Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
Registered Users
I'll be moving near here soon. Looking at Garnet Valley, and Wilmington/near areas.

thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone from harrisburg, PA??

Hey all-
I am in Lancaster which isnt too far away and I actually grew up in Carlisle! I took hypnobirthing classes at Om Baby which is in Camp Hill. They had cloth diapers and a bunch of other stuff that you could buy when the boutique was open- you would have to call for hours

My DD is a month old and we are doing prefolds and covers right now. We did the Bummis kit because it was one of the cheapest kits to get. The bummis PF seem a little wonky compared to the osokozy ones we just got, but they serve. we also bought a couple of the size 1 thirsties covers because the bummis fit at about 8 lbs and the thirsties started at 6. DD has just started to fit into the bummis covers, she was 7 lbs 5 oz at birth and was 8 lbs 10oz at two weeks, but she has skinny legs and no bum so it took til now to fit the bummis. even though they fit the thirsties covers just seem to fit best and the extra leg gussets have been a god send thanks to the EBF poops we also have BG pocket diaps for the night time- just easier in the sleep deprived haze.

my good friend and co-worker swears by her best bottom diapers but price was the issue for me. even though we registered for diapers every one seemed too intimidated to buy from registry so we ended up shelling out for the diapers and bummis seemed to be the best route for us.

hope you are having a joyful pregnancy and staying cool!

Jaime Lynn
mrsjlewis730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
Registered Users

Ooh! I live in the area-ish, too! We just moved to Red Lion a couple weeks ago. I am going to check out Growing up Green. And the Bums on Maplewood site, while I'm at it.
slightly_addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
Registered Users

I am for Harrisburg . New to CDs and waiting on my BG 4.0s to arrive! I would love to know if there are more CD moms in Harrisburg I can connect with!
smdressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:
I'll be moving to Hershey area soon.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote