Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
I know I was hoping it was all a mistake about Alice. :-(

What's the link to the facebook group? Somehow I missed it.

Just laying in bed here trying to convince myself to get up. I'm so exhausted. I also am not in the mood to go to work today, had a bad day yesterday. Maybe a little Zumba will help. 8w 6d today. :-)

Advertisement

Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Oct Chat (3/6-3/9)

Morning ladies. It was hard to get on here this morning. I love chatting with you girls, but it feels like there's just a dark cloud of sadness hovering over the group. I will add a positive.....this is the third DDC I've been a part of in a year, and NEVER have either of my other groups cared for each other like this group does. This is an amazing group of women and I know we will hang tight and I hope Alice knows we are always here for her. So so sad today for sweet Alice.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymdenise View Post
I thought I'd start this today, but then maybe we can go back to weekly, as our chats have slowed a bit. Let me know what you think.

Don't forget to update the Calendar
Thanks for taking over! 9weeks today! Yey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post
I remember wishing for stronger signs between 5-6 weeks. I had some food aversions and fatigue. kept squeezing my boobies to see if they were sore around 6.5 weeks the nausea hit and it has been non-stop :/ My dr. offered me meds at my visit yesterday and i declined. I will pick up some b6 and some unisom maybe.

I had my first a U/S yesterday baby looks great. Measured exactly 8 weeks and had a beautiful heart rate of 168.

I am debating whether or not to get the Nuchal (sp) scan. I am AMA this time and they are suggesting it. I would love to see my baby again in a few weeks but i don't want to worry about the results but I want to know if something is wrong so i can prepare...sigh...
I won't be getting one... but I don't *really* have a reason to either. Here are my thoughts, if the results of the test can't save/fix any possible problems and won't change the outcome at all then I'm opting out. There is a high risk of false positives which means a high risk of lots of undo stress... BUT that's just the way I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
I don't know if I can keep my sanity if we lose one more of our lil pumpkins. I am stressing way to much about this pregnancy and I have no reason to other than having heard everyones stories. I'm debating on take a break from DS and the facebook group for a while. But I really enjoy the support that also comes from this group... so I don't know.

8w5d today... the 2nd trimester can't come soon enough. Feeling ok ready to feel much better though. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Tell me about it mama. I think I had a full blown anxiety attack yesterday :'( I seriously considered calling my backup MW and seeing if she could get me in for an US... Luckily my DH calmed me down a bit. My heart literally aches for Alice- I cried on and off all day yesterday and then again this morning when I got an email from her... But you know, that's what these groups are all about. We are here to celebrate together and mourn together- it sure beats doing it all alone!!! That said, if you need a break or to step away for a minute I totally understand. I've had to do that from groups before. In fact, I've barely checked in with my loss support group since I got my BFP... I feel guilty, but at the same time I think the stress it causes me isn't the healthiest thing for me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline11009 View Post
I know I was hoping it was all a mistake about Alice. :-(

What's the link to the facebook group? Somehow I missed it.

Just laying in bed here trying to convince myself to get up. I'm so exhausted. I also am not in the mood to go to work today, had a bad day yesterday. Maybe a little Zumba will help. 8w 6d today. :-)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/17559...group_activity
Here is our FB group mama! Come join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Morning ladies. It was hard to get on here this morning. I love chatting with you girls, but it feels like there's just a dark cloud of sadness hovering over the group. I will add a positive.....this is the third DDC I've been a part of in a year, and NEVER have either of my other groups cared for each other like this group does. This is an amazing group of women and I know we will hang tight and I hope Alice knows we are always here for her. So so sad today for sweet Alice.
Yeah, it's crazy. I've been a part of a few DD groups and never ever seen one just basically shut down over a loss before.

So I'm going to put together a list of ideas for Alice's care package. I'll list them here and on FB and would love everyone's input. I'll try to take a "vote" and then finalize the decision.
I think at this point it's pretty much nailed down to a necklace or bracelet, some Earth Mama Angel Baby aromatherapy, Possibly a star registry and/or possibly some healing crystals... and then we will have everyone who wants to participate make up a heart with a few loving words (or a card if you would rather) so that when she open the package she is just overwhelmed in well wishes.

