Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 3/5-3/12

I don't think I'll have a shower as this is my 3rd. I had 3 showers for DS1 and none for DS2, but family/friends got him a present when he was born which was nice. But if this happens to be a girl my family might want to throw me one because we don't get many girls in my family. I think this is a boy too, which would be awesome because we have everything we would need!

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

This will be my 3rd too so no shower here. I had a shower when I was preggo with my ds but that was it. I'm not crazy about the idea of a traditional shower for subsequent kids but I do like the idea of a stock the freezer type shower. I know that we will get gifts from friends and family though once the lo arrives. Plus, we really don't need much if anything (other than a new car seat). I have clothes for either gender, diapers, etc. We should be pretty set!
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #23
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtwiceover View Post
Hello All -gonna try ot be more active in the chat threads -

I'm Alyson and have 2 other kidlets - Bailey - going to be 16 years old this Saturday and Jack - will be 2 in April. I'm waiting for my U/S on the 19th to confirm that there is an actual baby with an actual heartbeat in there before being uber excited sonce I had a blighted ovum pregnancy that ended in December (found out the beginning of November - same time as my due date for this baby).

It's so nice to see so many of us already and we're still only in the middle of the due date month (if that makes sense).

Congrats to everyone else - exciting times!!!
Yes, Yes, join in!!
I completely understand your being hesitant until your u/s...I keep telling myself that I won't get excited, but eh, too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljube112 View Post

this exhaustion in the early weeks is killing me. We went to play group this morning and I had such a hard time running around after my own 2 (2y and 13m) and the girl I babysit (19m). I need a naaaaaaaaap!!

When I first found out I was preggo, I didn't want an u/s but now I kinda do. just to have that bit of reassurance that there really is a baby bean in there with a beating heart.
I understand your feelings fully as well! before we know it we will be seeing/hearing those beautiful little heartbeats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen+1 View Post
I would seem most of the mamas I have seen with bfp's already have lo's.

Question? Are you having a baby shower? My sil and I were chatting about it today. My mil wants to throw her other daughter a shower because "people have been asking."

So do you have subsequent baby showers? I find it a bit tacky, sorry if you don't or have had more than one

My sil has a 6yo, a 3yo, and is in need of bottles and diapers only. My other sil has a 2.5 and 1.5 year old, and I have the 1.5 year old. So there is lots of baby stuff around. She has everything, but diapers, and bottles. Between myself and my 2 sil we have enough shoes/clothing to probably clothe 3 children at once. It really is absurd the amount of stuff we have between us. Lots of hand me downs from other family, new stuff here and there for our lo's- it has added up over the years.

My ds has about 10 pairs of shoes that fit him currently, and about 15-20 per size, and I could go at least 3 weeks without washing his clothes-given only 1 outfit per day.
Nope, this is #7...i'm well past the baby shower stage! Though I would not turn down a diaper/meals shower! We have nothing for a little girl, but other than that we are pretty set minus a new carseat...I will admit though, I kind of miss that once you get pasted a certain # of pregnancies...well they don't seem to be celebrated any more...I'd love to have a get together with friends and family and simply *celebrate* the new little one! Alas, all of our friends have moved to new duty stations, as have we..and most of our family is in the midwest...

I think if you have 3 in there Colleen you MAY need one!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #24
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Another no-shower person here. It would be nice, but I doubt it would happen.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #25
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks its unnecessary...it would just be family, and she or my sil didn't get a 2nd shower. I think family is asking because they want to get a gift, but you don't need a shower for that. My sil did say if I was having triplets I may need one, lol. What is anyones thoughts on that? It is unlikely but possible
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Colleen~ If it's triplets, I say that's a whole nother story!! Then I would hope for one, as you'd be buying at least 2 more sets of everything!!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #27
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agreed! Colleen, if you have 3 in there I REALLY hope someone throws you a shower!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
winodini
Registered Users

I have a feeling one will be thrown for me. This is my SO's first child (my 3rd, but my youngest will be almost 7 when this one is born). His family is super excited about the baby, and since we are "starting over" I'm sure they will go overboard LOL.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen+1 View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks its unnecessary...it would just be family, and she or my sil didn't get a 2nd shower. I think family is asking because they want to get a gift, but you don't need a shower for that. My sil did say if I was having triplets I may need one, lol. What is anyones thoughts on that? It is unlikely but possible
If there is three, then yes, you should get a shower! You will need a lot of things for them!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #30
khbordelon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just jumping in the answer the "shower" question.

I had one for DS, organized by coworkers. No shower for my following babies so no shower this time again. The thing is I am originally from France and 1) we don't do baby showers there 2) all my friends are in France so there would be nobody to invite!

ETA: And yes, if you are expecting 3 at a time, you should definitely havea shower!

I have a question (more like a need of an opinion):
as I said in my intro, this is pregnancy #8 with only 2 living children. We had DS then DS2 was still born, then 3 early m/c then a chemical, then DD. With DS we announced it to everybody when I was about 8-10 weeks along. DS2 we didn't find out until I was 12 weeks so we announced it when I was about 15 weeks and then of course, we had to call everybody to tell them I was in the hossy at 20 weeks and then announce the funeral. The other 4 pgs, very few people know about them. For DD we waited until I was almost 20 weeks when we felt "confident" enough to announce it.
I feel the same way for this pregnancy: I don't want to announce it early (especially with DH's finally because they can't keep it secret!) but 1) I don't think I will be able to hide it very long, because my belly is poking out already!
2) SIL just announced that she is pregnant and she has to be due just a couple of weeks before me. It's her first so she announced it as soon as she got her BFP.
Sooo (thanks if you are still reading!!) should we announce it soon, let's say as soon as we have a u/s with a heartbeat or would it be weird to wait until past the first trimester since SIL are so close in EDD?
Thanks in advance for any input.