Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Norwex body/face cloths for acne?

Has anyone used these to treat acne and it did NOT work? I am skeptical of anything with only positive reviews lol. I have tried every acne solution available, natural and medicinal with no real luck.

Which cloths work best for acne or do you need both kinds? Does anyplace sell them individually or just in the 3 packs? Online it seemed like you need both types but $40 to invest would be a lot right now......especially not knowing if it works.

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bump
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Norwex body/face cloths for acne?

I don't want to spam, as I am a consultant. If you would like an honest opinion, you can PM me!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I don't buy it at all. There is no reason these expensive cloths would do more good than a clean washcloth at each face washing. The silver would only serve to kill bacteria in the cloth, which your washing machine does just fine.

My 20 year acne problem resolved with clean washcloths, Cerave cleanser and lotion, hydrogen peroxide, and beta hydroxy lotion (Paula's Choice brand). The peroxide addresses the bacterial issue, the beta hydroxy exfoliates inside the pores and reduces inflammation, the Cerave cleans while not provoking oil production or removing the skins own protection against bacteria, the clean washcloth avoids putting bacteria back on the skin.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

I'm leery of nanotechnology and the nano silver particles. I wouldn't put that cloth to my face even if you paid me. JMHO.
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr
I'm leery of nanotechnology and the nano silver particles. I wouldn't put that cloth to my face even if you paid me. JMHO.
I think it just is a fancy way to say there are extremely tiny silver particles in the fabric. Which isn't so weird. It's becoming popular in athletic, military, and other clothing that gets heavy sweat. Silver is an amazing natural antibacterial agent, and the amount in the clothing is way below the maximums.

It just doesn't make sense to me, to buy silver infused fabric that is easily replaced by a stack of frequently washed washcloths.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII

I think it just is a fancy way to say there are extremely tiny silver particles in the fabric. Which isn't so weird. It's becoming popular in athletic, military, and other clothing that gets heavy sweat. Silver is an amazing natural antibacterial agent, and the amount in the clothing is way below the maximums.

It just doesn't make sense to me, to buy silver infused fabric that is easily replaced by a stack of frequently washed washcloths.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1477-3155/2/12

Depends on the size of the particles. I wouldn't want silver nanoparticles inside my body...
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1477-3155/2/12

Depends on the size of the particles. I wouldn't want silver nanoparticles inside my body...
I would worry about the materials they mention, but not silver. There are recognized safe levels for silver intake. What might come off these cloths is probably less than from wearing silver jewelry.

Nanoparticles of manmade materials are scary. Silver, not so much.

But I still don't buy that the silver even leaves the cloth any significant amount.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Norwex body/face cloths for acne?

I used these (and without any facewash)for about a year but I wouldn't say I have acne, only a few pimples at a time. It did dry them out and my face was really smooth but then it dried my face out too much. And it definitely worked better than just using a clean washcloth. I'm finding that changing my diet is actually working better. Perhaps there is a food that isn't agreeing with you and your skin is acting out because of that? My BIL struggled with horrible acne for 15 years and then found out he is allergic to dairy. His face cleared up completely after 3 weeks of no dairy. But if he has the tiniest amount of dairy he will break out again. Sorry that's not what you were looking for but my experience(or rather BILs)
Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
jessicacarol
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really enjoy the clothes, it seems more scruuby but also softer than regular wash cloths. It makes my skin smoother and break out less when I use the cloths, plus no more cleansers, just water. You only need the body pack, not the facial cleaners as they are more for makeup removal and the body pack does just fine....I think it is $26 for a 3 pack