 3-4 weeks, my DD has been potty training herself. She could not have picked a worse time. :P I am 37 weeks pregnant and don't want to MOVE, let alone rush a toddler to the potty every 15 minutes. Ugh. On the other hand...there are some really cute trainers!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

well he may just have de-motivated me even more. We have three blueberry trainers here. Put him in them this evening and he managed to poo in two of the three. Which means he has pooed four times today!

Note to self: buy trainers with snaps!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a special needs LO who we've been part time ECing since she was a couple months old. I didn't really feel like we were getting anywhere at all, and she is now 28months. I'm not pushing anything with her, just giving her the option to go from time to time. And we got nowhere, and got nowhere, and got nowhere. But I was more or less okay with that, although lately her receptive language has been coming along, and she was seeming more ready for PL. So today I undressed her from the waste down. (we have all hardwood floors FWIW) She is totally fine with being wet in trainers or in diapers, but she did AWESOME naked!! She only had 1 miss all day! And she went to the potty some of the time on her own! I was so excited. But also I'm sad that we'll be leaving diapers behind soon. But I'm also sad my kids are growing up. Change happens. If you want motivation, give him naked time. You'll be motivated! (Who wants to clean messes off the floor?) Plus I really think that helps move PLing along because it takes the child a bit outside of the comfort zone. Plus your LO will be so proud of himself when he really does pee in the potty, and you'll be so proud too...even if it means leaving cloth behind. And you can always buy some for people's baby showers!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote