Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can I join you ladies?

Hello mama's! I have been wanting to join but have been cautious due to a mc last may. I am currently 9.5 weeks. Due date Oct 5 th. I am a mostly sahm but am also an RN in OB working about 2-3 shifts a month.

We had our first OB appt today. He couldn't hear the heart beat ( I dont think he tried very hard) I'm not worried because when I was at work last wed I looked with our US and saw a fabulous strong heartbeat. Hoping that things are still going well in there and he just didn't try hard enough to hear it.

He also mentioned that I had a systolic murmur? Never had one before in my life and of course I'm the worlds biggest worry wart! Have any of you mamas had anything like that before? Any side effect or problems with your heart? I'm trying not to worry. He said it was nothing to worry about and that it probably comes and goes and wouldn't be an issue.

I'm excited tO be a part of an edd group! Oh and my name is Amanda! Lol should of said that before! If you know me in real life please keep this a secret as we haven't shared the news publicly yet thanks!

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Can I join you ladies?

Welcome! So glad to have you and congrats! 9.5 weeks is early to hear it on the doppler - My old doc said it's tough before 10 weeks and told me not to worry if they couldn't find it at 11, so I wouldn't worry. Especially if you can sneak a peek at work! I would be doing that ALL THE TIME!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Welcome! So glad to have you and congrats! 9.5 weeks is early to hear it on the doppler - My old doc said it's tough before 10 weeks and told me not to worry if they couldn't find it at 11, so I wouldn't worry. Especially if you can sneak a peek at work! I would be doing that ALL THE TIME!
Thanks mama!! Believe me, I have to restrain myself at work! With my DS I was working full time and looked WAY to much! Luckily he is fine but I won't be doing that this time I literally looked for less than a minute just so I could check for a heart beat! It was there and looked great! So I stopped.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome and Congrats!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Sheaholt
Registered Users
seller

Welcome! We have the same due date!
I second your doctor's opinion, Systolic murmurs are almost all benign, they can come and go. Especially with pregnancy d/t the increased blood flood. But you probably already know all that with being a RN. Just thought reassurance always helps.
Sheaholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome and congrats!!!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheaholt View Post
Welcome! We have the same due date!
I second your doctor's opinion, Systolic murmurs are almost all benign, they can come and go. Especially with pregnancy d/t the increased blood flood. But you probably already know all that with being a RN. Just thought reassurance always helps.
Thank you! Yes reassurance is great! My DH is an ER nurse so he has also reassured me but I'm still a big old worry wart! I can't help it. I have had much more anxiety with this pregnancy then I ever did with my last so it jut add's to it! Lol. Thanks for the kind words. It truly helps!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Welcome and congrats!!!
Thanks!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
palsmama