Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weekend chatter 3/10-3/11

So what's everyone's plans for the weekend? Today my oldest has a dance showcase, then it's dinner with the whole fam (I think DH wants to spill the beans to his parents and siblings), then tomorrow my middle daughter has a soccer game... so fairly quite weekend here

Don't forget to update the DDC Calendar

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Right now I am on the couch watching Netflix. Some of our friends want to hang out & I'm hoping to go to the movies sometime this weekend. Tomorrow going walking with a friend and pups. Oh can't forget the cleaning list I have. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekend chatter 3/10-3/11

Sheena, let us know what the family's reaction is.
Oh, and in answer to your question, we will plant tomatoes, zucchini, squash, green beans, peas, calendula, nastursiam, eggplant, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, lavendar, sweetpeas, ........oh, I'm forgetting some now. Oh, watermelons, pumpkins, and gourds. There's more. I forget it all. Basically, this bed will double our planting capacity. Ok, been laying in bed all morning. Its 10 am here and I must go eat. I swear this baby is growing like a weed. I'll try to get my DH to take a pic of my baby bump today since it was pointed out that the flub I have above my uterus is considered a baby bump since it pooched out due to my uterus growing bigger and pushing it up. I swear every day I get further away from my 8 week mark, I feel so much more confident in this preg and I've even come to look forward to my u/s on wednesday and am counting down the days!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
apo_katie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm feeling extra barfy lately. I bought the sea bands things and it is helping a little with the nausea. I swear I was NEVER this sick with my daughter. I haven't been eating a whole lot because of how I feel, but I am drinking things (milk, juice, water, gatorade) to stay hydrated. And I work full time on top of it. Guh. I'm going to call my OB on Monday and see what she recommends. But at my last visit, she said morning sickness was the sign of a healthy pregnancy.

I have to go to motherhood maternity today and get some early pregnancy pants. I also need to go to Soma Intimates and get some new undies and bras. I used to wear a higher cut brief under my work pants because it looked the most flattering, but I have to find some under belly undies because ANYTHING on my tummy right now makes me barfy. The joys of pregnancy, eh?

Semi-crunchy, vax-ing, organic-eating with a corn intolerance, home-brewing, , ,
apo_katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Sheena, let us know what the family's reaction is.
Oh, and in answer to your question, we will plant tomatoes, zucchini, squash, green beans, peas, calendula, nastursiam, eggplant, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, lavendar, sweetpeas, ........oh, I'm forgetting some now. Oh, watermelons, pumpkins, and gourds. There's more. I forget it all. Basically, this bed will double our planting capacity. Ok, been laying in bed all morning. Its 10 am here and I must go eat. I swear this baby is growing like a weed. I'll try to get my DH to take a pic of my baby bump today since it was pointed out that the flub I have above my uterus is considered a baby bump since it pooched out due to my uterus growing bigger and pushing it up. I swear every day I get further away from my 8 week mark, I feel so much more confident in this preg and I've even come to look forward to my u/s on wednesday and am counting down the days!
We did cucumber one year and it was horrible. The plant shot out these like evil killer tendrils that would wrap around any plant within reach. And the amount of yellow jackets it attracted was INSANE. Bees, I'm okay with. Yellow jackets, not so much. There were so many of them that I ended up having to do all my gardening at night! Do you have that issue? I liked having cucumber...

Yey! to pics of the bump!!! And double yey! to feeling a bit more secure with your pregnancy! Bring on Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo_katie View Post
I'm feeling extra barfy lately. I bought the sea bands things and it is helping a little with the nausea. I swear I was NEVER this sick with my daughter. I haven't been eating a whole lot because of how I feel, but I am drinking things (milk, juice, water, gatorade) to stay hydrated. And I work full time on top of it. Guh. I'm going to call my OB on Monday and see what she recommends. But at my last visit, she said morning sickness was the sign of a healthy pregnancy.

I have to go to motherhood maternity today and get some early pregnancy pants. I also need to go to Soma Intimates and get some new undies and bras. I used to wear a higher cut brief under my work pants because it looked the most flattering, but I have to find some under belly undies because ANYTHING on my tummy right now makes me barfy. The joys of pregnancy, eh?
I think every baby is different. Hopefully your OB can give you some suggestions to make it a little more comfortable for you. Have you tried all the "normal" things, peppermint tea, ginger (ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger candy)? Maybe you can ask about some Unisom and B6.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Katie - I have heard good things about the Unisom and B6 combo - maybe ask your doc about it?

Jenny - Oooh, so jealous of your garden!! It sounds amazing. We always get way too enthusiastic when we plant and don't keep up with it We still get an incredible amount of produce, though....luckily we pick stuff that can mostly take care of itself And YAY looking forward to your ultrasound too!

This morning DH helped me make a bunch of meals to freeze. I think we did 11. So those are now stashed away for when I'm too sick to cook - YES! So excited about that. And I teach a class 2 days a week and my mom watches DD while I'm gone and also makes dinner, so I am saving all the actual "cooking" dinners for her to do, and I will save the frozen ones for me Can't wait for a break from cooking! With 11 meals it should last me 3-4 weeks since DH can cook on weekends. Hopefully by then I will at least be on the upswing, if not feeling totally better. This afternoon I think we're off to take DD outside since it's so gorgeous! Then out to dinner tonight!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Sorry I haven't been posting much. We had a foster placement come in yesterday and man am I busy! I have done so much the past two days, including a trip to ikea today!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Buxterboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it difficult to become foster parents as a military family? I ask because my husband and I want to do this but always figured we would have to wait till he was out in 11 more years...
Buxterboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are National Guard, so not for us. But our agency has lots of military families as there's a large base within an hour. They LOVE military families and place a lot of children in the area of the base. As long as you can get the classes/inspections done when your husband is not deployed it's pretty easy it seems. Here in Texas we are limited on the number of children as they treat me like a single parent, but we live in a small home so we're limited by square footage anyways. I love being a foster parent, so I'd encourage you to look into it! It's a ton of work, a ton of heart/heart ache, but it's been a lifelong goal of mine as my Grandparents were foster parents. I hope we can adopt from foster care, but that part may be hard as dh will go active duty before we reach far enough up on the list.

Last edited by sillyutalktome; 03-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
sillyutalktome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jenny, I'm so glad you're feeling more confident! My moods are still swinging from optimism to certainty that something is wrong, but the optimism seems to be winning out little by little.

We're doing nothing this weekend, DH is still on weekends so its me and the boys all day. We all had a good nap today. And I never mentioned it yet but I caved and we told our parents last week. Reactions were pretty basic. My Mom was surprised and excited, and she obviously wants a girl as bad as I do because the first question out of her mouth was "When's the ultrasound?" lol. DH told MIL and apparently she has been waiting for us to tell her something of the sort, she figured it was "about that time" since she knew I wanted them all fairly close. Thats all we told so far, we told MIL (who will tell FIL, he was out when we called) that they can tell DH's grandfather, especially since DH's grandmother just died a couple weeks ago, so we thought he might like to get some good news. DH is being lazy and hasn't called BIL yet, though it can be tricky to get him with the 4 hour time difference.

18 days until my next appt.