Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #21
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I might prefer a toy that said "change gay marriage" over the one I have that just keeps repeating "a is for apple!" followed by a super annoying jaunty tune.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #22
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

Re: WTF fisher Price toy said gay marriage????!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclesis View Post
Awesome link! That totally described the one we had. It finally got sent to goodwill a few weeks ago after 5 yrs in our house.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #23
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL! We got that stupid dog for christmas from somebody, the kids played with it on christmas day and the next day I stuck it out in the garage in a trash bag, ready to go to Goodwill!

(And... I don't know how many times I told people 'Please don't buy junky gifts for the kids, they really don't need anything, if you would like to get something then craft supplies are always useful'. And yet, people just cannot help themselves buying more chinese rubbish!)

Last edited by jeebee; 03-07-2012 at 04:41 AM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #24
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclesis
I saw the new generation one she mentioned one day. I also wondered where it was hiding its machete. I promise if anyone ever gifts us a MOVING possessed dog, that thing will be gone as soon as the look of horror fades from my face. My MIL will probably buy it and think it is fabulous. I will leave it at her house. Win/win.

I know how to use capitalization and punctuation. Siri, however, fails
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #25
Benj
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kai&Mommy* View Post
I feel a little crazy writing this, but not sure what too do. My mother was playing with my Son & came running into the the room yelling....saying she was watching him playing with his new fisher price laugh & learn remote...She said she watched him press a button & it said plain as day "change gay marriage" I said she was nuts-it's a CHILD'S toy!!! she swears too me she was sitting right next too him & heard it. Now I'm a little freaked out & not sure what too do....If I called the company I'm sure that they would think I'm nuts! I've pressed every button & could not get it too say it. Is it possible that a disgruntled employee could have done something like this & program it too say that every so often???!! Please no rude comments. I'm serious & pretty freaked out right now.
Ok you are NOT nuts!!!! Yesterday I was playing with my 17 month old son, and he was pushing all the buttons on his Fisher Price remote. It was saying all of the normal kid things and playing little songs. All of a sudden it said "_____ gay marriage". Now I am 100% positive about the gay marriage part, but I didn't get the first word. I could have sworn it said "support gay marriage". I thought maybe I could have misheard it too until I was telling my fiance about it and she said to Google it. I didn't really know what to search for, so I typed "fisher price gay marriage". Low and behold, this thread came up first and it happened to be the same toy that my son was playing with. What are the chances of that? We both heard it. I know I heard it. Im going to email Fisher Price about this one.... See what they have to say about it.
Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
We have a singing fisher price school bus that sings "Crash and burn, crash and burn somethingsomething then we turn...somethingsomethingsomething all around the town crash an burn and back around".

I have no idea what it was SUPPOSED to say, but you can't really understand it anyway. Even the daycare kids hear "crash and burn".

One day it "accidentally" got wet for a long long time, and now it just says "mrrr...mrrr".
we used to have that too, and ours sounded like the same thing! It is supposed to say "stop and go"
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had that stupid dog too. The same first gen one from the link. It ended up in our room one day and I hadn't noticed. That is, until the middle of the night. Nothing like waking up to "peek a boo! I see you!" in the middle of the night. He went battery-less after that.
Mama*Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Ok you are NOT nuts!!!! Yesterday I was playing with my 17 month old son, and he was pushing all the buttons on his Fisher Price remote. It was saying all of the normal kid things and playing little songs. All of a sudden it said "_____ gay marriage". Now I am 100% positive about the gay marriage part, but I didn't get the first word. I could have sworn it said "support gay marriage". I thought maybe I could have misheard it too until I was telling my fiance about it and she said to Google it. I didn't really know what to search for, so I typed "fisher price gay marriage". Low and behold, this thread came up first and it happened to be the same toy that my son was playing with. What are the chances of that? We both heard it. I know I heard it. Im going to email Fisher Price about this one.... See what they have to say about it.
Wow! Weird!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
I hope they say they support marriage equality

OP, I agree with everyone I don't think it's that phrase. If I recall right there have been accounts of toys that have supposedly said something but it was either faulty or just hard to understand.

Snopes has a couple of stories:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dolltalk.asp

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/donald.asp
Old 08-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #30
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I hope they say they support marriage equality

OP, I agree with everyone I don't think it's that phrase. If I recall right there have been accounts of toys that have supposedly said something but it was either faulty or just hard to understand.

Snopes has a couple of stories:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dolltalk.asp

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/donald.asp
That site is not reliable at all. Every story on there basically says it's not true with no explanation other than "That's what you WANT to hear, if you think it says that you won't hear anything else" blah de blah.
Like these:
I've heard this one myself, and it's CLEARLY what's being said. They say it's false yet have no evidence to say it's something else.
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/aladdin.asp
And c'mon, this one speaks for itself..
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.asp

I don't see this as being any different. Just more subtle propaganda.