Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Spotting :(

It started this weekend as brownish discharge only when I wipe, I decided to rest and take it easy. Thought it was gone but today I took my son for a walk and it has turned pinkish/red, again only when I wipe, but it is freaking me out. I should be 10 weeks on Thursday and I have an OB appointment that day so I'm hoping I can get some answers. I am so sad and scared. Also my husband is TDY and I haven't told him because we lost our first baby while he was away also and I just don't want to put him through that again. I think I will tell him tonight just to let him know he might need to start making arraignments to get home if I need another D&C. ( thanks for listening.

Advertisement

jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Spotting :(

Oh Jen!!! I'm so sorry! I'll pray its just random spotting and your little one is fine. Keep us updated. I'm glad you have an appt soon.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

So sorry you are experiencing this. Praying it's nothing!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj7202
It started this weekend as brownish discharge only when I wipe, I decided to rest and take it easy. Thought it was gone but today I took my son for a walk and it has turned pinkish/red, again only when I wipe, but it is freaking me out. I should be 10 weeks on Thursday and I have an OB appointment that day so I'm hoping I can get some answers. I am so sad and scared. Also my husband is TDY and I haven't told him because we lost our first baby while he was away also and I just don't want to put him through that again. I think I will tell him tonight just to let him know he might need to start making arraignments to get home if I need another D&C. ( thanks for listening.
According to my OB, prometrium can stop a miscarriage. I would call them today to see if they could get you in before Thursday. &

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Laurshar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Okay, first of all I'm ddc'ing here. If your husband is TDY, I'm assuming you are an army wife. See if your AMC (or closet tricare provider) has an SDEC (same day evaluation clinic). They can check your hormone levels and see what's up. It may just be stress on your body or normal pregnancy spotting, but you should get checked asap, if only to ease your mind. No reason to wait till your appt and stress yourself out further. Best of luck to you mama, hugs from afar, and I will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Lauren, mama to C & D, owner of Triquetra. Currently TTC baby #3! My ISO/IHA
Laurshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

((hugs)) mama, sending lots of sticky vibes your way!! Do try to rest as much as possible...I know that's not easy with LOs.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurshar
Okay, first of all I'm ddc'ing here. If your husband is TDY, I'm assuming you are an army wife. See if your AMC (or closet tricare provider) has an SDEC (same day evaluation clinic). They can check your hormone levels and see what's up. It may just be stress on your body or normal pregnancy spotting, but you should get checked asap, if only to ease your mind. No reason to wait till your appt and stress yourself out further. Best of luck to you mama, hugs from afar, and I will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Thank you for this info but we are in Germany and I am at an off base provider. They are different in how they handle early losses (had mt first loss here in 2009) here, so I am more inclined to wait the few days.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

According to my OB, prometrium can stop a miscarriage. I would call them today to see if they could get you in before Thursday. &
I'm in Germany, I'm not sure if that is a drug they use over here...
Old 03-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know they do progesterone in Germany (that's what prometrium is) I can look up the name of what it's called there if you want. My friend is also in Germany. I hope the spotting is nothing. mama.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyutalktome
I know they do progesterone in Germany (that's what prometrium is) I can look up the name of what it's called there if you want. My friend is also in Germany. I hope the spotting is nothing. mama.
Oh thanks! But at nearly 10 weeks wouldn't it be too late? I thought they usually start that as soon as the BFP??