Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
capizzi0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
bleeding 5w5d :( UPDATE: saw hb

Was at the store this morning when I felt a gush; thought it was just the remnants of my progesterone supository (TMI) and went to clean up when I found lots of red blood. I rushed home and called the Dr. They said just to rest and see if it would stop. It has gotten a little more brown and I'm not filling pads or anything. Just a fair amount when I wipe and a little on a pad now. I just hate the timing of this because if I go to ER now, there is a good chance we might not see heartbeat even if everything is ok since it's still so early. What would you do? Go to ER now, see if I can see whoever is on call at RE office tomorrow morning, or wait and see my RE on monday? After all we have been through to get to this point it is killing me to think I could be losing this bean...

Advertisement

Last edited by capizzi0; 03-05-2012 at 02:13 PM.
capizzi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Oh no! Just rest and hope it stops. You are right, an ER visit could be unreliable at this point. I hope it resolves itself soon! Thinking of you and your little one! Keep us posted.
jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: bleeding 5w5d :(

No advice just !
Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ddc. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this stress. I've been there three times.

My first time I bled it was at 5 weeks I was freaked out and went to the er. They were able to see the sac and fp. Then a few weeks later I was bleeding again and went to the er. They found the hb. They just chalked it up to being sch. Well finally at nine weeks we list the baby

This last pregnancy I was on progesterone (like my previous one with dd) and wasn't bleeding so I thought all was good. Then at the grocery store at 9 weeks I felt the gush and hemorrhaged badly.

If you soak a pad in an hour go in. Even if you don't feel good go in. They can give you an us and you will still be able to see the sack (if it's still there).

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hugs... I have no words of wisdom, but hang in there. Please let us know what happens.
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I agree that the ER won't really help. They may or may not be able to see a sac, but I don't think at this point without being able to see a heartbeat, they will be able to tell you much.

However, I had bleeding, exactly like you are describing at exactly 6wks with my first set of twins. I had been for an u/s a couple of days prior. I went back to the OB the next day for an u/s to check on the twinks. I was told I was going to lose baby B because he was behind A in growth. A week later, I had another u/s to confirm. I had 2 babies and 2 heartbeats. It turns out the bleeding was a blood clot that didn't affect anything. It resolved on it's own and I only had the bleeding that one day. It was a decent amount and it was bright red, but in the end, it meant nothing.

I hope you find yours is a story you can use to encourage someone someday like mine is.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
capizzi0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Pretty much rested all day yesterday and it has tapered off quite a bit. Now it is just heavy spotting, dark brown, almost black stringy spotting. I guess I feel better about that but read so many miscarriage stories that started out this way. I'm kind of irritated that I haven't heard back from the RE Office. I was really hoping they would let me come in this morning for an u/s. if they don't call me before noon I will just being showing up tomorrow morning after I drop my son off at preschool. Its just so frustrating not knowing what is going on.

UPDATE: u/s tomorrow @ 11

Last edited by capizzi0; 03-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.
capizzi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
capizzi0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Saw one little tiny hb on the monitor this morning! Everything looks great and there didn't seem to be any explanation for the bleeding. My ovaries are still the size of grapefruits, but that's a whole different issue. Lol I go back in 2 weeks!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Phin'sMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: bleeding 5w5d :( UPDATE: saw hb

oh man, so happy for you!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Great news. Yikes on the ovaries!