Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
magoose
Registered Users

Huggies ad

Anyone else not like the fact that there's a Huggies ad at the top of this page? I also really dislike that Huggies commercial about all the dads watching a football game with thier children and how they don't have to change thier babies because the diapers won't leak. Just a pet peeve I guess...Maybe I'm reading too much into it, lol.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I hate that commercial too! It drives me crazy every time I see it. It's like it implies that dads don't even need to change diapers! My DH changes diapers when he needs to. That's part of being a parent. But maybe I took the message wrong. Of course I think leaving a baby in a sposie diaper for hours and hours is kind of nasty. But I can't stand the feel of a wet sposie, and neither does DS!

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Mistakes likey

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Huggies ad

Lol, you're not alone, my DH is so sick of me ranting about sposies every time that huggies commercial comes on. I just find the advertising from all major diaper brands "Keep your baby in their own excrement for up to 12 hours" That's SICK. Maybe the marketing team for Pampers and Huggies should sit in their own excrement for 12 hours at a time to see what it's like. It's not right to be telling parents that is what they should be doing. I can't imagine it feels good and I can't imagine a diaper rash feels good either. I also can't understand why having dads do the "test" makes the diaper more absorbent....Are they trying to say dads are incompetent and don't change diapers as well as or as often as moms? The whole thing is ridiculous.

I also get annoyed when I see formula ads on this site too. Not that I hate formula or anything, I'm just really against the advertising for it. "Happy babies get fed formula!" Uhh, no happy babies have a loving home, don't sit in their diapers for 12 hours at a time and get fed when they are hungry, whether it's breastmilk or formula.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

double post

Last edited by novemberlily; 03-03-2012 at 05:50 AM.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberlily View Post
Lol, you're not alone, my DH is so sick of me ranting about sposies every time that huggies commercial comes on. I just find the advertising from all major diaper brands "Keep your baby in their own excrement for up to 12 hours" That's SICK. Maybe the marketing team for Pampers and Huggies should sit in their own excrement for 12 hours at a time to see what it's like. It's not right to be telling parents that is what they should be doing. I can't imagine it feels good and I can't imagine a diaper rash feels good either. I also can't understand why having dads do the "test" makes the diaper more absorbent....Are they trying to say dads are incompetent and don't change diapers as well as or as often as moms? The whole thing is ridiculous.

I also get annoyed when I see formula ads on this site too. Not that I hate formula or anything, I'm just really against the advertising for it. "Happy babies get fed formula!" Uhh, no happy babies have a loving home, don't sit in their diapers for 12 hours at a time and get fed when they are hungry, whether it's breastmilk or formula.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gross. I haven't seen that commercial but I hate diaper commercials in general. I always think to myself, "I hope those parents don't mind when their babies are adults, and letting the parents sit in Depends for 12 hours while THEY watch a football game. Cause, hey it's not leaking yet. Or they don't 'mind' poop in their pants."

I used to be a CNA, that is actually where I got my anal-retentiveness for changing wet/poop bed linens. It's disgraceful and disrespectful to let an elderly person sit in their waste, I think the same about babies.
Oh, and we used to use cloth waterproof pads under patients b/c it was more comfortable than the plastic ones. It was encouraged by management b/c it was more cost effective than plastic-backed pads.
Okay I'll get off my soapbox now.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberlily View Post

Amen sista!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so babies should NEVER sit in a wet diaper for 12 hours at a time during the DAY, but what about overnight?

My DD sleeps from 7pm-7am and there is NO way I am waking her to change her butt!! Is it Ok then? We use pampers babydry at night (I LOATHE nightime CD'ing, imo, making a baby sit in a cold, wet, gigantic diaper at night is not ok..) The Pampers babydry are the only diaper I have seen that actually feel DRY in the morning, and not cold and wet...
Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
Ok, so babies should NEVER sit in a wet diaper for 12 hours at a time during the DAY, but what about overnight?

My DD sleeps from 7pm-7am and there is NO way I am waking her to change her butt!! Is it Ok then? We use pampers babydry at night (I LOATHE nightime CD'ing, imo, making a baby sit in a cold, wet, gigantic diaper at night is not ok..) The Pampers babydry are the only diaper I have seen that actually feel DRY in the morning, and not cold and wet...
over night is fine, i believe the reason for the "no leaks for 12 hours" is ment for night time, but the commercials never say that. the new ad for dads is reduculous, my husband changes every 2-3 hours in a sposie or cloth. i thought the grossest thing about the commercial was how they kept checking for leaks and bouncing the babies on their full diapers, eeeeww
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Honeybee1999
Registered Users

I haven't seen the ad, but that just sounds gross. Who would want to walk around with a urine-soaked gelatinous mass in their pants? Just because it's not leaking yet doesn't mean it's okay to leave it on. Overnight is different...baby is sleeping, not eating/drinking and probably not pooping and probably peeing less than during the day. But during the day the kid is running around and playing, and probably bothered by the nastiness against their bum.
Honeybee1999 is offline   Reply With Quote