Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekend chatter 3/10-3/11

Well Amber, I guess I'm joining you in the mood swings. I was so optimistic just in my last post and then today, I just felt TOO good and thought that was a bad sign. So tonight I'm pessimistic. Like you, usually the optimism is winning out more and more, but this preg is so much easier than my sons' and daughter's pregnancies. I was sick from week 5 to week 7 constantly, but since then, it has slowed down a little at a time till now I feel pretty good most of the time (I'm 8 weeks 2 days). I can even do a lot. Today I gardened and went on a 3 mile hike and other stuff and my DH and I just can't believe I can do that. Usually, at this point in pregnancy, I'm so sick I'm mentally out of it. But then in the shower tonight, I was looking at my belly and just told myself to embrace it while it lasted....meaning the sickness free part.....and maybe also meaning the pregnancy. I do think more of the time that it'll last, but then I have twinges of doubt. So anyways, tonight, I wish I was as hopeful as I was this morning.

Sheena, no, I've never had that happen with cucumbers! Sorry!

Advertisement

zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Katie I work full time too and I wear yoga pants and flowy shirts to work which seems to help. The belly band has also been helping because my jeans dig into my stomach and makes the nausea worse. I live off of water, sprite & saltines at work for the nausea. Dry cereal helps too. I hope your ob has some tips for you!
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well we ended up doing nothing all day yesterday but lay on the couch and watch Supernatural and consume mass amounts of junk food lol. Then we went to dinner and came home to continue laying on the couch watching Supernatural. Today I'm trying to motivate myself to go clean the kitchen. Then go get a pedicure and the car washed. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline11009 View Post
Well we ended up doing nothing all day yesterday but lay on the couch and watch Supernatural and consume mass amounts of junk food lol. Then we went to dinner and came home to continue laying on the couch watching Supernatural. Today I'm trying to motivate myself to go clean the kitchen. Then go get a pedicure and the car washed. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Caroline, enjoy those days!!!!! I still look back on those days fondly when I was preg with our first and some days we just soaked up the need to lazily grow a baby. No one else to worry about.....just lots of husband wife time. I remember one of the first warm days the winter I was preg with Logan. We took our futon matress out on to our front deck and just layed in the sun drinking fresh squeezed orange juice and reading magazines/books for hours....just b/c we could. Dreaming/talking about the baby. So fun! Now, I sit here reading DS while the boys give me a guitar concert and my DH cooks us all lunch. Still fun but different. You only get the days you're getting now, once, as you'll only of course be expecting your first once. So eat it up and enjoy every magical lazy moment.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

Wow, Eileen, what meals did you cook and freeze? I don't know how to do this but really need to learn how because we've been eating a lot of cereal for dinner and its getting OLD!

Jealous of you guys with gardens! We rent and have no yard, but if we had a house I'd definetly try to garden!

Last edited by zaeaton; 03-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.
zaeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok, totally have to vent. Across the st lives a little girl who is my DD age. She lives with her mom and grandparents. The grandparents are divorced but live together and the grandfather NEVER comes out of the house. Seriously...NEVER. They scream and yell horrible things at each other all the time. They are known in the neighborhood for their screaming of profanities. CPS has been called once that I know of. Cops have been there multiple times. The mom has new boyfriends in and out of the house constantly. So, yes, the poor little girl is not in a good situation. But I swear EVERY. SINGLE. TIME we are out in our front yard, they kick her outside and send her over here and then go back inside and never come check on her. They never ask if we'd mind watching her. They just send her over. ALL. THE. TIME! Now I don't want to sound mean, I feel so bad for the poor thing, but she's starting to be a bad influence on our kids and we only have weekends together as a family and today is my DH birthday so he took the older 2 into the front yard to do a few things together while Kian and I napped, but now aparently he's babysitting the neighbor girl and had to keep getting on her case b/c she was getting into things she shouldn't. He really doesn't need to lose time with his kids on his birthday, and he really doesn't need to babysit on his birthday. I"m just kind of sick of this "set up." Aparently, if we want outside family time, we can only go in the backyard b/c otherwise, we're the relief for the neighbors who don't watch this poor girl in the first place.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #17
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Jenny on all fronts. 1) That little pumpkin seed is a sticky one. I am praying so,so,so very hard for that bean. 2)The neighbor girl: that is such a hard, hard situation. I totally get where you are coming from, and it's rough when your chuldren are seeing/picking up bad habits from her. But, on the other hand, i, personally would have the hardest time turning her away. My heart just breaks for children stuck in the middle of a very yucky situation. I you find a happier medium/answer to the perdicament(sp?)