I'll come back in a minute with links to ideas.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sheena, I just let the ATTSers know, and will be in charge of keeping them in the loop. But have we decided if we're going to mail all this straight to Alice, or to her mother? I was thinking if we had her mother's address, we could just start personally mailing cards and anything her mom's way. In addition, we could agree to a big gift, like what you mentioned above, and mail it to her mom too. Then her mom could take it when she goes. But I thought her mom was going for a visit soon. If she's not going soon, then that idea won't work.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

I guess I was just thinking of mailing to her mom b/c I remember Alice saying that she didn't want to buy stuff and have it shipped to her b/c if its good stuff, it won't make it to her house before being swiped by the mail people who go through the boxes. That's why she had her friend bring her stuff. I'd hate for our special gift to never make it to her.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OKay, this is a copy and paste from FB:

Okay, here are some of my ideas. Please let me know what you all think.

RareDaisy Jewelry is AMAZING. The woman who runs this store has the BEST energy and I have loved everything I have bought from her. That said, what about a rainbow themed bracelet? For hope and healing? She also does healing crystal packs... and getting a package from her is by far the most fun. She packs things BEAUTIFULLY with dried roses so it even smells wonderful. I really can't say enough nice things.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/87192574...al-hemp-anklet

Or something like this, there are lots of different versions of this. So just tell me if you like the idea. we could even get a little "K" charm for Kumquat...or do you think that would be too sad?
I have a little charm bracelet with an M and I love it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91474503...628_angel_wing

Fancier?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90038458...facet=handmade

Less fancy?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/93792040...facet=handmade

Healing heat mist?
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/ba...eart-mist.html

Also, someone mentioned they had a star gifted to them in the name of their lost little one. <3

Let me know what your favorites are!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OKay, this is a copy and paste from FB:

Okay, here are some of my ideas. Please let me know what you all think.

RareDaisy Jewelry is AMAZING. The woman who runs this store has the BEST energy and I have loved everything I have bought from her. That said, what about a rainbow themed bracelet? For hope and healing? She also does healing crystal packs... and getting a package from her is by far the most fun. She packs things BEAUTIFULLY with dried roses so it even smells wonderful. I really can't say enough nice things.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/87192574...al-hemp-anklet

Or something like this, there are lots of different versions of this. So just tell me if you like the idea. we could even get a little "K" charm for Kumquat...or do you think that would be too sad?
I have a little charm bracelet with an M and I love it.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91474503...628_angel_wing

Fancier?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90038458...facet=handmade

Less fancy?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/93792040...facet=handmade

Healing heat mist?
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/ba...eart-mist.html

Also, someone mentioned they had a star gifted to them in the name of their lost little one. <3

Let me know what your favorites are!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love the angel wing necklace that has the little letter disc with it the best. We could get a "K" one.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Sheena, I just let the ATTSers know, and will be in charge of keeping them in the loop. But have we decided if we're going to mail all this straight to Alice, or to her mother? I was thinking if we had her mother's address, we could just start personally mailing cards and anything her mom's way. In addition, we could agree to a big gift, like what you mentioned above, and mail it to her mom too. Then her mom could take it when she goes. But I thought her mom was going for a visit soon. If she's not going soon, then that idea won't work.
Quote:
I guess I was just thinking of mailing to her mom b/c I remember Alice saying that she didn't want to buy stuff and have it shipped to her b/c if its good stuff, it won't make it to her house before being swiped by the mail people who go through the boxes. That's why she had her friend bring her stuff. I'd hate for our special gift to never make it to her.
Hm. Well, I told her we wanted to send her a care package and she gave me her address, not her mothers... should I ask for clarification? On one hand I hate to keep bugging her, but on the other hand I can imagine she's not exactly thinking straight right now. I'll just email her.
Also, did you get the PM I sent you on FB? Sometimes if we aren't "friends" it goes into the "others" folder and you won't get a notification.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

I like the Rare Daisy rainbow bracelet and the angel wing necklace. I don't think a "K" charm would be too sad. When we thought we lost this baby, we named it and DH's mom sent us a little angel figurine with the name written on the bottom and that was very special. I also like the healing mist.