Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Martha,
I had nasty headaches last year (not prego) too. I was going to the chiropracter at least every week for a while and that wasn't helping. finally I went to a Dr. They tried migrane meds which didn't work, and eventually did a CT scan. The scan tured out just fine. I know I don't identify stress until it's past, so they recommened massages and relaxation b/f testing hormone levels (but they weren't following a cycle pattern). The regular massages did the trick along with the stress getting better. Not saying any of this will work, but hey, who needs a better excuse for a massage???

Advertisement

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa
Martha,
I had nasty headaches last year (not prego) too. I was going to the chiropracter at least every week for a while and that wasn't helping. finally I went to a Dr. They tried migrane meds which didn't work, and eventually did a CT scan. The scan tured out just fine. I know I don't identify stress until it's past, so they recommened massages and relaxation b/f testing hormone levels (but they weren't following a cycle pattern). The regular massages did the trick along with the stress getting better. Not saying any of this will work, but hey, who needs a better excuse for a massage???
As a certified massage therapist, I second this.....massages can really help headaches. Specifically if u know they are tension/stress related. (Also if u are a jaw clencher/teeth grinder).
I've been dealing with headaches too for a few weeks now, only once a migrane. I had migranes while preggo with my son, so I'm not suprised I'm having them now. I'm gonna email some of my fellow massage therapists from school to see if they will help me out.
Lots of massage therapists also have special tables with cutouts for belly (and also boobs) so later in pregnancy it can feel really good to lay "on your stomach".
Only issues with massages, is cost...they can be pricy.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeysmama View Post
Jemilyon I laughed out loud when I read your post. Congrats on the boy! I'm nervous mine will change at 20 weeks too, but it was kinda hard to miss the boy parts so if they say a girl next time around I may worry about what that was!

Martha, I am so glad the headaches are nothing too serious. But still, any headaches are just awful when you can't really take anything. I've been fighting sinus headaches all week and just want to lay on the couch. I can only imagine how you are feeling!

Good luck to the Mama's with ultrasounds today!!! I can't wait to hear your news
I lol too (and cried!!)!...and I just put all my girly wool up FSOT I also told dh that we have to have a 4th to try for another girl! Hmm, he didn't seem to like that idea much...!! He said, "We don't have enough money!" and I replied that one day I'd be making really good money and he said, "I'm not talking about when you are 40!!" LOL!! He has a point. I have no idea when I will be finished with my master's degree with all these kids running around! But, I know in his heart, practicalities aside, he wants a big family.

I think it's easier to mistake a boy for a girl than vice versa so you should be fine

I second the gl to all us mamas today!!! Can't wait to hear everyone's news!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have my checkup today. Then I'm going shopping for at least 1 new bra!

ETA: I went to ThriftTown yesterday & I got 8 long sleeve side snap tees, 1 short sleeve pull over tee, 2 prefolds (I think they're nb) & a flat for under $6! The tees are all between nb & 6mo sizes. But, they're ALL white. I want to dye them I think. What brand of dye should I try? I want bright, vibrant colors, not pastels. TIA!
SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!

Last edited by MrsD; 03-06-2012 at 09:18 AM.
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon
Wow you have a lot going on!!! Do u have to disclose the pregnancy on apps?
Nope, they don't ask (and can't legally ask). As long as the bump is hidden during an interview there is no way they should know unless she tell them. I hope you find something soon, mama!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Funny story (atleast I thought it was ). I thought it strange my little guy was so exciting to go voting. Then we pulled in the parking lot and his poor face fell. "Mommy, where is all the water? How can we go voting without any water?" Poor kid thought we were going Boating, not Voting. Luckily the stickers were enough to cheer him up.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeysmama
Funny story (atleast I thought it was ). I thought it strange my little guy was so exciting to go voting. Then we pulled in the parking lot and his poor face fell. "Mommy, where is all the water? How can we go voting without any water?" Poor kid thought we were going Boating, not Voting. Luckily the stickers were enough to cheer him up.
Haha! When I was little my parents would go to the "licorice" store before they had parties or guests over. I always had to sit in the car and they never brought me any licorice out no matter how much I asked! I was probably 12 before I realized you have to be 21 to go into the "licorice" store :-)

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Oh no!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just checking in!!
I am glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well. Martha- so sorry about your headaches. I can totally commiserate but am thankful to say that my headaches seem to be getting better.
Emily- I laughed out loud when I read that your little girl had a penis! Awwww... I know you were so excited for a girl, but little boys are wonderful. It is much more accurate closer to 17 weeks than 13 weeks. I, for one, love having boys-- after all this will be boy #4.
We have been having a tough time with my oldest- prayers are certainly welcome. I have been knitting a lot for the newbie and working a bit. Other than that, I have been relaxing A LOT!!! It snowed today and we have a bit of snow on the ground-- so pretty.
Have a great one!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
Only issues with massages, is cost...they can be pricy.
I have a lady about 15 miles away (close for me) that does 1/2 body for $30. Same price it was costing me for chiropractor. And she does awesome deep tissue massages, and doesn't talk too much .

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
Haha! When I was little my parents would go to the "licorice" store before they had parties or guests over. I always had to sit in the car and they never brought me any licorice out no matter how much I asked! I was probably 12 before I realized you have to be 21 to go into the "licorice" store :-)

Love the little kid innocent misunderstanding stories !

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote