Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #21
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: FSOT Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
Yes, this. If people use the DS app, they can't change titles only the contents of posts.
Not everyone has easy access to a computer. I'm disabled & most often on my phone since it's often physically difficult to get to our desk top computer (we don't have a laptop). I try to make a point to put SOLD at the top of the page so when people hover while on their computer, that will show. But I know if they are on their phone, too, it won't help. I'm sorry

My pet peeves, I don't mind a reasonable offer but sometimes the offers are not reasonable. Like if my asking price is $25, they'll offer $12.
Wow! That is such a lowball offer. I would be embarrassed to make it. I usually only offer $2 less if I feel it's warranted; anything that I would have to offer less than that to be comfortable with, I just pass over.

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #22
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Pretty much everything already said. I really dislike people trying to sell stuff only a couple dollars less then new. I have most of my stuff listed around half or less of the new cost all in VGUC or EUC & no one is interested. I am kinda like wtf?
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #23
Wholemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
People who don't respond to PM's. I always PM, but sometimes have to send 2-3 PM's, never hear anything, then see something marked as sold 3 days later.

Saying you are ISO something, then not responding to PM's. Or responding in the thread you have something someone is ISO, then not responding to PM's.

Asking for additional pictures, then disappearing. At least tell me your not interested.
This! I respond to every PM. I wont be offended if you're not interested just don't leave me hanging.
Wholemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #24
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The pictures get me! I really want to see what the stuff looks like and I don't want to work for it. If you sell, SELL IT by making it easy for the buyer. That is what I did in my FSOT posts. They are always pic heavy (the 2 or 3 I've posted so far) because it makes it very easy for people to look and decide without trouble. In a competitive market it gives you the edge, so why won't you do all you can to sell your stuff.
vatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #25
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Most of my biggest peeves relate to certain aspects of the system design of DS:

1) cannot search for words 3-letters or length in length or with embedded apostophes (i understand why this is necessary but still, SUCH AN INCONVENIENCE!)). Can never search for k'tan for instance
2) really wish there was a way to post in the ISO/IHA so that you can search for something in people's ISO's separately from one's IHAs. If I'm searching for people who are ISO something, I have to wade through a zillion posts of people who are IHA that item, and vice versa
3) wish I could just attach pictures from my computer to get them embedded in listings instead of uploading/linking, such a hassle (again, I understand why, but ...!!)
4) I could go on!
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #26
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i hate when i post in the ISO for a specific diaper in a specific color or print, like say a charlie banana in orbit print and they post saying, i have a fuzzibunz in apple green. all i can do is write, that's not at all what i was looking for, but thanks.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

1. When people misspell the brand of whatever they're selling (ie: Fuzzibunz becomes Fuzzy Buns). Is it really that hard to look at the tag and see the proper spelling?!

2. When people mislabel the type of diaper (ie: calling a pocket an AIO, etc). That mainly happens on eBay, but I've seen it a few times on here, and it drives me insane.

3. No pictures in the ad. Or a link to a photobucket with a million pictures in no specific order. And bad pictures. That's annoying, too.

4. Calling people out on their prices within the thread. I've seen this a million times lately, and it's so frustrating! It makes me want to PM the mama a link to DS rules, even if it's not my thread .

5. Not listing size or colors (ie: GN/boyish/girly, not exact colors) in title. Specific titles are the best!

I think that's it... I have a lot of FSOT pet peeves .
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #28
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post

2. When people mislabel the type of diaper (ie: calling a pocket an AIO, etc). That mainly happens on eBay, but I've seen it a few times on here, and it drives me insane.
oh THIS! it makes me not even want to buy from them, don't know if i'll be getting what i think i'm getting. i've talked to a mama about a grovia AIO for like 3 days, and it turns out it was an AI2, those are 2 very different diapers!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse
1. When people misspell the brand of whatever they're selling (ie: Fuzzibunz becomes Fuzzy Buns). Is it really that hard to look at the tag and see the proper spelling?!

3. No pictures in the ad. Or a link to a photobucket with a million pictures in no specific order. And bad pictures. That's annoying, too.

4. Calling people out on their prices within the thread. I've seen this a million times lately, and it's so frustrating! It makes me want to PM the mama a link to DS rules, even if it's not my thread .

5. Not listing size or colors (ie: GN/boyish/girly, not exact colors) in title. Specific titles are the best!

I think that's it... I have a lot of FSOT pet peeves .
All of that! My personal "favorite" misspelling is "bumgenious". Lol
Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #30
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I havent called anyone out on price because I thought it was to much for me but i have. Mentioned to a couple of moms that were asking why so many people looked but didnt buy.... That they are pricing only a dollar or two less then retail.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote