Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: Week of March 5th

Major Vent/Rant ahead. I just need to get it out before I dehydrate myself crying or explode.

Today has been a disappointing day!! We were all ready to get our new chicks yesterday but TSC ran out before we got there. Half their shipment didn't come. It is a small thing, I know. We will get over it. But it just set the tone for the rest of the day and today!

Today I took off work to take my son the 30 minutes to our county library for story hour. I never get to go b/c I am always teaching on Tuesdays. The library is a voting place so they canceled the story time so there wouldn't be a lot of toddlers/preschoolers present. But what they had was a bunch of pissed off parents with toddlers/preschoolers running around with nothing to do. Yeah, that was well thought out!

So I though we would drive to the Memphis zoo for TN free Tuesdays this afternoon. Nope. It is canceled in March b/c people just dump their kids off like it is a babysitting service during spring break weeks.

Then DH texts me that he needs more clothes. No, "hi honey I have decided to stay until Friday b/c the need is so great. Please pack my x, y, and z to send up with the second wave of students." Instead it is, "need socks, undies, shirts, and pants. Make sure you don't send the wrong stuff."

Not only didn't he say bye to me on sat. night, but he hasn't even called to talk to me ONCE since he was gone. I have a toddler that screams for his daddy for hours at night and daddy can't even call? (he asked me not to call him, I have tried, but he hangs up on me) I found out via FB that he called his: brother, dad/mom-in costa rica, his childhood female friend, and our bosses last night. When I asked if he was calling me he first said he didn't have service/time. I called him on that and then he said he tried but I must have been irresponsible as usual and let my phone die since it went to voice mail. I had been sitting with my phone in my hand for two hours waiting for him to call with four bars and 3G service. liar! Good thing he isn't coming home tonight. There would be **** to pay.

I sat in my truck at work and cried like a crazy person. I came home and played in the yard with my toddler for a while. Then I packed some clothes for DH. Everything I got I took a picture and sent him a text asking him if it was ok. It annoyed the poop out of him. I know he is tired and stressed, but this is no way to treat your wife!!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jessica - I would have packed my DH everything mismatched if he had sent that message to me. I'm so sorry he seems to be so insensitive right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jessica-- I am so sorry you are having a bad day and that your husband lied to you. My feelings would be really hurt.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #24
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made 2 more diapers and I'm officially sick of it. I am a good seamstress but I'm tired of the finicky diaper sewing. I think I will list my NEW snap press on fsot and just buy the rest of my stash. I need to start packing in about 6 weeks, and the stress is not worth it. I can make probably 2 or 3 soakersin the time to sew 1 dipe, so if I sew all my soakers and buy the dipes, I'm just gonna call it good. I'm tempted by Nicki's diapers new smartfit pf's. Maybe 2 dozen of those and 6 or 12 Nana's Bottoms fitteds.

I am so obsessive about cd's and baby gear. I mean, all I use is a carrier, a diaper bag, and cd's, but man, I can still seriously obsess over them! Can't imagine if I wanted all that other baby stuff! I'd be a basketcase.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Jessica: hugs!!! I would have sent everything dirty and told him that I didn't have time to take care of him since he doesn't have time for me and then lies about it. Girl you are much nicer then I am. I would have gone off on his rear end.

All those stories are so cute!!!

My apt went well today. The baby is doing great and kept kicking the Doppler lol!! Heart rate at 155 so it's anyone's guess hahaha. My ultrasound isn't until April boo I was hoping it would be before the end of the month lol
Old 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jess, I'm sorry
I would be hurt too. Hopefully he gets his priorities straight SOON!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #27
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeysmama View Post
Funny story (atleast I thought it was ). I thought it strange my little guy was so exciting to go voting. Then we pulled in the parking lot and his poor face fell. "Mommy, where is all the water? How can we go voting without any water?" Poor kid thought we were going Boating, not Voting. Luckily the stickers were enough to cheer him up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I made 2 more diapers and I'm officially sick of it. I am a good seamstress but I'm tired of the finicky diaper sewing. I think I will list my NEW snap press on fsot and just buy the rest of my stash. I need to start packing in about 6 weeks, and the stress is not worth it. I can make probably 2 or 3 soakersin the time to sew 1 dipe, so if I sew all my soakers and buy the dipes, I'm just gonna call it good. I'm tempted by Nicki's diapers new smartfit pf's. Maybe 2 dozen of those and 6 or 12 Nana's Bottoms fitteds.

I am so obsessive about cd's and baby gear. I mean, all I use is a carrier, a diaper bag, and cd's, but man, I can still seriously obsess over them! Can't imagine if I wanted all that other baby stuff! I'd be a basketcase.
I know what you mean. That's why I've decided just to buy flats! But, of course there has to be one complication: I want hemp flats!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #28
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jessica. I know the feeling. Sometimes my DH is just really focused on where he is at the moment, and what he's doing. Text him that you DS is crying for him and when you'll have the phone in your hand, and then try to get through until he gets home. And then, once you've had a good hug and kiss and had some positive family play times so that DS can enjoy his dad... I'd discuss this experience, say that it's unacceptable, and how can you guys work together to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Of course, that's usually my plan in my head, but then my emotions often get the better of me. *sigh* Still... aim high, eh?

My DH is taking me to my midwife appointment which is 2 hours away - tomorrow. He is NOT happy with me considering a homebirth, so it's not going to be a fun drive. Sometimes they can be hard to handle, eh?
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

About the time I got done with my rant post he called to see how I was. Hah! Maybe he could feel the evil vibe from three states away The bus was leaving at 4pm and I had to send DS1 down the road chasing after them with the clothes because I forgot (no, not on purpose!) to send them over there! I was so busy in the yard working on "my" fruit trees with my neighbor I lost track of time.

I just posted on my FB that since DH was gone I was seeing another Latino tonight..Papa Juan (That is what DH calls papa john's). The reply from DH was rather swift and funny.

Thanks ladies for letting me rant and rave. I seriously needed to get that off my chest. All better now!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #30
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am glad he called Jessica. Sometimes being home is harder than being gone. When you are the one gone you are busy and busy and tired and busy. but when you are the one at home you are tired and bored and bored and tired!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote