Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fav gardening (veg) resource

I had no clue you couldn't use 7 dust on edibles. We have always used it in the garden when we got a bad pest and just washed the veggies well. Perhaps I should look into something elese for this year?

This is what we use: (can't penitrate the plant and can be washed away because it's non-synthetis)
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CK4BEPMCMAE#

I think I'll do a little more reading on it. I don't want to take the chance with the boys since we will be eating all this stuff.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 03-06-2012 at 11:19 AM.
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok did more research and they are indeed aphids...cabbage aphids. We are going to do the following- hose off, spray with soap water mix, rinse, dust with flour, 3 days then re evaluate. May try neem oil spray and am ordering a whole bunch of lady bugs

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lady bugs just rule!! We are lucky because they nest around here, also a curse if they wanna come in the house or shed to do it. When we moved in they we just everywhere. I was sweeping and vacuming for weeks as they kept popping up and falling. Constantly cleaning out the light fixtures.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, we plant a long row of the huge marygolds to attract the good bugs at the end row of the garden. Bees, ladybugs, butterflies, and moths and common in the garden with those planted. Not sure if they have anything to do with the ladybugs or not?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
I had no clue you couldn't use 7 dust on edibles. We have always used it in the garden when we got a bad pest and just washed the veggies well. Perhaps I should look into something elese for this year?

This is what we use: (can't penitrate the plant and can be washed away because it's non-synthetis)
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CK4BEPMCMAE#

I think I'll do a little more reading on it. I don't want to take the chance with the boys since we will be eating all this stuff.
I have a hard time not eating straight outta the garden u know before I can make it inside to wash stuff of lol