Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99

oh THIS! it makes me not even want to buy from them, don't know if i'll be getting what i think i'm getting. i've talked to a mama about a grovia AIO for like 3 days, and it turns out it was an AI2, those are 2 very different diapers!!
Ouch. That IS a big difference!

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #32
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse

3. No pictures in the ad. Or a link to a photobucket with a million pictures in no specific order. And bad pictures. That's annoying, too.
The photobucket thing is really cumbersome. I know it takes some time if you are listing a lot of diapers, but I agree with a PP about making it easy for the buyer. The burden of effort & work falls on the seller, in my opinion. If someone MUST do the photobucket thing, at the very least make sure they are in order of your listing.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #33
A.Fred
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: FSOT Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2sandk View Post
Or matching t-shirts for $10 or $12. Really? A used t-shirt?
I do somewhat see your point..but if it's a WAHM made tshirt..those are normally like $20-25 new..so I would think $10-12 for an EUC shirt (no rips or stains etc...) would be fair..right? Maybe I'm wrong.

Petpeeves? I can't stand the no pictures things. And I rarely click on a link that has little description in the title. I wanna know if it's boyish/GN/or girly and what size..AT least lol.
A.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceray7 View Post
The photobucket thing is really cumbersome. I know it takes some time if you are listing a lot of diapers, but I agree with a PP about making it easy for the buyer. The burden of effort & work falls on the seller, in my opinion. If someone MUST do the photobucket thing, at the very least make sure they are in order of your listing.
And make sure the pictures have titles. I can't count how many links to PB I've followed from FSOT threads, only to find a million random pictures... none of which have titles or descriptions, so I can't tell which picture matches which listing.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #35
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I sell locally, but subbing in case I plan on selling on DS
I do browse FSOT occasionally, and if it's a great deal I do plan on buying, but to me alot of it is overpriced. I could never buy a used dipe for close to retail. When I sell mine, I like to take around 50% off, or somewhere around there, and it always gets sold quickly. I know I could make a few dollars, but I like being able to sell it and get rid of it. I guess that's why I won't spend much for used either.
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #36
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceray7 View Post
Ouch. That IS a big difference!
yes it is, and the only way i found out was when i asked for pictures, if i wouldn't have asked i would have been very POed.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
And make sure the pictures have titles. I can't count how many links to PB I've followed from FSOT threads, only to find a million random pictures... none of which have titles or descriptions, so I can't tell which picture matches which listing.
This. This is infuriating. I've come across this so many times while searching for clothes for myself on here, and a bit while searching for diapers, as well.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #38
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99

yes it is, and the only way i found out was when i asked for pictures, if i wouldn't have asked i would have been very POed.
Thank goodness you asked! I have a policy where I will not buy any item without pictures. Even if it says "NIP", I want to see what I am buying.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
~MamaMayhem~
Registered Users
Formerly: azmansmom
seller

My Mood:
Anyone ever encountered the thread where the mama has something for sale...and then changes her mind about selling it? I hit that with the same woman on a couple different diapers she had (which were all only like 1.00 below retail anyway) we would pm back and forth and then shes like "Oh, we'll I think I might wait a while. I really like these." right when it came down to paying. The second time it happened I decided I will never even look at her listings now because it was so frustrating.
The photobucket things annoys me too
Listing a diaper but not saying what size
I honestly am more comfortable with a description than a picture. Photoshop does lovely things

Almost all typos provided care of my iPhones stupid auto correct
Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #40
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmansmom
Anyone ever encountered the thread where the mama has something for sale...and then changes her mind about selling it? I hit that with the same woman on a couple different diapers she had (which were all only like 1.00 below retail anyway) we would pm back and forth and then shes like "Oh, we'll I think I might wait a while. I really like these." right when it came down to paying. The second time it happened I decided I will never even look at her listings now because it was so frustrating.
The photobucket things annoys me too
Listing a diaper but not saying what size
I honestly am more comfortable with a description than a picture. Photoshop does lovely things

Almost all typos provided care of my iPhones stupid auto correct
I just posted something on FSOT yesterday, and then decided to keep it . But it had only been listed a couple hours, and no one had PM'ed or posted interest, so I erased the info and changed the title to "delete."

As for the last one, I want descriptions and pictures. People can lie in descriptions easily, but it's pretty hard to make a crappy diaper look EUC, even with photoshop.