Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Homesteading & Homeschooling Mamas

we are kind of in the early stages of transitioning to this. we have 5 acres and homeschool. we have started a small garden, and once we build our house we'll be starting with animals (dairy and meat goats, meat and laying chickens, and who knows what else ) our schedule (that we try to stick to) is i get up in the morning before the kids and tend to the garden (if i do it every day it really doesn't take much time) and feed/water the animals (we have a small flock of guineafowl and a cat ), then breakfast when the kids get up and straight into school from there (it goes much more smoothly for us when we get it done in the morning), lunch, kids chores, and then playtime the rest of the day. it all goes to heck when i don't get up early though, so it all kind of hinges on that

kara aj mama to B (10/03) A (11/08) T (10/11) & T (10/7/13)

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Homesteading & Homeschooling Mamas

I love all this! I grew up on a hobby farm and was homeschooled. We are trying to buy a repoed house that is across the road from my husbands inheritence (30 beautiful acres). I grew up milking goats and feeding chickens. We plan to homeschool our son and if we have another. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 7months ago. I use to think I would be able to do it all but God has shown me how to prioritise and what I can really handle which os about a tenth of what I thought a few years ago. It is soso worth finding a way to get to the country, been there can't wait to get back to raise my son.
Krafter is offline   Reply With Quote