Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #11
mayrain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! What fits a fat baby? *added pics*

i really like the rb shell sets for my chunky babe cause they are so soft around her thighs(www.righteousbaby.com)

for fitteds, i like mutts...not the t and t ones, but the serged ones cause again they are stretchy and quite forgiving around larger thighs.

good luck!

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendadry Perc View Post
Mine were VERY chubby too.
These were my favorite fit. http://bunny-patch.com/
but back then I got a fleece one. Got it extra big and it was the best night diaper ever!!! way better than a disposable. (couldn't find a disposable that wouldn't leak at night)
Did you get the front or side snap?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Thank you, he is quite the charmer! He even gets kissy faces from daddies and grandpas, I get stopped everywhere I go.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

thank you! You should see the next picture, that was one in a series I took. Basically, the one pictured was a "okay, lady I am SO done here! and in the next couple pics he proceded to pull that blanket right over his head and go to sleep! LOL!!!! He is hysterical.. I just love watching how they're little personality starts to emerge.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #15
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no advice (besides recommending FB dipes b/c thats what my lil chunk wears) just wanted to say that your little man is ADORABLE!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #16
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am right there with you! MY dd is such a chunk, at 3 mos old she is in 6-9 mos clothes and Large dipes. I use alot of fitteds and wool, KL2's, LG bg bamboo, I've used pf's but I am pinning deficient and don't trust a snappi. Oh! Not sure if you have tried the tie nappy's? Those are great, but dh doesn't do them, he wants to learn though. I just use them on her any time I diaper her and leave the fitteds with snaps for dh. BTW, nothing w/ ss works for us, we figured that out, and I loved my FB's, but they left red marks in her thighs.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #17
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

for our fat guy front snaps don't generally work, although i have recently come to love peewells again. so i'm CONSIDERING a few other front snap options. but generally front closures just make it hard for him to sit up . pot belly pig designs work great for us though!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #18
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend Prestons pants, because of the belly dip. I love how it fits my son under his belly without bunching. PBPD fit nicely below the belly. Rumpster have a low rise and pretty big leg openings. We had issues with the leg openings fitting at first because of my son's skinny thighs. I have never tried them, but maybe little beetles would be a good fitted since the rise is lower.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #19
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

we prefer side snapping for our dd

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

I feel for ya mama! We are in the same boat! Our just turned 1 yr old ds is now 27 lbs with 12 inch thighs and a 21 inch waist and it is hard to find good fitting dipes here too! (He was 18 lbs at 2.5 mths...)I love Dream Eze bamboo velour as they have lots of stretch, are super absorbent and fit soooo well. (These are fitteds and I normally put them under wool), and I also love Tykies Diapers as they also have really niec fabrics and will custom anything, so they always fit well, Mutts are good but SOS OS is out for us as the waist is already too small on the cotton fitteds even though they state up to 35 lbs...mmm, what else...oh yeah, pf's are great with a snappi and sometimes I use a Baby Soft Wrap fleece cover as they will cover any diaper (incl bulky ones!), we did use FB before I found the fitted and wool love, and they worked for us - we just bought used that we already somewhat pre-stretched and they worked for us! Oh and I will say again that wool is THE BEST for chubby babes as wool stretches and they can be custom made for reasonable prices (try Just Ducky on ebay or ask here) and double as pants/shorts - we have the problem of not finding pants/shorts that fit either, but wool solves that! And re the front or side snapping, we didn't have much of a difference here, but they had to be stretchy!

And we also get stopped by EVERYONE and he gets his cheeks pinched alot!!!!! I think people just love a chubby baby

GL!

Tara

Last edited by Ashwin'sMommy; 04-24-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: addition
Ashwin'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote