Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chick Days At TSC!!!

Ohhh turkeys! I need to go to the feed store, they are getting turkeys an guinnees! Dh will kill me if i get guinnees, we do have four acres but we have neighbors. I want a miniture donkey soooo bad but i dont think they would take too much of that with out saying something..lol

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Turkeys are NOT quiet birds. The hens chip and purr all day long. The toms strut, stomp, and hiss constantly. I think my former guineas weren't this noisy!! My turkeys gobble at night if a loud vehicle goes by or if a neighbor is out talking in their yard. But I have really enjoyed raising them. If you do get turkeys, make sure they are a heritage breed and not broad-breasted.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
2angels2love
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was so sad that I missed the Americaunas (or however you spell that...)! I want some of those green eggs! I had the kids all excited about getting some chicks.....bummer. There is another feed store that has chicks, so I'm still going to check there. I also want some banty's, which I know they will have.
2angels2love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

There is always Meyers Hatchery. You can buy small amounts of chicks, I think 25 for the least amount of shipping, you pay higher for less amounts. If you don't want to keep that many, you could always sell some. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding buyers.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awwww i really miss having a TSC=(
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #16
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so excited!

Ours has Light Brahma pullets which are exactly what I want

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #17
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551 View Post
What I really want are more turkeys. You haven't had fun until you have turkeys!!!
I want to do a few turkeys this year!!
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #18
OurLabtink
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cackle does orders of 15!

We are hatching our own as well as ordering from cackle this year so I am trying not to be tempted by chick days.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

We just had a tractor supply open in our town last month. We were so excited when we saw them setting everything up for chick days. But then, we went back several days later and they had converted the chick area to more piles and piles of horse feed...no chicks this year at our TSC. I was so sad!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually order from Cackle. But to just get six I am coming out cheaper this way. I already have an uncountable number of chickens. DH built a bantam coop big enough for six. I did pick up the last six feather-footed bantams they had this morning. I know I have two silkies and a red cochin. The others I haven't identified yet. They are warming up in the brooder as I type.