Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: It is offical! The farm is ours!!!

Awesome! Congratulations :yippee:

Advertisement

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfinn View Post
OoH sounds so nice. If you are building new please include a sun/plant room for me/my dream!! And a walk in pantry. And don't forget a couple of secret doors and a indoor slide for the kids!! Sorry getting carried away. But seriously have fun sounds like a dream come true.
Check and check on first two. Kids want the slide but the closest thing to it they may end up getting is a laundry chute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
ooo.. build a big mudroom for me!!!!! we live in an old poorman's farmhouse that my hubby's great-grandpa built and have redone every room, but every room has 3 different purposes (no joke). My kitchen serves as the mudroom and it's half taken up by husband's 3 different sets of farmboots, coveralls, 3 different work coats, 3 boys' snowsuits/wintercoats/hats/boots, gunshelves/bullets, calf replacer, and on and on and on! And my boys are 4,3,1 and baby is young, but they are gonna get bigger and their clothes are gonna get bigger! agh! I want a mudroom sooooooooo bad. It's worth it to build a really nice one with a heater so you can dry boots and whatnot. I'd also put lockers in there to hang individual kids' coats, suits, boots in (we had them as kids and we'd also put our backpacks in there as well, but we'll homeschool most likely). Then you should put a big bench along the wall for kids/hubby to sit and put on outerwear.

Congrats on the farm! It's pretty awesome to look out as far as you can see and know you own all that! I get all Bonanza about it. What an amazing blessing and amount of work. Congrats again.
Mudroom for SURE!

I don't have one now and what you are describing is what goes on here too! Right down to the calf milk replacement

What I want to do is have a back door and then the following:

As you walk in, directly in front of you is a door leading to the walk in pantry.To the right of that will be a bench and then cube storage (we use these now in our family closet and I love them!) The exterior wall to right of door will have rows of hooks with low lying shelves for boots and shoes. Just past that will be a utility sink and some other built in storage. Continue on down for the washing machines,dryers, (kind of like this but modified http://pinterest.com/pin/240379698830793314/ ) and then a folding station, (like this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/240379698830793313/ ) round the corner and you will be in our family closet!

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 03-04-2012 at 09:40 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congratulations!!

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a friend who has a family closet and she loves loves loves it!! they have 8 children and live in a 4 bedroom house. they built a small addition over thier garage a few years ago and made 2 of those extra bedrooms and put a family closet in at the same time. without that they would have so many dressers they wouldn't all fit in the rooms to sleep!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post

What I want to do is have a back door and then the following:

As you walk in, directly in front of you is a door leading to the walk in pantry.To the right of that will be a bench and then cube storage (we use these now in our family closet and I love them!) The exterior wall to right of door will have rows of hooks with low lying shelves for boots and shoes. Just past that will be a utility sink and some other built in storage. Continue on down for the washing machines,dryers, (kind of like this but modified http://pinterest.com/pin/240379698830793314/ ) and then a folding station, (like this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/240379698830793313/ ) round the corner and you will be in our family closet!

Growing up there were always 12-14 of us kids (7 biological, and foster sibling groups)... LOTS of laundry to say the least... my dad built my mom a laundry room that had cubbies all over 2 walls and 1 wall with 2 bars across it. The cubbies were for all of us, kids' clothes (we had one vertical row each) and the bars were for our dress clothes and things that needed hung up. The other wall had the washer/dryer and dirty clothes hampers against it. That left just towels and rags for mom to have to go out of the room to put away. There was a long bench in the room and girls went in first to get dressed in the morning, then the boys. Mom also had 2 huge tubs of socks in there (she refused to match socks and so we just dug through them to find a match). I want that someday!!! It made mom's life much easier as she hated doing laundry.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can you add on a summer kitchen for me?? Pretty please?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post

Check and check on first two. Kids want the slide but the closest thing to it they may end up getting is a laundry chute

I once saw in the hgtv mag a slide that someone built beside their stairs for their kids. lemme see if I can find it
Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oooh, do we all get to help you design? I'd suggest nice deep wash tubs in your laundry room or mud room, and a root cellar!
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats! That's so exciting!!!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not meaning to hi jack but where do you all live that you have this much land??

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote