Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help with shoes for pregnant feet and travel?

Hi, ladies. So, I have to spend two weeks in Paris this summer. I'll be about 27 weeks when it is time to go. I've already started collecting comfortable clothes for the trip, but I'm a little stumped about shoes. I've been to Paris before, but it was in the Fall and I had an awesome pair of boots (stuffed with a dr. scholls cushy gel thing) I just wore with everything. Obviously, I'll need to pack light so I'd love to get by with one or two pair of shoes at MOST. I'll be wearing lots of dresses/skirts but also have some light capris and so forth, too. I won't be walking the miles and miles and miles we walked when we were there before, because I'll be a whale comparatively, but the walk from the hotel to the university is at least ten minutes and so I'll be doing that several days, plus we will have scheduled trips out to Versailles and so forth.

So, anyway. The point is... I need recs for comfy shoes! I usually do sandals and flip flops all summer, but I can't imagine that anything I have is comfortable enough for all this walking.

Help?

M

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with shoes for pregnant feet and travel?

Soft star shoes. I have several pair of the runamoc and the light version. They are awesome and I think weigh 5-6oz a pair.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, I'll check 'em out. Anyone else?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
cowboysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Check out www.crocs.com, that is all I wore while pregnant in the summer. Super comfy & ultra light weight. They are not just clogs anymore.
cowboysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
mkekaty
Registered Users
seller

I love my keen sandals. They have lots of support!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Birkenstocks saved my life when I was preggo! I had two stress fractures and so much swelling my doctor was considering bed rest, but the Birkenstocks helped SO much. Anytime my feet feel a little stressed, I break out the Birks. They're really adjustable for pregnancy size changes, too.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my Teva sandals because they're still sandals but have support depending on which ones you get

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love my Chaco sandals. They're supportive and great for travel. The straps are fully adjustable in case your feet happen to swell. I would recommend, of course, that no matter what shoes you get, break them in before your trip! Chacos will last for years.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fit Flops or the Danskin brand are comfy and padded.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellelg
Hi, ladies. So, I have to spend two weeks in Paris this summer. I'll be about 27 weeks when it is time to go. I've already started collecting comfortable clothes for the trip, but I'm a little stumped about shoes. I've been to Paris before, but it was in the Fall and I had an awesome pair of boots (stuffed with a dr. scholls cushy gel thing) I just wore with everything. Obviously, I'll need to pack light so I'd love to get by with one or two pair of shoes at MOST. I'll be wearing lots of dresses/skirts but also have some light capris and so forth, too. I won't be walking the miles and miles and miles we walked when we were there before, because I'll be a whale comparatively, but the walk from the hotel to the university is at least ten minutes and so I'll be doing that several days, plus we will have scheduled trips out to Versailles and so forth.

So, anyway. The point is... I need recs for comfy shoes! I usually do sandals and flip flops all summer, but I can't imagine that anything I have is comfortable enough for all this walking.

Help?

M
I love how you say "I have to spend two weeks in Paris" lol kinda makes it seem like a chore. Hahaha anyway I would go with flip flops (I live in them all the time not just when preggo).