Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #21
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easy ways to make a lot of formula at once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
Please forgive my ignorance - but I thought you couldn't premix formula? That it had to be thrown out an hour or so after mixing? Enlighten me!
You can premix formula up to 24 hours in advance if it's kept in the fridge. Bottles of RTF formula can be kept in the fridge in their original containers 48-72 hours after opening, depending on the brand/type. Once the formula has been set out at room temp, or if baby has taken a drink from the bottle, it should be tossed if not finished within an hour.

Advertisement

Last edited by Sha-nanagins; 04-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #22
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have breastmilk storage containers (Avent) that I fill with the right amount of powder for a feed; that way I can just filled the bottle with water and know I have the right amount of powder I can just dump in, instead of measuring out scoops while baby is crying...
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #23
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Re: Easy ways to make a lot of formula at once?

We were filling bottles with room temp water and formula despensers with the correct amount of formula, but, now we have to mix 3 scoops to 5oz and she only drinks 4oz so I mix 20oz at a time in a water bottle and just pour it into bottles as needed....it's actually way easier other than having to warm it which sucks if we are out.
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ended up buying the Dr Browns Formula pitcher. That thing is awesome!!!!! It saves so much time & I don't miss the sore arms from shaking mixing containers. I'm only upset that I didn't buy this 2 years ago

I was using hot tap water to make the bottles but am strongly considering one of those hot but not too hot water pitchers for making baby bottles since our water company is adding more crap to the tap water that I don't want my little guy to drink so I would fill this pitcher with bottled water. It heats water fast & keeps it warm for hours. It's designed to make baby bottles fast that don't need heating or in our case, have hot water available immediately to mix in the formula pitcher. With his severe allergies, I couldn't use the microwave for fast hot water since at times, we microwave food that he is allergic to & he is that sensitive.

-mom to 3 big girls (9, 12 & 18 ) & 1 little guy (26 months)

Last edited by ssand23; 04-21-2012 at 07:21 PM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote