Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: FSOT Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceray7 View Post
Here are a few things that make me cringe in FSOT:

3) When a buyer asks "Would you take X amount?" within my thread. Offers are appreciated, but only in PM.

What are some of YOUR pet peeves either as a seller or as a buyer in FSOT?
This is my number one gripe! I had it happen to me once and I responded quite rudely and other Momma's backed me up. They weren't overpriced... the poster thought I was selling something else. I hate when people call out prices... why not PM?

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I prefer pictures that show up in the post, not pictures I have to click on.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy
When I was new, I only got on DS on my phone app, where you just hit the "plus" symbol & it lets you attach a picture...or so I thought! It showed up as in in-post picture on my ipod but imagine my surprise when I finally went on my computer & saw links in my post, not pictures! UGH, haha!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Jessimee
Registered Users
Formerly: mama2sandk
seller

I think any comment about the price, either in the thread or in a PM is uncalled for. If you don't like it, either make an offer (in a PM, of course) or move on. That said, I do still get annoyed at seeing things way over-priced. Mostly, I find this in the wool category. I use a lot of wool, and yes, it's expensive new. But it bugs me when people try to sell dingy, stained woolies for almost the price of new--and people buy them! Or matching t-shirts for $10 or $12. Really? A used t-shirt? Anyhow, sorry. Rant over.... Bottom line, I don't like it, but I would never say anything to the poster. No matter what the price, there's probably someone out there who wants it bad enough. Used diapers sell for $90 on ebay for Pete's sake. Ok, now rant really over...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceray7 View Post
Here are a few things that make me cringe in FSOT:

1) No pictures...why?! Also, pictures of the outside of the diapers but not the insides.

2) When someone calls out another mama for her prices in her thread...why can't they just send a PM or report it to DS if it's way out of orbit?

3) When a buyer asks "Would you take X amount?" within my thread. Offers are appreciated, but only in PM.

What are some of YOUR pet peeves either as a seller or as a buyer in FSOT?
all of these, also the not updating the title and not responding to PMs. if i am looking to buy something or selling something, i check everyday or at least every other day. when people drop off the face of the earth it makes me think they aren't really interested.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2sandk
I think any comment about the price, either in the thread or in a PM is uncalled for. If you don't like it, either make an offer (in a PM, of course) or move on. That said, I do still get annoyed at seeing things way over-priced. Mostly, I find this in the wool category. I use a lot of wool, and yes, it's expensive new. But it bugs me when people try to sell dingy, stained woolies for almost the price of new--and people buy them! Or matching t-shirts for $10 or $12. Really? A used t-shirt? Anyhow, sorry. Rant over.... Bottom line, I don't like it, but I would never say anything to the poster. No matter what the price, there's probably someone out there who wants it bad enough. Used diapers sell for $90 on ebay for Pete's sake. Ok, now rant really over...
I've noticed this with mama cloth. New, I get, but anything worn I just don't get asking nearly retail. But, hey, if it sells, more power to them! I would never say anything to the poster either & certainly not in their thread.

Last edited by MadeofStarStuff; 03-09-2012 at 10:04 AM.
MadeofStarStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
I can't figure out how to do that! It only lets me attach them, so you can see them, but they are small....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

I can't figure out how to do that! It only lets me attach them, so you can see them, but they are small....
If you use a photo storage site like photobucket, they provide the IMG code you need to copy/paste into your DS post.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Or, you can use the image uploader on this site, it pops up in a seperate window, so you can just copy the code from that window to the one you're selling in.

It is such a pain to post pictures on this site.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf

This is hard sometimes if you use your phone to list. Mine doesnt allow for advanced editing options. I also dont have access to a pc all the time.
Yes, this. If people use the DS app, they can't change titles only the contents of posts.
Not everyone has easy access to a computer. I'm disabled & most often on my phone since it's often physically difficult to get to our desk top computer (we don't have a laptop). I try to make a point to put SOLD at the top of the page so when people hover while on their computer, that will show. But I know if they are on their phone, too, it won't help. I'm sorry

My pet peeves, I don't mind a reasonable offer but sometimes the offers are not reasonable. Like if my asking price is $25, they'll offer $12.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote