Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Hey there ladies :-) We are into another month! SO excited about all the progress that is happening with our little ones!

I know there are several of us who get to find out the gender of our babies tomorrow. I am giddy with anticipation! My kiddos are too.

I am eager to see some of the cute wraps and carriers that you are all posting about. I have been trying not to buy stuff till after we find out the sex.

I am so glad to hear that the doctors have ruled out some serious issues with Martha's headaches and other scary symptoms. Still praying that they will find a cause and a cure!

Praying for a great week for all our little bundles of belly :-)

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Martha - I'm glad they ruled out anything serious and I hope you are feeling better soon any maybe some answers.

I'm so happy, they found out my van just needed a few spark plugs changed out and it's running fine now. I get to pick it up tomorrow and cost me almost nothing to fix. I was so worried that it was going to be something major with thousands coming out of my pocket.

I have an appt on Wednesday and then we schedule my 20 week ultrasound, I still can't believe we're almost 1/2 way through!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good news Christina. I always get nervous with repairs, too. We don't really budget for them .
We went to the Museum of Science and Industry today. We saw the fetus exhibit where there are live babies in glass in different stages of development. I cannot BELIEVE how big our babies are already!!! I just stood in front of the 17 wk jar (no 16 wk) in awe! No matter that this is my 3rd pregnancy to get this far, I am always in awe of the development. It is so amazing!!!
It was a good day, but now I am too tired to sew like I usually do on Mon nights.
eta: they obviously are not live anymore!

Last edited by jemilyon; 03-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Met my Dr. for the first time today. Liked him for the most part I guess. Pelvic exam will tell me more if I like him . He went thru the vbac fine print and all that good stuff. He said he prefers to do epidurals when doing a vbac that way if they end up doing an emergency c/s, they don't have to worry about anesthesia. Never heard that before...anyone else have any info on this?
I also was told that my protien S defiecincy was the same as before. BEFORE? I didn't know I was diagnosed with it before. It's not too serious at this point b/c I haven't had any complications with any clots even w/ 2 previous c/s. He just wants me to take a baby aspirin a day.
Starting for feel baby move ! Love that part!
Sorry to hear about all the damage down south. Is it around where you live Christina? Every one take care! We are have unseasonal warmth here.

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, I went to one of my local Kid2Kid stores today to just look. There was a Baby K'tan size small for $15 (I need an XL ), there was a size 4 Hotsling for $15 & a size 5 Hotsling for $25 (not sure what size I would need in that one, so I didn't wanna buy one that was too small). Oh yeah, & there was a light blue Ergo that was $56.

Guess I'll just keep looking.....
SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Jemilyon - What a shocker for you today! Congrats on the boy close to 17 weeks is MUCH more reliable gender wise, so hopefully this one shows the same at your next scan!

Martha, I'm so sorry about the headaches. I get HORRIBLE debilitating migraines in pregnancy. It's awful. I hope that you get some relief soon!

AFM: Not much going on here... Trying to get things lined up with the house so that we can be clear to close. We're waiting on the appraisal to be set up for FHA, and just submitted our repairs list to the sellers from the inspection. I applied for the local Children's hospital today, which was the first day they had their new graduate positions listed. They take applications until April 13th, and then don't start the job until June 24th.. which I'm afraid is going to knock me out of it. I don't know how to handle the pregnancy situation with that, but I'm hopeful that something will work out with everything that we are dealing with right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh my goodess!!! I don't think I could handle looking at real babies in jars :-( I am forever amazed at the progress, but pickled babies just makes me want to cry.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #8
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107
Jemilyon - What a shocker for you today! Congrats on the boy close to 17 weeks is MUCH more reliable gender wise, so hopefully this one shows the same at your next scan!

Martha, I'm so sorry about the headaches. I get HORRIBLE debilitating migraines in pregnancy. It's awful. I hope that you get some relief soon!

AFM: Not much going on here... Trying to get things lined up with the house so that we can be clear to close. We're waiting on the appraisal to be set up for FHA, and just submitted our repairs list to the sellers from the inspection. I applied for the local Children's hospital today, which was the first day they had their new graduate positions listed. They take applications until April 13th, and then don't start the job until June 24th.. which I'm afraid is going to knock me out of it. I don't know how to handle the pregnancy situation with that, but I'm hopeful that something will work out with everything that we are dealing with right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Wow you have a lot going on!!! Do u have to disclose the pregnancy on apps?

Yeah it was a bit of a surprise. I thought i was confirming a girl!! Lol. Dh is ecstatic though so thats great
Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways
Oh my goodess!!! I don't think I could handle looking at real babies in jars :-( I am forever amazed at the progress, but pickled babies just makes me want to cry.
I know
Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways
I was thinking this too. It's hard but I think I'd want to see anyway.

I have my 16 week checkup today and I schedule my big ultrasound. We do it between 18-20 weeks. I'm hoping to be more on the 18 week side.... Lol I'm dying to know!!!!

Martha I am so glad they ruled out anything serious. I completely understand how much you must be hurting. My migraines are so horrible I can't function much like that. While I don't ever recall any numbness I have vision problems and pain that shoots down my neck and back. I pray you feel better soon.

Da has play group today then we will have lunch and go to my apt. After that it's nap time and laundry time for mommy! Lol I'm excited for you finding out the genders!! I'm kinda hoping my dr will take a peek so I can see....
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #10
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Jemilyon I laughed out loud when I read your post. Congrats on the boy! I'm nervous mine will change at 20 weeks too, but it was kinda hard to miss the boy parts so if they say a girl next time around I may worry about what that was!

Martha, I am so glad the headaches are nothing too serious. But still, any headaches are just awful when you can't really take anything. I've been fighting sinus headaches all week and just want to lay on the couch. I can only imagine how you are feeling!

Good luck to the Mama's with ultrasounds today!!! I can't wait to hear your news