Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Ummsamiyah's Avatar
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 334
Homemade breast pump bra?

How do you make your hands free pumping bra? I am not sure I really want to spend the money on a new one and I just bought a sewing machine. But I am REALLY new to sewing so be gentle! TIA

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Kenshin's Avatar
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 601
Re: Homemade breast pump bra?

I have heard for a very easy (no sew!) version, you can just cut small holes (more like slits) in a regular sports bra. I'm sure someone could help you make one more like the storebought ones, though. HTH.
__________________
I'm Jessica (or Jess), I'm hoping to expand my family very soon.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
mumtwiceover
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,120
Re: Homemade breast pump bra?

I just took a bra that was a bit tight that I didn't wear otherwise - worked perfectly with pumping - cut a small hole in it and just made the hole big enough for the breastshields to fit through. It worked very well and I exclusively pumped for almost a year!!
mumtwiceover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Ummsamiyah's Avatar
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Homemade breast pump bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtwiceover View Post
I just took a bra that was a bit tight that I didn't wear otherwise - worked perfectly with pumping - cut a small hole in it and just made the hole big enough for the breastshields to fit through. It worked very well and I exclusively pumped for almost a year!!
WOW! that's awesome!

Quote:
I have heard for a very easy (no sew!) version, you can just cut small holes (more like slits) in a regular sports bra. I'm sure someone could help you make one more like the storebought ones, though. HTH.
thanks!
Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Simply Sanity Creations's Avatar
Simply Sanity Creations
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 904
My Mood:
Re: Homemade breast pump bra?

I believe there are instructions on Jan Andrea's site, sleepingbaby.net

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby...raconvert.html
__________________
Sanity, WAHM to my 10 yr old DD, Wife to my for 4 yrs
Our RAINBOW baby is here!
.:..:..:.
Simply Sanity Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Ummsamiyah's Avatar
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Homemade breast pump bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Sanity Creations View Post
I believe there are instructions on Jan Andrea's site, sleepingbaby.net

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby...raconvert.html
OH wow thanks!
Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.