Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love mine from Booty Looty, and super affordable.

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
Mama2abc&d
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breast pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
My only advice is NOT to use Lily Pads silicone nursing pads. they stop you from leaking altogether and i got mastitis because of that.
Lily pads caused me to get mastitis also.

I have some wool ones from Lana Care. I leak right through those. I also have Bamboobies regular and overnight pads. They are ok. The regular ones are thin and have a waterproof back. The overnights are nice and thick but I wish they had a waterproof backing on them.
I need to try some different ones.
Mama2abc&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
mamaspice
Registered Users

I haven't found a reusable I really like yet, but I do really like Natracare for disposables. Not waterproof but smooth under clothes and no gel/scents/etc. Just cotton. I have to order online bc I can't get them locally.

I have two different wahm made ones that are flannel backed with fleece and both are too thick and show through clothes.

Last edited by mamaspice; 03-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I made my own. I'm such a heavy leaker that for overnights I'm using prefolds. Infant size prefolds tri folded fit nicely across on the inside of a nursing tank. Also my pads I made are obv, obf, and wool.
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
bkmd519
Registered Users
seller

YES on the Kinickernappies from Abbyslane.com! My son is 3 months old, and I'd been using the Lansinoh pads. I really wanted to switch to washable (disposable are expensive and scratchy), but after reading so many reviews, it seemed that the washable ones were basically for people who just had some moistness. I, on the other hand, am more Niagra Falls =). My son is a big kahuna, and he goes on nursing binges for a day or two, and then the next day, goes back to normal. This leaves me with a crazy oversupply (especially at night). When I nurse one side, the other pours out. These pads are CRAZY good! I ordered one set as a "trial", and loooove them. I have 2 more sets on order as we speak. The only thing I will say is that with my super thin/stretchy "wear around the house bra", and a thin kind of fitted tshirt, you can see them through my clothes. But with a thicker nursing bra and/or looser shirt, I don't think it'd be a problem. But man, I love these things. Plus, Abby's Lane is awesome, I got them the day after I ordered (!) and when you use the code "sunshine" you get 5% so these things are cheap. Whew, that was a long post about nursing pads =)
bkmd519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
bkmd519
Registered Users
seller

BTW - other places carry the Knickernappies, but Abby's Lane is the only place that I found where you can buy only one set at a time (just in case you don't love them - which you will!), and they're only $3ish with free shipping.
bkmd519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #17
mamamu
Registered Users
seller

I have hemp jersey ones which I'm not crazy about. They re very absorbant but it takes a few seconds for them to start absorbing. I might add a layer of cotton or bamboo to them.
mamamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbermama View Post
Love mine from Booty Looty, and super affordable.
Do they show through a thin shirt?
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
tinaraye
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bamboobies! Super soft and reusable. They're made from bamboo.
tinaraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmd519 View Post
YES on the Kinickernappies from Abbyslane.com! My son is 3 months old, and I'd been using the Lansinoh pads. I really wanted to switch to washable (disposable are expensive and scratchy), but after reading so many reviews, it seemed that the washable ones were basically for people who just had some moistness. I, on the other hand, am more Niagra Falls =). My son is a big kahuna, and he goes on nursing binges for a day or two, and then the next day, goes back to normal. This leaves me with a crazy oversupply (especially at night). When I nurse one side, the other pours out. These pads are CRAZY good! I ordered one set as a "trial", and loooove them. I have 2 more sets on order as we speak. The only thing I will say is that with my super thin/stretchy "wear around the house bra", and a thin kind of fitted tshirt, you can see them through my clothes. But with a thicker nursing bra and/or looser shirt, I don't think it'd be a problem. But man, I love these things. Plus, Abby's Lane is awesome, I got them the day after I ordered (!) and when you use the code "sunshine" you get 5% so these things are cheap. Whew, that was a long post about nursing pads =)

Thanks for the info...I had the same problem with my son...being "like niagra falls". I like how you put that. I might have to check these out for #2.
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote