Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #21
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Family Reactions

We haven't told family and the rest of our friends yet. I have told my close e-friends and a couple of IRL friends that knew we have been trying for a while now. They, of course, were super duper excited that we were able to get pregnant.
That being said, i'm nervous to tell my mom, as her reaction can never be predicted, so it could go reaallyy bad or reaally well lol. As for my MIL, i'm dreading telling her because last year at DD's 1st birthday, she DEMANDED we have a boy next, like it was in our control *eyeroll* So i know that she is going to be hounding us to find out the sex and yadda yadda. Blarg. I dislike that woman.

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
apo_katie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my family and DH's family are SO excited! My sil came to visit for a week and we got my DD a t-shirt that says "I'm going to be a BIG sister!" and she was wearing it when we picked her up at the airport and she saw it at the resturaunt we ate at for dinner. It took her a minute to get it, but when she did, she HOLLERED "ARE YOU SERIOUS! OH MY G**! I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE AGAIN!" I'm pretty certain the ENTIRE resturaunt heard her. My mom couldn't wait and spilled the beans to my pastor at home and I told her that she had to wait until Easter to tell anyone else.

Semi-crunchy, vax-ing, organic-eating with a corn intolerance, home-brewing, , ,
apo_katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #23
aprilkek
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have told both sets of parents now. Everyone was excited. Sometimes it can be really awkward around my in-laws. There are certain things that I can talk to my mom or friends about that I don't feel the need to talk to everyone about, including my in laws. All intentions are good though.

I can't wait for the old women at church to say "You know what causes that right?" I have been planning my response and I hope to shock them out of saying that again with "Yes, and we really enjoy it." I am done with that type of remark. Yes, I am an adult with multiple children. We planned to have 4 from the time we were first married. This is our forth. This baby was planned.

ZULILY! Join Swagbucks and Earn Free Money! Plum District The Mini Social Gilt Group One Kings Lane
aprilkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #24
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilkek View Post
We have told both sets of parents now. Everyone was excited. Sometimes it can be really awkward around my in-laws. There are certain things that I can talk to my mom or friends about that I don't feel the need to talk to everyone about, including my in laws. All intentions are good though.

I can't wait for the old women at church to say "You know what causes that right?" I have been planning my response and I hope to shock them out of saying that again with "Yes, and we really enjoy it." I am done with that type of remark. Yes, I am an adult with multiple children. We planned to have 4 from the time we were first married. This is our forth. This baby was planned.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #25
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilkek

Too bad you can't say "yes, and we're obviously better at it than you!"

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #26
AmpMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We haven't told anyone yet. I'm 8 weeks and we are hoping to wait till we hit 12 weeks to share the news with our family. I'm sure they'll be excited but we do have a 14 month old so we'll see...lol
AmpMommy is offline   Reply With Quote