Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #81
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:
Re: UGH! Sick of trying to buy used baby stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
It may be cheaper, but who knows WHY its in the thrift shop. Maybe they were in an accident with it. Maybe they washed the straps. Maybe the styrofoam was broken.

YOU DON'T KNOW. Its playing Russian Roulette with your childs life, and I don't understand it.

Thats just my opinion. Even dirt broke (with no credit cards, we didnt even qualify for a $100 limit, lol!) we made sure to buy a new car seat. Our babies lives were more important.

I can *sort of* see buying from a friend or relative, but even then I'm iffy. But a yard sale/stranger/thrift store? No way, not happening. I'll stop eating for a week before i do that.
its stuff like this that makes me even question weather or not i should even bother donating my carseat that i bought brand new, never been in a accident, & have taken proper care of it. mabe i should just throw it in the trash since its now deemed worthless cuz it has been used. i just cant use it much longer since my daughter will soon outgrow it.
she has a PF Foonf on the way.

Advertisement

Last edited by moms5angels; 03-03-2013 at 09:09 AM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #82
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels View Post

its stuff like this that makes me even question weather or not i should even bother donating my carseat that i bought brand new, never been in a accident, & have taken proper care of it. mabe i should just throw it in the trash since its now deemed worthless cuz it has been used. i just cant use it much longer since my daughter will soon outgrow it.
Donate!
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #83
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels

Donate. More people will buy used than are on this board. And I'm totally jealous of your foonf.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #84
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels View Post
I'm sure there are people who NEED/WANT it. Take it to a local battered women's shelter. It is not worthless and there are plenty of moms that would be glad to have it.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #85
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels

Definitely donate it!!!!! My mom bought us a very nice, used, unexpired carseat on Craigslist for our current LO, one we would never have been able to afford new. Granted you have to trust the person selling, that they are being honest with you. If you get a bad vibe, obviously walk away. We put the same trust in women that donated their breast milk to us as well...... I have also bought a used crib mattress, stroller, bottles, clothes, toys, the list is endless....... Currently we are looking for a used crib since the new baby will be arriving when DD is only 16 months. The only thing I rarely buy used is diapers, mainly because people want almost as much used for them as new. Might as well buy them new and unstained for $1-2 more . My point is that #1, not everyone can afford new, and #2, not every carseat out there is expired and has been in an accident. Why should they be dumped in a landfill when people can use them?
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #86
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
Donate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411 View Post
Donate. More people will buy used than are on this board. And I'm totally jealous of your foonf.
im not getting r foof as soon as i thought. we order r foonf when clerk said that the PF foonf was ready to b orderd & shiped out. i dont think we orderd soon enough since we dont have a shipment date yet. i think people have beat us too it & were gonna have to wait to the next shipment date. the good news is. we have already orderd so were hopfuly one of the next ppl to get ours shipped when they re-stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I'm sure there are people who NEED/WANT it. Take it to a local battered women's shelter. It is not worthless and there are plenty of moms that would be glad to have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear1208 View Post
Definitely donate it!!!!! My mom bought us a very nice, used, unexpired carseat on Craigslist for our current LO, one we would never have been able to afford new. Granted you have to trust the person selling, that they are being honest with you. If you get a bad vibe, obviously walk away. We put the same trust in women that donated their breast milk to us as well...... I have also bought a used crib mattress, stroller, bottles, clothes, toys, the list is endless....... Currently we are looking for a used crib since the new baby will be arriving when DD is only 16 months. The only thing I rarely buy used is diapers, mainly because people want almost as much used for them as new. Might as well buy them new and unstained for $1-2 more . My point is that #1, not everyone can afford new, and #2, not every carseat out there is expired and has been in an accident. Why should they be dumped in a landfill when people can use them?
ty you guys. i also have had carseats for my kids that were used & it was a big help for me since i couldnt afford new at the time. i have also had my kids use hand me down cribs, toddler beds, clothing, shoes, ect... sometime its all u have to work w/ so u make the best out of it.
i have been planning to donate the carseat to a local consignment shop here. the owner is really nice & trys the best she can to help the community. she knows alot of people who are in need & will deff benefit from it. here is an idea of what she dose. if she finds out somone is in need she will post on fb 'in need of ____, ____, & _____ . if u can help plz feel free to drop it off at my store." she is the one to go to in this aera if u want to donate stuff & u know its going to somone who 'needs' it or if u r somone in need of somthing she will put the word out to help u.

Last edited by moms5angels; 03-04-2013 at 10:20 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote