Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Btdt mamas of 3+ i need you!

Ive heard that once u get through becoming a family with 3 kids u can pretty much handle more. However ive heard the transition to 3 is hard for many.
Ive been struggling lately with doubts. I am so tired and worn out by the endless demands (and incessant nonstop talking of ds!!) of just the 2 kids I have along w/ trying to maintain the house (& oh yeah, being in school) How am I going to stretch even thinner for the 3rd?!
Sometime i think it is just that extra burden of being in school that puts me over the edge. But what if its not?
What is ur experience? Did you feel this way at all? How did you transition well ti being a mom of 3?

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Btdt mamas of 3+ i need you!

I have 5. From 3 on, they just fell into place. But 3 @ 3 years and under is a bit rough. Mostly time consuming.

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahavati
I have 5. From 3 on, they just fell into place. But 3 @ 3 years and under is a bit rough. Mostly time consuming.
Mine arent even close in age! Ds is 6 and dd will be 2 in May. They are 4 1/2 years apart!! BUT sometimes I think that makes it harder bc they dont have each other as playmates as much. And ds is a spirited smart and nonstop demanding of attention. I feel he will probably be more challenging than the 2 babies combined.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have three and when my youngest was born I had a 3.5 year old 1.5 year old and newborn. Honestly for me going from two to three was easier than one to two. Yes its a lot of work especially since they are all pretty young still and my oldest has special needs but you just kind of fall into a routine and it works out. Try not to stress.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavieau
I have three and when my youngest was born I had a 3.5 year old 1.5 year old and newborn. Honestly for me going from two to three was easier than one to two. Yes its a lot of work especially since they are all pretty young still and my oldest has special needs but you just kind of fall into a routine and it works out. Try not to stress.
Thanks. Maybe half the Problem is just hormones. I just feel like I totally suck lately. Dh doesnt help. He is such a negative person. So quick to point out everything I dont do without giving credit for what I do. (sigh)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Totally hormones... I have 3 and preggo with the 4th... I didn't have issues adding #3 at all.... right now I feel overstretched and overwhelmed and fustrated and exhausted and worried about adding #4 but I'm pretty sure its just the being this preggo and working full time still and I'm just tired and done...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My hardest transition was going from 3 to 4, however, it wasn't impossible and wasn't even close to impossible, just harder than I expected. However, my children are all "doorsteps" with age and still very young and needing me to do everything for them.

With that being said, God gives your more grace with the more children you have. He won't give you another child and not the ability to care for all of your children.

It's a growing process at first. You'll learn what works for your family and how to incorporate your new baby into the family groove!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingkristin
Totally hormones... I have 3 and preggo with the 4th... I didn't have issues adding #3 at all.... right now I feel overstretched and overwhelmed and fustrated and exhausted and worried about adding #4 but I'm pretty sure its just the being this preggo and working full time still and I'm just tired and done...
Thats exactly how I feel: tired and done. Thanks for the reassurance.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2
My hardest transition was going from 3 to 4, however, it wasn't impossible and wasn't even close to impossible, just harder than I expected. However, my children are all "doorsteps" with age and still very young and needing me to do everything for them.

With that being said, God gives your more grace with the more children you have. He won't give you another child and not the ability to care for all of your children.

It's a growing process at first. You'll learn what works for your family and how to incorporate your new baby into the family groove!
That is so true. Ty!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My hardest transition was going from 2 to 3 but DS was born when DD was only 13 months old and she was delayed so it was like having 2 babies. There were nights where all I did was cry, it was really hard. But it got easier every day and everything really did just fall into place. Going from 3 to 4 was a challenge too because all of my kids were a little older (youngest was 4) and we were in the swing of things and then bam! but again I really believe that eventually everything will fall into place and it does. I have days where I want to pull my hair out and run away but for the most part it just all works together really well. They get older, they help more and things just get a little easier. I have no idea what #5 is going to do to the mix but I have to believe that God won't give me anything I can't handle and I will be ok and so will my kids.

Last edited by Christina; 03-07-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote