Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
ellemenopee
Registered Users
seller

TTC, Skipped AF, Low hormones? IUD recently removed. Help!?

DH and I are TTC for #2. Last November my GYN told me that I have low hormone levels. I had an IUD placed in October and had it removed about 2 months ago. I spotted a little bit...about what my real periods looked like while I had the IUD, about 5 days after it was taken out. I don't know if I should consider that a period or not. Either way, I'm a month late by my calculations, and 2 weeks late if I calculate off of that spotting. All PG tests show negative. I went in for a PG blood test today and should get the results back by the end of the day or tomorrow. I definitely don't feel PG so I think I just missed a period. Stress? Underweight? Low hormone levels? Will this affect my fertility? Any one have experience with this? Is the missed period common after having an IUD removed?
Any comments would be helpful. My GYN doesn't have appointments til June ! Military healthcare

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
jkelstaten
Registered Users

Re: TTC, Skipped AF, Low hormones? IUD recently removed. Help!?

I had something like that happen when I had my IUD removed last October. I had a cycle immediately after having it removed (I didn't have one while I had it in). Then the next month, I was 9 days late before AF finally came. I got preg. two months later.

I would give it a little bit more time before getting too concerned. Your body just needs to figure out its rythym again.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
ellemenopee
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! That makes me feel a whole lot better!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Can you go with another Gyn if their schedule is open? I know I've never had problems with them if I've got to get in and be seen. Good luck mama, I know how frustrating it can be to try to get in. And sometimes if you talk to your doc, he/she just may be able to get you in first thing in the morning (the hours between 7 and 8 typically are reserved for their overflow of sick call patients and sometimes they can pop you in there).
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What kind of IUD was it (copper or mirena)? If it is the mirena, that can take a bit to get your hormones back to normal. Also what hormones did they say were "low"? That could be a HUGE variation of things & is a bit vague.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemenopee View Post
DH and I are TTC for #2. Last November my GYN told me that I have low hormone levels. I had an IUD placed in October and had it removed about 2 months ago. I spotted a little bit...about what my real periods looked like while I had the IUD, about 5 days after it was taken out. I don't know if I should consider that a period or not. Either way, I'm a month late by my calculations, and 2 weeks late if I calculate off of that spotting. All PG tests show negative. I went in for a PG blood test today and should get the results back by the end of the day or tomorrow. I definitely don't feel PG so I think I just missed a period. Stress? Underweight? Low hormone levels? Will this affect my fertility? Any one have experience with this? Is the missed period common after having an IUD removed?
Any comments would be helpful. My GYN doesn't have appointments til June ! Military healthcare
are you on a base or do you see a civilian? If you are on base go through your regular PCM even if you see a civilian and can't get in. Try the cancellation list or once again try going to your PCM. Also if it was mirena which has hormones it can put your cycle off whack.
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote