Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #21
minneapolisite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: To The Poor Mama At University Park Mall Today

I think that most mamas who use cloth are surprised to find another mama who does. I thought I was the "weirdo" but I recently got a random Facebook message from a sorority sister who was super excited to see a SoftBums diaper on my son!

Advertisement

At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #22
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

I was pleasantly surprised when I attended a friends baby shower and her mom handed me the baby for some snuggles and as soon as I put my hand on the baby's bum, I was like "hey, cloth diapers!". I left it at that...didn't want to look too weird!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #23
b bright
Registered Users
seller

I wish I could run into some mamas like that! Why is it that there are none here?! there was he girl I know who tried them on her new son but i don't think she has stuck with it...

I did though, buy a sweet slings mei tai off of fsot and wear it to Walmart yesterday and people ALL around me kept pointing and staring and liking about me behind my back. Not in a bad way but more like, "aww how cute" and "how interesting" and stuff like that. The ladies at the pharmacy were talking abut it to me though. One was talking about hers but she said it was one that you wear on the front...I'm assuming it was a snugli or something...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lol! I've never run in to another CDing mama in person, I would be so surprised!

november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #25
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:

I something similar at church this last Sunday. Not only was I excited that she used CD- I also gave her 7 pockets that were in the car as emergency diapers because I didn't like them anymore. They were good diapers but DH won't use snaps and I refuse to let him use that as an excuse not to change diapers- so we use mostly touch tape She seemed kinda taken back that I would just hand over 7 cute diapers. Although she wasn't exactly a stranger- DH often talked to her when he did nursery duty with YDD for Jan. and Feb. Oh- BTW those weren't my only spares I just didn't think I needed that many diapers in my van
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend who used cloth for her son that was born a year before me. She had a simple stash of 18 bum genius diapers. A year later when I had dd... I had the same number.. but then I found diaperswappers. Now I'm the crazy diaper lady.. she went to sposies when he turned two because he kept peeing through them and I said something along the lines of "Oh you don't have to stop.. you just need a more absorbent insert.. try hemp... or X, Y,Z" and I got a dirty look and was told they were okay with not using them anymore. I haven't talked diapers with her since. A friend from HS that I have on facebook just had a new baby and she has decided to use cloth as well and she just sent me a message asking a bunch of wash questions. I was SOOOO excited!

We have four local natural parenting stores that sell cloth aside from mother ease, you would really think I'd run into more people doing it. It's sad that not more do. I'm sure my FB is blocked by a ton of people because I'm always entering giveaways and sharing etc. but how can I not? I get SOOO excited when I see anyone doing anything CD related, baby carrying, extended breast feeding.. or well... breast feeding at all seems like a rarity around here.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

LOL! You ladies crack me up! I'd love to be "spotted" by one of you at the store!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i love going to our LLL meetings just to see all teh other fluffy butts!! most of us CD and i lvoe getting together after the meetings and talking abotu fluff!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we had a woman come up to us at the mall & ask if DS's longies were the Evie Pants pattern b/c she said she had just finished knitting her 1st pair. I said YUP, but then when I asked if she cd's she just said a quick yes then walked away. I have to say I was a little bummed. I was looking forward to chatting w/ another woolie loving mama.