Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
happy_mommy
Registered Users

This a good deal for grovia aios & sized bumgenius aios?

So a local momma had 12 Grovias AIOs, 4 newborn Grovia AIOs, and 6 sized bumgenius AIOs for sale. I decided to try them as I've heard good things about all of those diapers. I paid $205 for all of those diapers.

Is that a good deal for used diapers? Seemed like a lot of money since I'm used to buying Sunbabies.

Also, please tell me how much you love the Grovias and Bumgenius diapers so I feel better about spending the money!

So far I think I like them, I haven't had a chance to really try their functionality. But their fit is great with both diapers. I actually bought the small bumgenius diapers for the baby we're expecting, but they ended up fitting on my 14 month old girl.

Advertisement

Last edited by happy_mommy; 03-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.
happy_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
stooce
Registered Users

Re: This a good deal for grovia aios & sized bumgenius aios?

New Grovia AIO are $22.95, BGs are around the same ($24ish) and if you divide $205 by 22 diapers it comes out to about $17 per diaper. Whether or not that's a good deal depends on the quality of the diapers you bought. Personally I can't spend $17 per diaper, I usually spend around $12 and they are in Excellent to Very Good condition. However, I only get pockets and AIO are more expensive than pockets.
Overall, I think you did good, not a "steal of a deal" but I don't think you got ripped off (unless they aren't in good shape.)
stooce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As long as the diapers are in good condition, you did a good job. Grovia AIOs sell for $15-20 on FSOT in EUC and the NBs sell for $10-12 each.

And I LOOOVE Grovia AIOs- one of my favorite diapers!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
happy_mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooce View Post
New Grovia AIO are $22.95, BGs are around the same ($24ish) and if you divide $205 by 22 diapers it comes out to about $17 per diaper. Whether or not that's a good deal depends on the quality of the diapers you bought. Personally I can't spend $17 per diaper, I usually spend around $12 and they are in Excellent to Very Good condition. However, I only get pockets and AIO are more expensive than pockets.
Overall, I think you did good, not a "steal of a deal" but I don't think you got ripped off (unless they aren't in good shape.)
$205 divided by 22 diapers is $9.31. Right?

The diapers I bought are in excellent condition. No staining, no smells, elastics are perfect, so are the snaps. The grovias look brand new. The bumgenius diapers don't look brand new because of the velcro but everything but the velcro looks new yet.

Last edited by happy_mommy; 03-01-2012 at 08:44 PM.
happy_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
daisy7843
Registered Users
seller

Yes, it's 9.31 and if they are in good shape then yup, good deal As long as you are happy it was a good deal.
daisy7843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
stooce
Registered Users

OOps!!! That's what I get for trying to do math before bed, haha! Sorry!!!
stooce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_mommy View Post
So a local momma had 12 Grovias AIOs, 4 newborn Grovia AIOs, and 6 sized bumgenius AIOs for sale. I decided to try them as I've heard good things about all of those diapers. I paid $205 for all of those diapers.

Is that a good deal for used diapers? Seemed like a lot of money since I'm used to buying Sunbabies.

Also, please tell me how much you love the Grovias and Bumgenius diapers so I feel better about spending the money!

So far I think I like them, I haven't had a chance to really try their functionality. But their fit is great with both diapers. I actually bought the small bumgenius diapers for the baby we're expecting, but they ended up fitting on my 14 month old girl.
sounds good to me..
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote