Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I fell yesterday and now I'm crampy

Yesterday I fell running till force trying to get Ds before he got to the street. I was so freaked out I don't remember how I fell. Or if I fell directly on my stomach. I went to the er last night and they did a hb check for 5 seconds and sent me on my way. The cramping starting getting worse when I left. I went home and laid down and it started to get better. Today I came to work and im still feeling the cramping. I called my midwife and she didn't seemed to concerned. She said take it easy and drink a lot of water. Is this something that should be so easily dismissed? It's pretty painful. At times I can't focus if I'm talking.

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I fell yesterday and now I'm crampy

I got knocked flat on my back. a couple big dogs hit me from behind at 6 months preggo with DS1. I freaked out, called my OB and they were not that concerned. Bascially said the samething your MW said. I would probably take it easy and if it doesn't go away then call back or head to the ER.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I fell on my stamach in the first tri with dd, though I didn't call my mw. We were on a walk with the dog and kids so I just kept going and then rested the rest of the day, after we got home.

Although, if you are not comfortable with how you are feeling and are still crampy after resting, I would absolutely call your mw back and tell her you would like to be seen. Piece of mind is priceless when your pregnant.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How scary - especially your little guy running toward the road!!!! I've done quite a bit of reading this pregnancy, and I read somewhere that even a pretty good fall right on your stomach shouldn't do much, if any, harm. Apparently the bag of waters is really tough, and the amniotic fluid acts as another layer of protection. Of course I'm no doctor, but just do your best to relax - maybe that will help with the cramps. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
How scary - especially your little guy running toward the road!!!! I've done quite a bit of reading this pregnancy, and I read somewhere that even a pretty good fall right on your stomach shouldn't do much, if any, harm. Apparently the bag of waters is really tough, and the amniotic fluid acts as another layer of protection. Of course I'm no doctor, but just do your best to relax - maybe that will help with the cramps. Hope you feel better soon.
yeah that...i was in a car accident when 7m prego with DD and they basically said that only punctures or severed hits (like, blunt force with an object) would do any damage b/c the sac is like a huge cushion, but to watch for any leaking fluid over the next 24 hours.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not so much worried about the baby as I am with ptl.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
Aydinsmom
Registered Users
seller

I just went to L&D yesterday because I had been having cramping for 3 days off and on. I called my dr and she said since it had been happening that long and I have a history of ptl labor, I should come in. I was only having mild cramping at the time and it cleared up when I got the IV. I guess I was dehydrated because since then I have had no cramping. I thought I was drinking enough water but apparently not. But my dr said that if it had only been going on a day she probably would have told me to lie down and drink lots of water.

So I would say if I continues don't hesitate to call but really drink a lot of water either way. If you have a history of ptl I would definitely call back. And if you are worried, call. I spent too many hours worrying about ptl before I called and it was a relief to know what was causing it.

How many weeks are you?
Aydinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 26 weeks. I haven't had any issues with ptl but from what I understand a fall can cause it. I'm going to try and rest tonight and hopefully its better tomorrow. I was ok for a few hours and now again its getting worse.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
I'm 26 weeks. I haven't had any issues with ptl but from what I understand a fall can cause it. I'm going to try and rest tonight and hopefully its better tomorrow. I was ok for a few hours and now again its getting worse.
I have no idea what a fall can't or can cause. BUT, what concerns me is that you're saying it's getting worse. I would, at the least, be drinking lots to help rule out dehydration as someone else mentioned and calling my care provider again. My thoughts- better safe than sorry
eta: just reread your first post. If its so painful you can't focus absolutely I would want to be checked out again!

Last edited by jes750; 03-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.
jes750 is offline   Reply With Quote