AFM
I havent been on much because of my stinky allergies. They are teaming up with my m/s to make me miserable. Other than that, i am just counting down the days untill i can give im my 2 weeks notice. My bosses are jerks and the customers are way more work than i get paid to deal with. . i know that makes me sound like a miserable person. . i swear i'm not. But there is only so much "NO! that is NOT 1.99!! its 1.79!!!!" a person can take. Sometimes i wan't to throw change at them and yell lol.. . . The upside of my work is the NICE /sweet customers i get in from time to time. Today i had a foster family in who had at least 5 foster kids. . and one or two of their own. They were just awesome people. The youngest little boy they were fostering was 3months old, the foster dad was telling me that the little boy was born with fetal alcohol syndrome and addicted to some other drugs. . and let me tell you the love that just flowed around the story of that little boy almost made me cry right on the spot. I wanted to hug the dad and snuggle that precious baby and smack the birth mom all at once lol. I really, reaally, want to one day become a foster mom, i just have so much love to go around, and their are so,SO many kids that need love.. . . PHEW! Apparently i need to stand on my soap box for a bit tonight. . sorry
Old 03-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #18
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Jenny I am definitely trying to soak up the laziness. I know it will be few and far between in 7 months. As for your situation with the neighbors that's ridiculous! I honestly don't know what I would do. I hope you all got to enjoy DH's birthday at least.

Yes I need the recipes for these frozen meals! I think it will be handy when baby comes!

So cravings of the day: sunny delight, totino's pepperoni pizza, & peas. Not all together :-) haha
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Old 03-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sara, sorry work is hard. What do you do? ANd when are you planning on giving your 2 week notice?

It IS hard to turn the little girl away, trust me. I've never once done it. I feel so bad for her. It is currently becoming more sticky as she is becoming a bad influence, but my DH and I were talking today and decided that we are totally going to be brave and set boundaries. We are not brave with other peoples kids AT ALL. I personally am afraid of an outraged mom yelling at me for telling her daughter "no". But I need to grow a pair and stand up for the morals we set at our house and if the little girl has a problem with that (which I doubt she will) she can go home. But I doubt she will. I'm pretty sure no one pays her any mind there. And if an outraged mom comes over and yells at me for telling her daughter to not talk about "showing butts" to my daughter, well then she can take her poor child home with her. Boundaries do need to be set. I think I was just at the end of my rope today with these people. The mom comes and goes and doesn't even tell her daughter hello or goodbye. She will show up when her daughter is playing in our yard and not even wave at the poor girl. Then her friends will come pick her up and she won't even tell the poor girl goodbye. Not a hug....not even a GLANCE!!! Today a friend dropped the mom off and there were two young boys in the car and the friend stood outside cursing up a storm for all the children to hear. ugh......... Its just one sad thing after the other with that family and today I had kind of met my limit as yesterday they were yelling and screaming up a storm while we were outside playing with the kids. Anyways, ok, rant over.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

Jenny, that is a tough situation. Personally, it just irritates me that the mother doesn't even asks and just sends her over and then leaves the house?? That is too rude. We don't have children yet, and I'm sure I'll be surprised by things some parents do. I would have to set some boundaries.
AFM, I worked Friday and Saturday and I took a 3 hour nap after church today! Growing a baby is hard work!
Cravings this weekend were Chinese food, ice cream sundae, pickles, Frosted Flakes, and as usual bacon egg and cheese sandwiches!
Night shift this week!