Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #11
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't smell like maple yet?!?!?!

Not sure exactly how much tea I drank, but what I did was make a teapot of double strong tea in the morning and make it my goal to drink it by 2 or so. It gets expensive after awhile, but you probably won't have to continue doing it once you are back to breastfeeding full time. You can do it!! Think of how greatful you'll be that you're still nursing 6 months from now and don't have to worry about bottles.

Advertisement

deejahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, we've done ok today. He had a bottle at 7am and he just had a bottle now at 8:45pm! So, that is a vast improvement! We just couldn't handle is poor little hungry cries! He nursed for over 45 min and finally would not latch on anymore...he would just cry and cry! Hopefully the bottle that he got will leave him satisfied enough to last long enough for my breasts to get some milk in them!! I'm scared at what the night will bring!
I'll update you guys in the morning!
I really appreciate all the help! I don't know what I would do without the support here! I'm sure I would have given up already!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #13
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck hun! I'm on Fenugreek, Domperidone, AND I've done the nurse-ins and I was told by the pediatrician today that my son is malnutritioned. So we're back to giving him 1 1/2 oz every 3 hours. I was so excited, too. We were down to only 3 bottles a day. Guess it wasn't working as well as I thought.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:29 AM   #14
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AWWW Tiffani, I'm SO sorry! That's scary! Does the Doc have any idea as to why your milk is not nutritious enough for him?!?! I'm scared now!!

Well, we did ok last night! At 12 I nursed him but he needed a bottle afterwards. He then woke up at 3:15 and we nursed in bed and then I put him back into bassinet. Then he woke up at 6:20a and I nursed him and he is still sleeping!!!! AND I smell like maple!!!! YAY! Well, I don't know how you ladies think this smells like maple....it's just a really WEIRD smell! But I think it's working b/c this morning after he nursed from my right and we switched the the left, my right started dripping!! That's never happened!!
Hopefully today we won't need any bottles BUT if he needs one...I'm praying he won't!!!
Thanks SO much ladies!!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #15
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

My lactation consultant told me it could take up to 2 weeks to get the full effect of Fenugreek. The pill itself isn't going to bring your milk supply back though, you also need to drink plenty of water (6 oz for each pill is a good idea when you're trying to boost your supply) and continue stimulating your breasts so they produce the amount you need. You have to remember that your body produces on demand, so giving a bottle and not pumping is just going to make things worse!
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote