Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #31
MaMaJodiapers
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Huggies ad

It would be like allowing a formula company to advertise on a breast feeding forum - I would loose my mind on that one though!

I dont want to be an instigator- but could we sign a petition against this ad here?

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #32
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

See, the ads on here don't bother me, I actually think they are funny. It's kind of like wasted advertising dollars spent by the sposie companies, kwim? They must have so much money to blow on advertising that they will spend it advertising to people who mostly if not completely shun sposie diapers. Or they have so much money they don't even pay attention to where they are advertising.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #33
lovemyjgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a friend whose baby I used to keep. I would get him for a weekend and he would have blisters and couldn't stand for his bum to be touched. I would have it cleared up in 3 days just changing him frequently and using my diapers. She used what ever sposie was on sale. When I talked to her about she said "I change him when it's full. I don't understand why he getting rashes." I never did get her to understand. I finally tried to report her to our child welfare department. They told me that diaper rash was not considered neglect or abuse no matter how often it happened. Thankfully he is potty trained now. She's not the brightest light bulb but I felt so bad for that baby. They should teach in hospitals how often and why you should change you baby. Commercials can be interpreted too many different ways.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #34
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I just ignore it..99% of the time I forget it is there..if it bothers you that much pay for a membership?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #35
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky74 View Post
Being unbiased here.....advertising is not necessarily the viewpoint of the site or affiliate. They generate income to keep the site free. We also have a rather decent size sposies audience as well dot here company/site is not off base. If I had deep pockets, I'd advertise too. The asked lasted literally 15 min for 10. I can't imagine how much they paid, but we reap the benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
I just ignore it..99% of the time I forget it is there..if it bothers you that much pay for a membership?
Yes, to both of these posts! I almost always have a huge Luvs ad take up my entire screen when I log in from my computer... but it keeps the site free for me, so I don't care. Seeing an ad isn't going to make me buy Luvs diapers.

FTR, though, I do hate that diaper companies advertise "12-hour leak protection"... like a PP said, it's intentional. They aren't accidently omitting the "at night" part.

As for the ew, cloth at night is not okay and ew, sposies at night is not okay, . Do what works for you, stop judging others. I use sposies at night on DS3 because it works for us. We tried literally every nighttime combo you can think of... the only one that worked was Sandy's fitted with fleece covers. But guess what? DS3 is now too wide for every fleece cover/soaker I have. And I'm tired of throwing money away, trying different brands, only to have them not work... and it's not easy to resell things on DS anymore, because everyone wants everything FFS.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #36
niadara
Registered Users
seller

I thought google ads puts the ads in here? I thought it pretty pointless to advertise on DS for sposies... Not a lot of revenue will come from that!
The commercial is pretty hideous, because of what it implies: first, dads are incompetent and hate changing diapers, and second, you only need 2 diapers a day. I come from advertising and it is true, this is intentional. Yuck.
Sadly I know lots of parents who get the most of their sposies - they squish it and if it's not utterly full they won't change it. Even my sister, a doctor for crying out loud, will do that. It's so gross!!!!

As for nighttime diapering, funny, cause I'm going on a trip soon for 4 weeks and can't bring all my cloth, but will bring at least nighttime diapers as DD sleeps 12h at night and I can't stand the thought of her being in sposies for so long!!! I'll bring my BG 4.0 with 2 inserts which works well for us. Luckily she is now at 13 months somewhat potty trained, poops in the potty and pees a lot in it too. So we won't have to use too many sposies, and only the not super offensive ones (SAP gel free ones). DD doesn't get cold or wet at night - BG's are stay dry and her diaper is as warm as her body.
niadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #37
kristen121
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberlily View Post
Lol, you're not alone, my DH is so sick of me ranting about sposies every time that huggies commercial comes on. I just find the advertising from all major diaper brands "Keep your baby in their own excrement for up to 12 hours" That's SICK. Maybe the marketing team for Pampers and Huggies should sit in their own excrement for 12 hours at a time to see what it's like. It's not right to be telling parents that is what they should be doing. I can't imagine it feels good and I can't imagine a diaper rash feels good either. I also can't understand why having dads do the "test" makes the diaper more absorbent....Are they trying to say dads are incompetent and don't change diapers as well as or as often as moms? The whole thing is ridiculous.

I also get annoyed when I see formula ads on this site too. Not that I hate formula or anything, I'm just really against the advertising for it. "Happy babies get fed formula!" Uhh, no happy babies have a loving home, don't sit in their diapers for 12 hours at a time and get fed when they are hungry, whether it's breastmilk or formula.
I agree. I work in a nursing home and if I let a resident sit in a wet incontinent brief for 12 hours, that would be grounds for reporting me for neglect, so why would I let my baby do that?

And the idea that the dads can't change a diaper because they're watching a football game is stupid. They have a commercial break about every 5 minutes during football games, so go change the baby during a commercial if you can't stand to miss any of the game. I change the baby while I'm watching TV during commercials all the time and my husband does too!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #38
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

I just DON'T get why the diaper companies are promoting using their diapers for such a long time. Wouldn't they make more money if they promoted changing your baby several times during the day??? Sure, the economy isn't doing so well and ppl want to save money, but still... So weird...
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #39
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I had some good friends visiting from out of town recently. They have a 16 month old in sposies. I think they changed him like twice a day, maybe 3 times. I change DD every 2 hours, 3 at the most if we were out and about, and every time I would change her, they'd act surprised and say, "You're changing her again??" Ummmm yeah. Would you want to sit in your own pee?? There have been days when DD was in sposies for one reason or another, and I still changed frequently.

I guess it's a money thing though? Every time I use sposies, I'm do aware of the fact I'm literally throwing money away. With cloth I'll change every hour if I need to and not worry about that at all.

Oh, and you know what really grossed me out with the sposies? Poop in the bathroom trash can. His poop was completely ploppable, but they just rolled it up in the diaper. Our dog got into it one day. Yuck yuck yuck. At least with cloth, we put poop where it belongs.

Last edited by joyous; 03-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.
joyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #40
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

looks like some dads didn't like the way they were portrayed in the hugglies commercial either. check out this article