Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
prantastic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Huggies ad

I haven't seen a Huggies ad, but I've seen a Luvs ad that takes up my entire screen! Ugh.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
Ok, so babies should NEVER sit in a wet diaper for 12 hours at a time during the DAY, but what about overnight?

My DD sleeps from 7pm-7am and there is NO way I am waking her to change her butt!! Is it Ok then? We use pampers babydry at night (I LOATHE nightime CD'ing, imo, making a baby sit in a cold, wet, gigantic diaper at night is not ok..) The Pampers babydry are the only diaper I have seen that actually feel DRY in the morning, and not cold and wet...
Really? Just because you don't like to use cloth at night, doesn't make it "not ok" for others to do so. My DD's night diaper isn't actually that gigantic, it's actually pretty stay dry (yes, I've felt it) and it's definitely not cold. She's perfectly fine, in fact much better then having plastic and chemicals wrapped around her reproductive parts for 12 hours. Yes, that sounds inflammatory but I think your statement was too. Just because you want to use sposies at night doesn't mean my kids are hard done by because we have a cloth solution that works for us.

***I should note, I have no issues with people who need to use sposies at night......I understand that cloth at night doesn't work for everyone and it didn't work for us for awhile and we used night time sposies as well. Fortunately we were able to find a solution which works and is comfortable for her. Statements like the above just really bother me........especially on a cding site****

I do think the Huggies adds are refering to diapering at night(and I never wake a sleeping baby to change....unless they've pooped) but they don't say that.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #13
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
Really? Just because you don't like to use cloth at night, doesn't make it "not ok" for others to do so. My DD's night diaper isn't actually that gigantic, it's actually pretty stay dry (yes, I've felt it) and it's definitely not cold. She's perfectly fine, in fact much better then having plastic and chemicals wrapped around her reproductive parts for 12 hours. Yes, that sounds inflammatory but I think your statement was too. Just because you want to use sposies at night doesn't mean my kids are hard done by because we have a cloth solution that works for us.

***I should note, I have no issues with people who need to use sposies at night......I understand that cloth at night doesn't work for everyone and it didn't work for us for awhile and we used night time sposies as well. Fortunately we were able to find a solution which works and is comfortable for her. Statements like the above just really bother me........especially on a cding site****

I do think the Huggies adds are refering to diapering at night(and I never wake a sleeping baby to change....unless they've pooped) but they don't say that.
I agree it might have just been poor typing but there is a big diffrence between saying I dislike the bulk on MY child and saying its wrong for all others.
I sposie at night I have my reasons they include me not liking how bulky MY child needed to stay dry on HER small frame and honestly I do it for ease I enjoy not having to worry about overnight pee ammonia or searching the web for the perfect combo ect.. I see zilitch wrong (heck I even love adn support it) with others choosing cloth at night... Especially on a CD board
FWIW I alos don't agree with the occasional posts that pop up suggesting that if a mama chose to stop using cloth or not "try" they are somehow lo longer great parents.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
Ok, so babies should NEVER sit in a wet diaper for 12 hours at a time during the DAY, but what about overnight?

My DD sleeps from 7pm-7am and there is NO way I am waking her to change her butt!! Is it Ok then? We use pampers babydry at night (I LOATHE nightime CD'ing, imo, making a baby sit in a cold, wet, gigantic diaper at night is not ok..) The Pampers babydry are the only diaper I have seen that actually feel DRY in the morning, and not cold and wet...
I'd like to direct you to this video: http://youtu.be/IKpCcUznbaI

THAT is why a baby should not be left in plastic for any length of time. Even if the cloth diaper is wet (it shouldn't be cold because of body heat plus blankets) over night, it can BREATHE, your babies skin isn't recirculating the same pee+poo filled tiny amount of air for 8+ hours. It's completely different with cloth, new air can come in, the old stale bacteria filled air can escape through the fabric.

Also, going by this 12 hour thing, that means you're only using 2 diapers PER DAY. Considering babies 0-6 months need an average of 12 changes a day, sometimes more if you have a heavy wetter or big explosion, THAT is what I consider not right and not acceptable.

My DD used to wake up in the middle of the night for a change anyway, I don't see the big deal.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I guess I'm ignorant to that sposie commercial When I saw it I thought it was cute that the dads actually had their babies with them. (I guess I know too many moms that don't have their SO there to help out.) I also thought when the dads checked the dipes, they weren't wet, not that they weren't about to burst with pee. I guess in my perfect world, that's how'd it be; daddy's helping with their babes and changing when the dipe is wet, not bursting.

DD's nighttime diaper is not huge. It's our daytime diaper (fitted and wool) plus a ME stay dry liner, which is super stay dry. She has a cute fluffy bum It's breathable and her skin is dry in the morning. This is the perfect nighttime solution for us, but if she was waking up with wet sheets/clothes daily, I could maybe see myself probably using sposies, just maybe, until we figured something else out. She is not a heavy wetter though, so in pp's defense, I can see how some babies might have huge night diapers.
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Oops double post

Last edited by Skybaby712; 03-03-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That commercial bugs me too for all the reasons stated already.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
AlligatorAnne
Registered Users
seller

hmm. The commercial doesnt bother me.
I hate the chemicals in disposable diapers, but I didnt feel offended by anything in that commercial.
AlligatorAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, night diapering is different.
Perhaps I should have disclosed that I started experimenting with sposies at night with dd about a week ago...after nearly 3 years of night cloth diapering. I'm not really thrilled about it, but sleep is also important to a baby's health. I have seen such a nice change in dd's temperment now that she is sleeping an hour longer in the morning, and somehow it is allowing her to sleep 2 hours for her nap (instead of 1; in a CD though).

I think the attitude some people have about sposies is what gets me...the whole, diapers are so gross, we make it easier on the parents b/c you don't have to change as often thing. Even the suggestion that certain sposies are better for the environment b/c you don't have to use as many! There are plenty of good responsible parents out there who use sposies. But the whole I'll leave my kid in this until it explodes idea is not cool.

I still think sposies are icky, but they can come in handy sometimes.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
AlligatorAnne
Registered Users
seller

I didnt think the commercial was implying that you should leave diapers on for long periods of time. I think it was advertising itself as an absorbant diaper. I'm sure there are negligent parents who leave their kids in filthy diapers, but most parents are smarter than that.
AlligatorAnne is offline   Reply With Quote