Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekend Chat: 3/3-3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719 View Post
I did the red cabbage gender test this morning. Its the 5th old wives tale/online gender predictor I've done, and its the 5th one to come back saying girl. I almost wish they'd all said boy so I wouldn't get my hopes up for girl and then end up disappointed if its a boy.

This is going to be a looong weekend. DH is working doubles all weekend for the whole month, so he works from 5am-7pm, so its just cranky old me and the boys all day long until about an hour before bedtime. *sigh*
I feel the same- I have this intuition we're having a girl, and DH is convinced it's a girl (and he was immediately sure DS was a boy)...but in my case I'm worried it's just wishful thinking. I'm suspecting we will only have 2 kids, probably and I'd just love to have one of each. But of course, whatever is meant to be...

Also feel you on the second front- DH is working doubles during the weekend this whole month, last month, and possibly next month as well. He works 7am-1am, just comes home from 2pm-3:30pm to pass out for an hour. I don't even see him really since I'm asleep the whole time he's here. I know it's nice because we're trying to put some money away in savings. But I really wish he was around if only to take Jaime to the park because it's like 70 degrees and sunny but I feel totally overwhelmed at the thought of walking all the way there only to run around after three year old...

Oh well, last pregnancy I was waitressing, so I really shouldn't complain! I just did not feel this sick last pregnancy- and this is wiping me out!

Seems like a lot of us are traveling/have some fun in store this weekend, enjoy, everyone!

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't wait any longer... we went facebook public today.

Last edited by GooseBella; 03-31-2012 at 05:03 PM.
GooseBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
mominthemidwest
Registered Users

Alice, I hope you feel better. I describe my M/S as a hangover, too.

Elise - woohoo!!!

What is the red cabbage test?

Is there a way to quote one line from each post I want to reply to? I am used to forums where the thread is on one side of the page and your reply is on the other.

I am feeling okay today. I went to a friend's birthday party at a hockey game last night, bad idea. I waited to long to eat, junky food, loud noises, skaters made me dizzy. Left after an hour and a half. Hungover feeling this morning cured by homemade breakfast burritos (eggs are not making me sick anymore, yay! That is one the only things SO can make well), and junky donuts.

Super exciting part of my day, the birth center here is putting on a showing of two "More Business of Being Born" films at Drake University. The first one is "Exploring Your Options" and the second is one with celebrities talking about natural birth. There is also a natural baby expo in between.

I stupidly ordered a fancy stroller (Baby Jogger City Select) the other day late at night feeling sorry for myself. It arrived today, and while it may be a pain to send back, I am glad I saw it in person and realized it won't work for me. I am cured of that particular stroller obsession now! I really need to get a double for the two youngest kids I look after. Now that they are both starting to walk wearing one and pushing one just does not work. Any recs? They are 10 months and 12 months. I will stop looking after them in September, and start looking after another infant this winter. So, long term I need something that reclines a little bit, probably 4+months.

Have a great day everyone!
mominthemidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
mominthemidwest
Registered Users

double post, sorry

Last edited by mominthemidwest; 03-04-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: double post
mominthemidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey all, been out and about this am.

Nothing new in the prego front, but we DID get back the results of DS magnet Kindergarten test. It states he failed the test. There is no way he failed the test, unless the test was flawed. But they decided to computer test 5yos! No psychologist or researcher endorses computer testing before 3rd grade for entry into any program they only encourage its use to follow progress. I was so pissed I cried all day yesterday out of anger. This local school system is so messed up, they are trying to take down the magent schools too so everyone can be "equal", it's aggrevating to say the least. My child read's books to me, and does first grade math, yet he failed the test (on the computer). His preschool teacher was shocked to say the least when I called her. sorry. rant over.

We are going to continue sending him to his current school for 1/2 day kindergarten and reapply next year for magnet kindergarten (his current program won't count cause its private he he). that's all we can do, unless we want to pay for private school through grade 12.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm just going to calculate 12wks by the development which puts me at March 26. And i won't really consider myself 2nd tri till the week after lol. I guess i'll be in limbo.

AFM
My appts have taken off already , i have one almost every week till next month, rinse, repeat, lol.
Did i tell you i can try for a VBAC?? I am SO excited about that fact! Because i'm diabetic, my old OB wouldn't hear anything of a vbac for me because she wasn't willing to let me go anwhere near 40 weeks. So the fact that my current OB was like "you're going to try for a vbac,right?" just put me over the moon with happiness. Sorry, i just had to share my joy, lol
Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
I couldn't wait any longer... we went facebook public today.
Adorable!!

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #18
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sara, thats great news about the VBAC!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Confession: I'm wearing maternity pants to church today and I'm not even 8 weeks.

My regular pants still fit fine and I can wear my belt on the same notch, so it isn't about size. It's about barf. Ugh. When I sit down and my pants press against my stomach I feel certain I'll hurl immediately. So I have these really cute slim fit maternity jeans that you totally can't tell are maternity, and they are so much gentler on my sick tummy I'd just hoped to avoid pregnant woman clothes for a lot longer.

Maybe the nausea will go away soon and I can enjoy my clothes for part of spring.

It's been a quiet weekend on here. How're you guys? We were dealing with tornado madness. So many people died in Kentucky, we feel very lucky to have just missed one of those tornadoes.

Oh and yay on the vbac!!

See you all later

M
Old 03-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
So I'm in church right now and a woman is apparently having a stroke! We are waiting for the ambulance to come. Life is so crazy right now!