Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Chick Days At TSC!!!

Am I the only one excited about this

I am calling them 8 am in the morning to see if bantams came this shipment. Good thing DH is not home....

Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chick Days At TSC!!!

I'm excited! Ours is this coming thursday!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would love to get more chickens, especially some white egg layers and some more Polish Crested, but I LOATHE raising chicks. That's why I'm hoping to get a rooster, so my chickens can raise their own chicks.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
dangerbunny
Registered Users
seller

I found it cheaper to order through the hatchery.
dangerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It is, but I only need a half dozen bantams this year and not 25. But I just called and no bantams this shipment.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Bummer!! Have you tried Craigslist?

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
dangerbunny
Registered Users
seller

If there are other TSCs in your area you should do some calling around, they get shipped whatever the hatchery has enough of to ship and it varies from store to store. So you might find your Banties after all!
dangerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our feed store got bantums this past week but they were not so attractive...lol i want six bantums an some "necked necks" as my kids call them. I am going to wait until it gets warm enough to put the chicks i already bought outside. They are driving me batty! Constantly messy! Cant wait till they get all feathered an we have consistantly warm nights..they are getting the boot!

Can you put big chickens an bantums together?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We only have this one TSC within an hour's drive. They did have australorps which I love so I thought I would get six of those anyway. By the time I got there this afternoon there were only 6 left and they were on hold!! The young man that is in charge of the chicks said they hardly got any chicks this shipment-100 cornish rocks, 25 straight run leghorns, 25 australorps, and 50 ducks. I already have 6 roosters so I didn't want any leghorns with the risk of more rooster!!! The hatchery told them to expect some Tuesday morning. So I will keep calling. Instead of waiting for DS1 to get out of school I will go first thing in the morning if they have any.

I have adult bantams and standards together. When they will real small I kept them in separate tubs because I had about 100 standards and 10 bantams. The bantams kept getting trampled. I can't remember when I merged them...after the bantams got a bit bigger and could hold their own. I remember they were flying around the laundry room before DH got their grow-out pen fixed up Once that was fixed I sent them all outside.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What I really want are more turkeys. You haven't had fun until you have turkeys!!!