Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Registered Users
Cool Potty training emotions

Who knew potty training could be so tiring and emotional? My nearly 3yo DD has been potty training these past two weeks. She had interest months ago, but also had constipation issues, and there was a new baby in the house, so we didn't push for full training.
She is doing VERY well (most days) with the potty, and is not constipated. However, she is now very clingy with me. I am a SAHM, and sometimes need "me" time. She screamed when I tried to take her to the gym daycare. She even screams for me when my DH tries to put her to bed. Last night both kids were up at 3:30am. I had to nurse the baby, but DD kept screaming for me, and wouldn't let DH console her.
Is this just potty training emotions, or emotions of a 3yo??

indigo152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Potty training emotions

Since my 3 yo does this and is not potty trained quite yet, I'd say its being a 3yo. But with any new changes it may take a while to adjust to having more responsibility and not being a 'baby' anymore. I need to start really doing full time training with my son, but just have not had the energy this entire pregnancy, when I do have energy its for doing chores! I k now what you mean about wanting some me time, it seems he is always wanting attention.
SAHM to Josiah 4, Adlai 8 mo
janelle525 is offline   Reply With Quote