Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DH broke the news to me...

we will be moving to Omaha, Nebraska.

After getting me all excited about Europe!

AND JUST ASK ME WHEN, OK?

WHEN?

4 weeks before my due date. Um, no kidding. I told him he's lucky I don't go early. But still, I keep imagining myself giving birth at the side of the road in Southern Colorado or Western Kansas!!! I will have to pack my emergency birth kit in the front seat- hehe. I will be driving the volvo wagon with the toddler and he will drive the UHaul with the 2 big kids.

And that means only 1 month to unpack and settle in b4 baby. Trying not to freak out. It will be ok, right???

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It will be okay!!! I know it will suck but it will make the time go faster!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

Re: DH broke the news to me...

Oh boy! That drive is going to take forever between the constant urge to pee and having to walk around so often to avoid clots.

At least Omaha is considered to be the Europe of Nebraska. lol Maybe not but let's start calling it that anyway.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness!! How come you guys have to move? Was this in the works? Do yiu have family there? Are you excited??
Old 03-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

It really will be ok. It really will. And one of the things I tell myself whenever I'm dreading or going through something aweful is that in a week/month/year, it will just be a memory.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ya... when we got preggo... don't know WHAT I was thinking, but yes, we knew his job would be changing over. I was thinking at that time he'd take a job to stay here. But this town is tiny and it kinda makes me insane. I do have 1 sis there. We are not super-close, and our parenting is different, but at least someone will be there.

Europe of Nebraska? That is HILARIOUS!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Omaha is really nice. We moved from there after 11 years. There is lots to do for families/kids, the cost of living is low & there are lots of babywearing/natural parenting groups.

Also, from your siggy, it looks like you are Catholic. Sorry, if I am wrong. Omaha is seriously like 75% Catholic & there is a wonderful Catholic homeschool group there.

We loved Omaha & miss it.

GL

Last edited by threestraycats; 03-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.
threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

I seriously LOVED the old Market area when we were there visiting a few years ago. Probably one of my favorite souvenirs from a trip ever were the iris I bought as bare rhizomes there! they were just in a cart outside this little shop with permanent marker telling the color straight on the skin. They are so lovely!

You will do fine, it will be stressful to move at that time but with good planning you will be ready!

And it sounds like it might be a town right up your alley if there is a lot of natural parenting stuff happening there! We might all end up jealous of you!!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #9
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, guys! I am trying to finish up baby sewing and crafting so I can declutter b4 packing. Luckily I am feeling better these days!

Yes, we are Catholic and we've been to Omaha many times... we just hate the cold . Other than that, I hope to love it. It's mostly just moving 36 weeks preggo, and midwifery being illegal in NE! We can get a mw to come over form Iowa, but our midwife here thinks we'd be good candidates for UB. Not sure on that yet- LOL!

Last edited by momomom; 03-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #10
svaughn78
Registered Users

OMG, I can totally sympathize. We're moving to AUSTRALIA (from California) 5 weeks before I'm due. Grrrr. Such bad timing. I'm excited about Australia, but seriously dreading the 17 hour flight there, and spending that last month of pregnancy finding a new doctor, moving into new home, etc.
svaughn78 is offline   Reply With Quote