Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
greenmama52
Registered Users
seller

Going to try for a VBA2C

Looks like I'm joining you ladies! We were ntnp, and are now expecting our 3rd baby around Nov 7. Our girls will be 2 and 4 in May. Both of my previous labours ended in emergency c-sections for fetal distress which I think was largely due to positioning. One had her head wedged in sideways, and the other was sunny side up and not turning or budging. I have called all of the local midwives this time, and am hoping that one will be able to take me on. It can be very hard to get one here. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know a lot of people irl are going to think I'm crazy!

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Going to try for a VBA2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama52 View Post
Looks like I'm joining you ladies! We were ntnp, and are now expecting our 3rd baby around Nov 7. Our girls will be 2 and 4 in May. Both of my previous labours ended in emergency c-sections for fetal distress which I think was largely due to positioning. One had her head wedged in sideways, and the other was sunny side up and not turning or budging. I have called all of the local midwives this time, and am hoping that one will be able to take me on. It can be very hard to get one here. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know a lot of people irl are going to think I'm crazy!
HI! Welcome and congrats! My experience is almost identical!!! My ds will be 4 in June and my dd will be 2 in May. I had an emergency c-sec with ds due to fetal distress. I was induced with him and even though I was showing signs of labor I don't think my body was ready or that he was in position. During labor his heart rate was decelerating and was dangerously low. When his heart rate stopped recovering they rushed me in for an emergency c-section. My 2nd was scheduled after I was showing no signs of labor at 40 weeks. With my dd I wish I would have pushed harder for letting me go over but my doc was firm that if I had no signs of labor he wanted a repeat c. At 40 weeks I felt stuck. This time I am going to be the firm one that I want a VBA2C. If my OB is resistant I will be moving on.

Congrats again! Hope you have a HH9M and that we both have our VBA2C!!
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ddc
I just wanted to encourage you to fight for your vba2c!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
greenmama52
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! My dr last time (even though I hated him) was supportive of my VBAC, and I went 8 days over due before going into labour. I did get to fully dilated, but they only let me push about twice before saying they couldn't turn her or budge her, and she had to come out now! I am desperately hoping that it goes better this time!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pray you are able to find a midwife that you love and that respects your wish to have a VBA2C. Every mama should be able to try for the birth they want as long as they have done their research beforehand. I have had 2 c-sections and will have another with this baby, but still feel strongly in every women being able to make that decision for themselves as long as baby is safe.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
winodini
Registered Users

Congrats and I hope it all works out!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

welcome mama!!

I had an emergency c-sec with my first due to fetal distress and bad positioning. He was trying to descend sideways as well.

I was lucky to have amazing midwives support me through a hbac 21 months later, and another hbac 18m after that. We are going to try for our 3rd hbac in november.

believe in your body and know that you CAN do it!!

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome and Congratulations!!! I agree, fight for your VBAC! If I could go back in time knowing what I know now..(I know, I know hindsight is always 20/20) I would have done the vbac I was offered! I was young and naive though....now I have no choice...I second Elaine...trust your body and you CAN DO IT!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I had a VBA2C in 2010 and am going for another VBA2C this time. My first was upside down and backward. My second I had the repeat and she was breach as well. My third turned head down at 32 weeks and I fought hard for my hospital VBA2C. This time I think I've found a vbac friendly dr and am interviewing a vbac friendly midwife JIC I decide to go that route.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I forgot to say that I'm going to start seeing a Chiro right away and hopefully the webster technique will help this little one be able to be head down. I have a half a uterus so it makes it a lot harder for my little ones to have room to turn.