Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Unhappy so scared

After about 2 weeks of nausea, I woke up yesterday feeling basically fine. I was still completely exhausted all day, but no tummy trouble at all. I even sort of tried to make it start by doing things that normally trigger it like not eating for a long time So I freaked out a bit, but then thought I would probably just wake up with it again this morning, but woke up at 3am for no reason and felt 100% not sick. So of course all I could do was worry worry worry and ended up having to get up out of bed because I couldn't sleep (hence why I'm on DS at 4:30am). We are supposed to leave in a couple hours to go see friends out of state where we used to live, and DH wants to tell them about the pregnancy since we won't see them in person again for months, but I am SO not in the mood to travel and hang out all weekend, let alone tell anyone about this pregnancy, when I just feel like it is maybe gone I know that sometimes m/s comes and goes, and I've read a lot of threads online about people saying it left for a while around 7 weeks and then came back, but it's just not what was normal for me before and I can't stop worrying. There are so many stories where the sudden loss of sickness is an indicator of loss too

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
Mrs.H
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: so scared

I lost a baby between #2 and #3. It was quite sudden and very hard emotionally for me. The hardest part was that we'd told no one about the pregnancy yet and so no one had a clue why I was struggling so badly all the sudden. DH and I decided after that we'd always tell about our babies earlier than later. Somehow doing so acknowledges the life of that wee one rather than only it's death and allows the announcement to be sweet instead of bitter. It also provides you with support in the event you lose the babe....just a few thoughts to ponder.

As far as not feeling sick, I was only 1/2 as sick with #2 as with #1, so don't jump to conclusions too quickly. :-)
Mrs.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I have been in your shoes...i know it's so hard not to worry...BUT, it is really true what they say about how every pregnancy is different and you can't really compare them. I had times when I wasn't feeling so sick with this pregnancy in the first trimester (I'm 39 weeks now)and it REALLY freaked me out because I had a miscarriage between our first daughter and this preg. In fact, I'm sure you could find old threads of mine here asking if it was normal to lose the sick feeling because I was also extremely paranoid. Also, I'm having a boy this time and my morning sickness has been MUCH less than it was with my daughter...a HUGE difference. I know it's hard not to worry...I've been there. But don't get too freaked out by it it. In fact, I even had times where I felt really good during my first pregnancy with my daughter and it would scare the daylights out of me because I was positive that meant something was wrong since I would be so sick I could barely function other days. If it makes you feel any better, with my miscarriage, I didn't even start getting sick at all. I felt normal the whole time up until I miscarried. Hang in there...NOT feeling sick every day isn't 'always a bad thing.
p.s. Hormone levels rise, then level off, then rise, the level off, too...so it could be that your body is adjusting to that and that's why you don't feel as sick some days.
https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Thanks, ladies - I appreciate your comments. I have a thyroid condition too and my MW called this week to tell me that my levels came back out of range, so I've been worrying about that too. But everything seems a lot less scary at 7am than it does at 3am, so that is helping I know I should just try to relax, and I already had my first appointment scheduled for Monday, which is hopefully when I'll get my medications adjusted too, so there's nothing I can do about it before then anyway. You're probably all right that nothing's wrong - I still have my other symptoms like sore breasts and tiredness, so that's good. It's just hard to believe how different different pregnancies can be! Pregnancy is so stressful...Anyway, we are going to still tell people, for the same reasons Mrs. H listed - the folks we're going to see are close friends of ours and we would tell them about a m/c, so we might as well tell them about the pregnancy too even if we're worried.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there, I hope everything will turn out ok with you. I'm trying to freak out here too b/c I have NO M/S and I had a lot with my first. I've had 2 very vague tiny waves of nausea and my nipples are sore...that's it.

What I keep telling myself is that you gotta be positive. The baby needs to get positive vibs, positive chemicals flowing through your body. You need to get rest. What will worrying do but go the opposite way? So I just cross my fingers...and am really excited waiting for my first appt on Wed!

Best of luck
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.H View Post
I lost a baby between #2 and #3. It was quite sudden and very hard emotionally for me. The hardest part was that we'd told no one about the pregnancy yet and so no one had a clue why I was struggling so badly all the sudden. DH and I decided after that we'd always tell about our babies earlier than later. Somehow doing so acknowledges the life of that wee one rather than only it's death and allows the announcement to be sweet instead of bitter. It also provides you with support in the event you lose the babe....just a few thoughts to ponder.

As far as not feeling sick, I was only 1/2 as sick with #2 as with #1, so don't jump to conclusions too quickly. :-)
I found this really beautiful. What a wonderful perspective.

OP - I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I don't really have anything to say since you already know the symptoms come and go. I do also know the feeling of knowing that loss of symptoms can be a bad sign. I just wanted to say that I know how you are feeling and I hope you had some nausea today to reassure you.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to encourage you that this happened to me with my daughter and everything was fine. With my son I was ALWAYS sick. With her I'd be sick and then be fine for several days. I kept convincing myself something was wrong- but it wasn't!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
This is my first and I found out at 5 weeks. I had really bad m/s for about 2 weeks and then all of the sudden it went away for a week and comes back in the evening. So try to take some deep breaths and relax. I know it's scary but all you can do is be positive and not worry. Positive vibes to the baby!
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually the only time symptoms stopping is worrisome is when you have heavy symptoms that just disappear. All of them, just gone. The fact that you have other symptoms still is very good.

I went through the same thing. I had my nausea get so bad I have to take one of my phenergans one day, and then panicked because I felt good for 2 days! Which was obviously from the medicine. I'd have a day or two where I'd feel great, panic, and then the next day everything would come back with a venegance.

I pray everything is okay mama, but sadly I know the realities of these situations. Please keep us posted and enjoy every second of those sore boobs!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood: