Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
Colleen+1's Avatar
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 876
If there is only 1 little one in there I should be set...if I can avoid buying its another story

Advertisement

__________________
______________________________________________
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!
______________________________________________

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
tandiwe76's Avatar
tandiwe76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 141
My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

Sounds like you have a plan - anyone have suggestions for someone wanting to only have organic fabrics touch baby, at least as a newborn?

Since I'm kinda set on this, I've been looking at Bummi's Organic Diaper starter kit which comes with 24 org PF and 6 Bummi's covers, and then mostly using homemade/secondhand wool covers and saving the plastic covers for occasional outings...any thoughts, has anyone tried this with a newborn?

Also, any suggestions on the best deals for going all organic/natural...I came across few used AIO wool jersey Loveybums and they feel wonderful, but so pricey to buy more new to fill out a stash...anyone wanting to sell LB's, (AIO's wool or any organics) especially NB/SM size?
tandiwe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
clatchford2011's Avatar
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Copperas Cove, TX
Posts: 1,543
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

Well I think I am going to order some AIO's on Alva and SunBaby for this LO. I am going to give a list of things we need to my BFF because she insists on a baby shower but most stores around my family don't sell the things we are going to use. SO online it is! My grandmothers and mom are very excited to hear I am carrying on a tradition of cloth diapering. I am a little more educated in children now considering I have raised one for 3 years. So the first 2 years should be a breeze. Plus I have learned my lesson with disposable diapers... DD didn't take well to those or formula... so this little one will be CDed and BFed.. Can't wait can't wait!!!!

Plus they are so cheap on the websites! We are going to order accessories online but if the good lord brings us a little boy he may need some clothes! His big sister has some left but I don't believe they would be appropriate for him

Totally excited for this one!
__________________

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012

Last edited by clatchford2011; 03-11-2012 at 06:31 AM.
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
AnimalHouse's Avatar
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,426
My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandiwe76 View Post
Sounds like you have a plan - anyone have suggestions for someone wanting to only have organic fabrics touch baby, at least as a newborn?

Since I'm kinda set on this, I've been looking at Bummi's Organic Diaper starter kit which comes with 24 org PF and 6 Bummi's covers, and then mostly using homemade/secondhand wool covers and saving the plastic covers for occasional outings...any thoughts, has anyone tried this with a newborn?

Also, any suggestions on the best deals for going all organic/natural...I came across few used AIO wool jersey Loveybums and they feel wonderful, but so pricey to buy more new to fill out a stash...anyone wanting to sell LB's, (AIO's wool or any organics) especially NB/SM size?
There are a lot of options for organic prefolds and fitteds, if you want to use those under woolies. Kissaluvs, Osocozy, Under the Nile, Growing Greens, Firefly... I know there are more, but those are the brands on the tip of my tongue .

Personally, I would rather use fitteds under wool than prefolds. Maybe it's just my poor coordination, but I never could get prefolds to really hold in the runny EBF newborn baby poo . So it always got on the covers or soakers... fitteds held everything in better for us, keeping the covers clean.
__________________
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
AnimalHouse's Avatar
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,426
My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clatchford2011 View Post
Well I think I am going to order some AIO's on Alva and SunBaby for this LO. I am going to give a list of things we need to my BFF because she insists on a baby shower but most stores around my family don't sell the things we are going to use. SO online it is! My grandmothers and mom are very excited to hear I am carrying on a tradition of cloth diapering. I am a little more educated in children now considering I have raised one for 3 years. So the first 2 years should be a breeze. Plus I have learned my lesson with disposable diapers... DD didn't take well to those or formula... so this little one will be CDed and BFed.. Can't wait can't wait!!!!

Plus they are so cheap on the websites! We are going to order accessories online but if the good lord brings us a little boy he may need some clothes! His big sister has some left but I don't believe they would be appropriate for him

Totally excited for this one!
If you want Alvas, you should join the co-op and swap pages on Facebook! You can get them super cheap!
__________________
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #26
winodini's Avatar
winodini
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 248
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

ummm. I found the mutts (and caved and ordered some, soo pretty!), I also got some other hyena ones (star wars, my SO will be soo tickled to see that!)

I know for he most part AIO's are going to be the best way for him to stick with the cloth, but I'm going to sprinkle some fitteds for him to work with too. Just not sure what to lean towards.

I did purchase some green line covers and flats from someone locally on CL yesterday too. They seem pretty nifty as well.

So we have a start at least! I can't wait to find out what we are having so I can get some gender specific items!
__________________
melissa: queen bee in a house of men.
winodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #27
clatchford2011's Avatar
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Copperas Cove, TX
Posts: 1,543
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
If you want Alvas, you should join the co-op and swap pages on Facebook! You can get them super cheap!
They are even cheaper there??? I have seen packages where you can get 20 for 40 bucks! WOW! what is the link?

If I can find some monkey ones I will flip!
__________________

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
2+2macht4's Avatar
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Posts: 15,567
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

In coop the prices I have seen and it of course various on the minimums

3.10 for newborn with 1 insert
2.50 for os solids no insert
3.xx for os prints no insert
4.xx for bamboo no insert
1.20 for bamboo inserts
.80 microfiber

the 20 for 40 price on the website is the bamboo insertsm the diapers run about 6.00 each on the site and the newborn is not availible on the website
__________________
Rena , Married to my German BFF T . Mom to 2 energizer bunnies L (12/2010) and E (10/2012). Come play with me: ISO/IHA, M2M,
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
winodini's Avatar
winodini
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 248
Can you link me to the coop?
__________________
melissa: queen bee in a house of men.
winodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
2+2macht4's Avatar
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Posts: 15,567
Re: Anyone planning your diapers for next baby?

I know they plan to do one on DS in the near future, and there are various groups on facebook that run coops.

Little miss sunshine will be opening newborn diapers in a few weeks. You have to request to join on facebook.
__________________
Rena , Married to my German BFF T . Mom to 2 energizer bunnies L (12/2010) and E (10/2012). Come play with me: ISO/IHA, M2M,
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.