Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

If there is only 1 little one in there I should be set...if I can avoid buying its another story

Advertisement

DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
tandiwe76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

Sounds like you have a plan - anyone have suggestions for someone wanting to only have organic fabrics touch baby, at least as a newborn?

Since I'm kinda set on this, I've been looking at Bummi's Organic Diaper starter kit which comes with 24 org PF and 6 Bummi's covers, and then mostly using homemade/secondhand wool covers and saving the plastic covers for occasional outings...any thoughts, has anyone tried this with a newborn?

Also, any suggestions on the best deals for going all organic/natural...I came across few used AIO wool jersey Loveybums and they feel wonderful, but so pricey to buy more new to fill out a stash...anyone wanting to sell LB's, (AIO's wool or any organics) especially NB/SM size?
tandiwe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

Well I think I am going to order some AIO's on Alva and SunBaby for this LO. I am going to give a list of things we need to my BFF because she insists on a baby shower but most stores around my family don't sell the things we are going to use. SO online it is! My grandmothers and mom are very excited to hear I am carrying on a tradition of cloth diapering. I am a little more educated in children now considering I have raised one for 3 years. So the first 2 years should be a breeze. Plus I have learned my lesson with disposable diapers... DD didn't take well to those or formula... so this little one will be CDed and BFed.. Can't wait can't wait!!!!

Plus they are so cheap on the websites! We are going to order accessories online but if the good lord brings us a little boy he may need some clothes! His big sister has some left but I don't believe they would be appropriate for him

Totally excited for this one!

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012

Last edited by clatchford2011; 03-11-2012 at 06:31 AM.
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandiwe76 View Post
Sounds like you have a plan - anyone have suggestions for someone wanting to only have organic fabrics touch baby, at least as a newborn?

Since I'm kinda set on this, I've been looking at Bummi's Organic Diaper starter kit which comes with 24 org PF and 6 Bummi's covers, and then mostly using homemade/secondhand wool covers and saving the plastic covers for occasional outings...any thoughts, has anyone tried this with a newborn?

Also, any suggestions on the best deals for going all organic/natural...I came across few used AIO wool jersey Loveybums and they feel wonderful, but so pricey to buy more new to fill out a stash...anyone wanting to sell LB's, (AIO's wool or any organics) especially NB/SM size?
There are a lot of options for organic prefolds and fitteds, if you want to use those under woolies. Kissaluvs, Osocozy, Under the Nile, Growing Greens, Firefly... I know there are more, but those are the brands on the tip of my tongue .

Personally, I would rather use fitteds under wool than prefolds. Maybe it's just my poor coordination, but I never could get prefolds to really hold in the runny EBF newborn baby poo . So it always got on the covers or soakers... fitteds held everything in better for us, keeping the covers clean.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clatchford2011 View Post
Well I think I am going to order some AIO's on Alva and SunBaby for this LO. I am going to give a list of things we need to my BFF because she insists on a baby shower but most stores around my family don't sell the things we are going to use. SO online it is! My grandmothers and mom are very excited to hear I am carrying on a tradition of cloth diapering. I am a little more educated in children now considering I have raised one for 3 years. So the first 2 years should be a breeze. Plus I have learned my lesson with disposable diapers... DD didn't take well to those or formula... so this little one will be CDed and BFed.. Can't wait can't wait!!!!

Plus they are so cheap on the websites! We are going to order accessories online but if the good lord brings us a little boy he may need some clothes! His big sister has some left but I don't believe they would be appropriate for him

Totally excited for this one!
If you want Alvas, you should join the co-op and swap pages on Facebook! You can get them super cheap!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #26
winodini
Registered Users

ummm. I found the mutts (and caved and ordered some, soo pretty!), I also got some other hyena ones (star wars, my SO will be soo tickled to see that!)

I know for he most part AIO's are going to be the best way for him to stick with the cloth, but I'm going to sprinkle some fitteds for him to work with too. Just not sure what to lean towards.

I did purchase some green line covers and flats from someone locally on CL yesterday too. They seem pretty nifty as well.

So we have a start at least! I can't wait to find out what we are having so I can get some gender specific items!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #27
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
If you want Alvas, you should join the co-op and swap pages on Facebook! You can get them super cheap!
They are even cheaper there??? I have seen packages where you can get 20 for 40 bucks! WOW! what is the link?

If I can find some monkey ones I will flip!

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

In coop the prices I have seen and it of course various on the minimums

3.10 for newborn with 1 insert
2.50 for os solids no insert
3.xx for os prints no insert
4.xx for bamboo no insert
1.20 for bamboo inserts
.80 microfiber

the 20 for 40 price on the website is the bamboo insertsm the diapers run about 6.00 each on the site and the newborn is not availible on the website
Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
winodini
Registered Users

Can you link me to the coop?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I know they plan to do one on DS in the near future, and there are various groups on facebook that run coops.

Little miss sunshine will be opening newborn diapers in a few weeks. You have to request to join on facebook.